2008 Ford Taurus RoboCop Edition

2008 Ford Taurus RoboCop Edition

08Taurus_teaserobo1.jpg

FORD CELEBRATES 20th ANNIVERSARY OF ROBOCOP WITH INTRODUCTION OF NEW 2008 TAURUS ROBOCOP EDITION

• New edition features a light bar, push bars, Delta City Police decals, unique numbering.
  • 3.0-liter Vulcan V-6 delivers an estimated 140 horsepower and 160 ft-lbs of torque.
  • Taurus RoboCop Edition will reach showrooms in July.

CHICAGO, Feb. 8, 2007 - Ford Motor Company today announced it is bringing back the well-known Ford Taurus name, and introducing a new special version – RoboCop Edition - to go on sale this summer.

Celebrating the 20th anniversary of the first RoboCop movie, the 2008-model Taurus RoboCop Edition sedan will go on sale this summer, as an upgrade to the earth shattering ALL NEW Ford Taurus. The new edition features a fully flush grille guard with peek-a-boo Ford emblem, a new monochromatic color scheme, a pushbar, lightbar with siren, Delta City Police decals, and unique numbering.

Weren't the cars (Tauruses) in that movie branded "SUX 2000". I don't think Ford cared much for that.

So you have evidence of the Panther platform surviving beyond 2011? No one else does. The platform is a dead-end. Fact. Next!!

I haven't seen where it is written in stone that it will not, have you?

Don't turn it on me or anybody else to prove your nitwit assertions. That's classic....you or P71 make a false claim and someone has to disprove it? Incredible! You have no common sense.

That's ok, when you make a false claim, then all you have to do is resort to namecalling to prove it, eh?

goingtomoon.jpg

Edited by Armada Master

I haven't seen where it is written in stone that it will not, have you?

That's ok, when you make a false claim, then all you have to do is resort to namecalling to prove it, eh?

goingtomoon.jpg

First of all the first quote isn't mine.

Secondly I didn't call anyone a nitwit.....only the assertion.

We can all make an idiotic statement, but only an idiot will stand by a statement if they know it's not true.

So I'll ask again.........Where is the proof that the Panthers make more money for Ford than the F150 and Mustang?

Don't expect me or anyone else to disprove it, it's in P71's court to furnish the proof.

So I'll ask again.........Where is the proof that the Panthers make more money for Ford than the F150 and Mustang?

Don't expect me or anyone else to disprove it, it's in P71's court to furnish the proof.

I love how you keep demanding proof that you know no one can provide, even though everyone with a lick of common sense seems to know it to be true:

Not convinced? Plenty of people are. In fact, the Town Car’s been a FoMoCo cash cow for over twenty years. In 1985, Lee Iacocca noted that the model netted Henry's mob over a billion dollars annually. While Ford was in its [first] pre-Taurus dire straits, it was the venerable Lincoln Town Car that kept them afloat.

Ironically, the Town Car’s financial success sealed its fate. Ford siphoned-off the model’s $10k-per-unit revenue to purchase a Jaguar-shaped black hole and an English off-roader company, and then starved the Town Car of development. Is it any coincidence that Ford’s and Lincoln’s sales declined as Toyota’s and Lexus’ rose?

More at:

TTAC

And:

Lee Iacocca, who was once president of Ford, told me that at 120,000 units, Ford would be making $10,000 apiece on Town Cars. That is more than a billion dollars in profits. And a third Ford president, Ed Hagenlocker, told me in 1996 that the Town Car platform, which also included the Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis--together accounting for 350,000 cars per year--was Ford's most profitable car platform.

http://www.forbes.com/2006/07/17/bacakseat..._0718flint.html

Certainly not "proof", but definitely some food for thought....unless thinking isn't your forte'.

I love how you keep demanding proof that you know no one can provide, even though everyone with a lick of common sense seems to know it to be true:

And:

Certainly not "proof", but definitely some food for thought....unless thinking isn't your forte'.

Those were good quotes of some substance. Bravo! Then you went on to prove yourself uninformed

Here's something to think about regarding your quotes: that was 20-30 frick'n YEARS ago! And the Mustang sold 1,000,000 units in 65-66. And the F-150 has been the best selling vehicle in the US for decades, selling 28,000,000.

28 MILLION.

126,000 alone in one month back in July 2005. http://www.fordf150.net/ford_news/ford-f-s...d-july-2005.php

It's obvious math and logic aren't your forte. A "lick of common sense" isn't food for thought....it's only a taste.

The Panthers were a good and profitable car in the 80s and 90s, but time (and a lack of investment and mismanagement) haven't been kind. The high water mark was the 03 Marauder, after that it's been downhill.

Get over it, they will soon be history relegated to the "Rear View Mirror" section. But hopefully there is a new Falcon/Interceptor series on the horizon.

BTW why do you even care? You've never even owned one! All your cars are past GM full size RWDs.

Edited by timmm55

I'm so sick of this arguement I could puke.

Pathers selling for dirt cheap (19-25K) to fleets cannot and will not ever make the kind of profits that the F150 and Mustang make. Think about how many Lariats and King Ranch F150's have sold for 40-50K, logically there's a solid profit there. There lies a fundamental difference between fleet sales and retail sales: A COMPANY MAKES MORE MONEY SELLING RETAIL!

And as Timmm55 proves an awful lot more 150's and "galloping donkeys" have been sold than your sacred platform.

Prove your own assertions, and if you refuse to accept that; well by your logic I assert the earth's core consists of twelve types of European cheese...and you get to disprove me.

Edited by MERKURXR4Ti

Where's the proof that they don't.

Common sense should be proof enough. Let's see, which is going to make more $$$ per unit, a vehicle unchanged and unadvertised for a decade (i.e. no investment for those playing from home) or a vehicle updated and advertised on a regular basis (i.e. large investment for those playing from home), hmmm I wonder.....

You are looking at two very small pieces of a massive pie. Were we talking about the same exact cars built in the same plant, by the same unions, with the same logistics costs, sales, equipment maintenance costs, sale price, material costs and so on, then yes the unadvertised one would make more money.

But we aren't.

PS: I love the Robocop picture, to bad another thread went to panther hell

Edited by MERKURXR4Ti