New Taurus Request

NJSteve3

All this excitement about the "new" Taurus is probably more good than bad. From a design perspective, though, at least one heritage cue should be examined: The 86 - 95 Taurus basically had no grille, just a body colored fascia, which defined its look. Subsequent Taurus models grew a real grille, but never as prominent as the 2008 FH/T. Any thoughts on a body color grille or other mods to approximate the legacy design? Photoshop, anyone?

As a past owner of 2 Tauruses, a then new 86 MT-5 and a slightly then used 95 SHO (both 5 speed MTX) I like the idea of renaming the capable if bland 500. Since Yamaha still is involvrd with Ford...at least at Volvo....another SHO would be great!

Nice. I'm not sure the no grille look works well with the 500/Taurus' more upright lines. I like the scooped hood and black trim

As a past owner of 2 Tauruses, a then new 86 MT-5 and a slightly then used 95 SHO (both 5 speed MTX) I like the idea of renaming the capable if bland 500. Since Yamaha still is involvrd with Ford...at least at Volvo....another SHO would be great!

Ya know I have been wondering what the new Taurus would look like with the rear quarter windows filled in and I like it better.

The nose reminds me of the mid eighties turbo coupe t-bird, has potential. Good work!

Ya know I have been wondering what the new Taurus would look like with the rear quarter windows filled in and I like it better.

I wonder how the filled quarter windows look in side and rear three quarter view. That would be a great way to set the SHO apart. The rear spoiler looks good too. The SHO should also have different taillights.

I like the design of the '08 Taurus, but I don't agree with them bringing back the old name. When people hear the word "Taurus", they think anything but a nice, good-looking, large sedan. :ohsnap:

It was a damned good car! It lost it's way after the 96 Ovoid redo. Then they cheapened it year after year. Even then it wasn't a bad car...just a little long in the tooth. This isn't the first time a Ford (or any other Co.) has brought back a name. It was probably a good idea to give the name a brief break to help reposition it.

post-19198-1171074956_thumb.jpg

Edited by timmm55

It was a damned good car! It lost it's way after the 96 Ovoid redo. Then they cheapened it year after year. Even then it wasn't a bad car...just a little long in the tooth. This isn't the first time a Ford (or any other Co.) has brought back a name. It was probably a good idea to give the name a brief break to help reposition it.

Nice side view Timmm, The blanked out quarter window changes the look of the roofline. It looks sportier. I like the headlights too. the treatment reminds me of the Marauder. Which might make for an interesting Mercury version.

Here's a front 3/4 view.

Ford-Taurus-SHO-8.jpg

Ya...that car looks HOT! I can't believe I just said that about a Taurus. With AWD and the right horsepower a car looking like that can go and hunt down 300C's and G8's. Ford should hire you as a stylist for a new SHO. You were able to take the Taurus and with minimal investment make it look sporty...however not "boy racer" like the G8. This kind of modification would be very possible...now with the right engine, tranny, and some suspension work...Ford could really have a performance sedan to draw people in just like the original SHO did.

Good work! :happy feet:

Ya...that car looks HOT! I can't believe I just said that about a Taurus. With AWD and the right horsepower a car looking like that can go and hunt down 300C's and G8's. Ford should hire you as a stylist for a new SHO. You were able to take the Taurus and with minimal investment make it look sporty...however not "boy racer" like the G8. This kind of modification would be very possible...now with the right engine, tranny, and some suspension work...Ford could really have a performance sedan to draw people in just like the original SHO did.

Good work! :happy feet:

Thanks All. I had the 4.4L V-8 from Volvo w/6-spd & AWD in mind when I did this. All of the parts that came together to make this SHO are from other FoMoCo products (off-the-shelf!). I'm 40 y.o. and would drive this right now! $35-$39K?