Stock GT500 in the low 10's

351cid

A guy bought a GT500 and with fairly small amount of bolt ons got that baby into the low 10's. Their goal is into the 9's next.

Awesome, My STOCK Schwinn 10 speed with a Turborator doublejet thundergear cycloneblower pedal kit ran a 7.3

sure its quick but its not stock.

my friend with an 87 T-Type would always swear it was 'stock'. well, except the cold air intake, LS1 MAF, downpipe, larger injectors, larger fuel pump, KB Intercooler, 21psi, a Hooker exhaust and a chip.

but hey, the heads and shortblock were stock!

If the stock one is close to that, all the ones in Cali can be viewed in the impound yards at the local towing company.

One pass like that, on the street, near a LEO and it's in the yard for a month. Figure $2000 to pay the tow and impound fee, $2000+ in fines, and whatever you and your insurance company settle on for surcharges for the next four years.

It's not much fun having a fast car in Cali anymore.

• 4 weeks later...
If the stock one is close to that, all the ones in Cali can be viewed in the impound yards at the local towing company.

One pass like that, on the street, near a LEO and it's in the yard for a month. Figure $2000 to pay the tow and impound fee, $2000+ in fines, and whatever you and your insurance company settle on for surcharges for the next four years.

It's not much fun having a fast car in Cali anymore.

What is a LEO? Lightspeed Enforcement Officer? I moved from Cali a few years ago but don't recall that term.