'08 GM HD Trucks

mettech

The Sierra’s curb weight is 3 tons, and its gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) is 9,200 pounds, so we were about 600 pounds shy of the max GVWR. Even though the new Vortec is rated a best in class 353 horsepower and 373 lb-feet, the driver could still feel the burdened response of the engine against the weighty payload, especially during launch through 3rd gear when the broad range of the new 6L90 6-speed transmission became a practical advantage.

When does 353 hp out class 362 and 373 lb ft out class 457.

The 6.0L isn't even close to the 6.8L V-10.

what a stupid looking truck when viewed at a 45 deg angle from the front, headon i like it, but the front and rear should not be so much wider than the main cab!

I agree, I'm not a fan of those weird fender flares. Too Dodge Dakota-ish, which is hardly the vehicle to benchmark for design. I really think Chevy's fullsize truck design peaked with the 98-02 models, yet I'm also a big fan of the new fullsize SUV's so I don't know why they'd make their trucks uglier than their lower-selling SUV's.

I really really hate that chrome piece under the headlights...doesn't make for a practical front bumper imo...wouldn't that be more expensive to replace vs. a normal painted bumper???

the Chrome piece would be more expensive to purchase as the part itself, but when you factor in refinishing time its really a non issue.

i agree though, its too gaudy. a body color upper cover would look nicer.

Edited by Sixt9coug

"Other changes include new seven hole common rail piezo electric injectors that are safe for use with ULSD fuel and lower noise levels by precisely and variably injecting fuel multiple times during a single combustion stroke."

I thought only Ford had piezo injectors?? :headscratch:

Looks like someone gave it a fat lip.

With the goofy fender wells and tiny wheel/tire combo, it looks pretty ugly to me. Especially compared to:08f-250_sd_27_100.jpg
Hmm, a few things I don't like about the Ford is the small headlights, the small upside down looking tail lights, the big panel gaps between the headlights and bumper and I like the GM interior better. It kidda looks like an old man truck too....

The Sierra would definately be the one I'd buy: 0720gmt2090020008lk2.jpg Love that front end.

dsc01973kb7.jpg

The Fords doors and side panels look so much better. The GM has boring doors and stick some God awful side panels on them. The Ford in real life looks so much better than these photos. The square wheel wells don't work for me either, I love the Fords big round wells. Also look how much beefier the Fords side mirros look, the GM's look like a cheap afterthought.