Ford: New in your face ads coming

Ford: New in your face ads coming:

Ford Motor Co. is expected to unveil an aggressive new advertising strategy today in an effort to help slow its alarming U.S. market share decline.

The Detroit News has learned that CEO Alan Mulally has begun a national search for an executive to head up Ford's global marketing efforts. The outside search is being headed by Los Angeles-based Korn/Ferry International, according to people familiar with the situation.

Last month, Ford told employees that its North American turnaround plan already has veered off track. The company missed its internal retail sales goals for January, despite having set its sights low. The February numbers that are due out today are also expected to be grim. MORE.

I expect most of this year to be pretty grim.

The Superduty's new, but the F150 is now the geezer in its segment.

The new Focus...well, let's say I disagree fundamentally with most of the car.

My beloved D3 may finally get improved sales, but the name "Taurus X" is up there with "rhinoplasty" in terms of attractive monikers.

The CD3s will have the new hybrid variants, but the normal cars will still have to soldier on with 50+ less hp available than the competition.

And on, and on...

...I'm not losing faith or hope, but I hope we're seeing the last vestiges of the kind of product stupidity that has gotten Ford swimming in red ink.

The F-150 is certainly not a geezer. It was new in 2004 and will be again in 2009 The bas v8 was improved this year and it has more available options than any other truck. Super duties make up about half of fords sales anyway. Thats pretty good if you ask me. The fusion offers many things that competition does not. The fusion costs much less than others. The Taurus X name is not that hard to get used to. And so I don't like the focus. Well, i don't like small cars to start with, but I'm sure others will.

I expect most of this year to be pretty grim.

The Superduty's new, but the F150 is now the geezer in its segment.

The new Focus...well, let's say I disagree fundamentally with most of the car.

My beloved D3 may finally get improved sales, but the name "Taurus X" is up there with "rhinoplasty" in terms of attractive monikers.

The CD3s will have the new hybrid variants, but the normal cars will still have to soldier on with 50+ less hp available than the competition.

And on, and on...

...I'm not losing faith or hope, but I hope we're seeing the last vestiges of the kind of product stupidity that has gotten Ford swimming in red ink.

both the Taurus and Taurus X would do very well in head to head comparisons ... especially the Taurus since its market is more easily defined

Igor

Hey, here's an idea for Ford to do, instead of comparing their vehicles with Chevy why don't they compare them with Toyota or Honda? The only adds to actually say that are of course the Fusion Challenge. Sorry but I would rather have Ford say how much better their products are over the foreign automakers indeed of beating the “We’re better than Chevy” into the ground.

James

Hey, here's an idea for Ford to do, instead of comparing their vehicles with Chevy why don't they compare them with Toyota or Honda? The only adds to actually say that are of course the Fusion Challenge. Sorry but I would rather have Ford say how much better their products are over the foreign automakers indeed of beating the “We’re better than Chevy” into the ground.

James

ehm ... what other competition should Ford compare the F150 and Expedition EL to? the Tundra is barely out - so hard to have it in the labs yet, and last time I checked, there truly was no other competition to the Expy EL.

Igor

James

What they should do is compare the vehicle to its nearest/greatest competition. I see more Tahoes than I do Sequoias.

But why are they only comparing the Expedition EL? Does the standard length lose to the Tahoe?

with the kind of product ford is turning out these days its a wonder they are still in business

Check out the paint on this Shelby

th_DSC03646.jpg

th_DSC03651.jpg

th_DSC03657.jpg

th_paint_scratches_roof_above_sticker.jpg

th_sanding_scratches_above_quarter_gla.jpg

th_sand_scratches_roof_pass_side.jpg

Ford says this is acceptable paint and refuses to do anything about it. minor flaws in stripes which I would keep as is they will fix. Go figure.

These DA marks in paint show up with a cheap video camera. see my other post

Ford: New in your face ads coming:

Ford Motor Co. is expected to unveil an aggressive new advertising strategy today in an effort to help slow its alarming U.S. market share decline.

The Detroit News has learned that CEO Alan Mulally has begun a national search for an executive to head up Ford's global marketing efforts. The outside search is being headed by Los Angeles-based Korn/Ferry International, according to people familiar with the situation.

Last month, Ford told employees that its North American turnaround plan already has veered off track. The company missed its internal retail sales goals for January, despite having set its sights low. The February numbers that are due out today are also expected to be grim. MORE.

Damn! no more red neck Cowboys strumming guitars chewing baccy or "BOLD" moves Taylor Hicks ( when I first saw that poster I was tempted to cross out the letter B ) get a new advertising firm ford....think Soprano's NOT American idol...shessh!

Edited by Deanh

with the kind of product ford is turning out these days its a wonder they are still in business

Check out the paint on this Shelby

th_DSC03646.jpg

th_DSC03651.jpg

th_DSC03657.jpg

th_paint_scratches_roof_above_sticker.jpg

th_sanding_scratches_above_quarter_gla.jpg

th_sand_scratches_roof_pass_side.jpg

Ford says this is acceptable paint and refuses to do anything about it. minor flaws in stripes which I would keep as is they will fix. Go figure.

These DA marks in paint show up with a cheap video camera. see my other post

don't start me on the stripes.....that paint is in need of color-sanding...and beleive me, as a dealer if the customer was not happy ...we would do it for tham....at least its thick i suppose....

What connects with the Fusion challenge commercials is the genuine response of real people.

If they remove that from the Expy and F-Series commercials, they've basically missed the reason why the Fusion commercials succeed.

The best part of the Fusion challenge commercials is that, IIRC, there is not a single pitch in the voiceover. All the pitch comes from real people.

It's a good spot.

If the voiceover does all the pitching on these other commercials, they will be just commercials. There will be nothing compelling about them.

---also, the somewhat sketchy production quality on the Fusion Challenge commercials do grab viewer attention: they have a lower quality of production than most commercials which actually work in their favor, when it comes to grabbing viewer attention. They're different. They stand out.

Edited by RichardJensen

I loved the McQueen ad .. but I showed a lot of my friends and they didn't understand it at all. People my age (20) don't even know who McQueen is. That ad didn't appeal to people my age at all. Granted, maybe we aren't the target audience, but it's still a little bit weird to anybody who isn't a Mustang afficionado already. Isn't that the whole point of marketing? Attract NEW customers? Current Mustang customers who are probably going to buy the new style probably liked the ad - but who cares? They were already part of Ford's customer base. Ford needs to attract NEW customers through marketing. Impressing old ones is wasting their marketing dollars. Ford would be wise to market the Mustang to younger people (maybe 25 or so). People around 25 are typically graduating from college and ready to rid themselves of disposable income.

Edited by SVT_MAN

I loved the McQueen ad .. but I showed a lot of my friends and they didn't understand it at all. People my age (20) don't even know who McQueen is. That ad didn't appeal to people my age at all. Granted, maybe we aren't the target audience, but it's still a little bit weird .. Ford would be wise to market the Mustang to younger people (maybe 25 or so). People around 25 are typically graduating from college and ready to rid themselves of disposable income.

See your drift but McQueen was an icon recognised by most people that initially Ford was targeting with the mustang, and it went hand in hand with the retro styling...if you get a chance rent Bullit ( movie ) and you will understand, STILL one of the all time greta movie car chase scenes...and count how many tiimes you see the same Volkswagon beetle 9 good trivia ) So, this could be humourous...who would you use as a spokesman for your age group...Kevin federline...HAHAHAHAHA...sorry, couldn't resist....but seriously, who springs to mind because as stupid as it sounds it couldn't be worse than some of the people Ford have deemed good figure-heads...I mean Taylor Hicks...christ I didn't even know who he was until someone informed me of the Brain Fodder that made him famous...like said before ford needs some edge to their ad campaigns...Sopranos, Desperate Housewifes...hell, yeah...even federline...his Hamburger add in the Superbowl was a riot...

Look, you've had your fun. You're not posting that stuff anymore.

Thats fine Richard. I guess the truth hurts? Maybe if you came to see the car yourself it would be a bit different?

Your judgement to remove my posts or lock them is very one sided and you know it.

Can you give me a single good reason why I am not allowed to post pics of my car?

I also learned of your source a bit ago too. (I can post name if you would like) With that source you definately did not get the proper story!

all I did was post a few pics of a AAI paint job thats not up to par and you feel the need to remove them?

WIth all the other stuff you allow on these forums it seems a bit one sided?

supposed you will edit this too?

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=6402

Thats fine Richard. I guess the truth hurts? Maybe if you came to see the car yourself it would be a bit different?

Your judgement to remove my posts or lock them is very one sided and you know it.

Can you give me a single good reason why I am not allowed to post pics of my car?

I also learned of your source a bit ago too. (I can post name if you would like) With that source you definately did not get the proper story!

all I did was post a few pics of a AAI paint job thats not up to par and you feel the need to remove them?

WIth all the other stuff you allow on these forums it seems a bit one sided?

supposed you will edit this too?

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=6402

perhaps when you share the whole story and not give a one sided distorted veiw, answer simply asked questions TRUTHFULLY, and not avoid them ALLTOGETHER, perhaps some of us could empathise, until then lookup the word KHARMA......