Ford/Toyota Questions

Ole Miss

Why is Toyota building new factories in the United States? Why is Toyota building new factories in the South? Why is Ford building new factories in Russia, China, and the Balkans? Who are the real Americans? Why don't the Fords and their upper management live in Russia, China, and the Balkans? Why does Toyota make money? Why doesn't Ford make money? Could there be more to the equation than retirement benefits and insurance? Is the true definition of a real American either a robber baron or a dirt poor coal miner with lung cancer? Is it un-American to be working middle class with insurance, retirement, security, and good benefits? Why does Finland have the most productive workforce in the world? How can that be when they have all those socialized benefits? Why didn't we elect Ross Perot? Why do we listen to all this world economy spin? When will we learn?

Why is Toyota building new factories in the United States? Why is Toyota building new factories in the South? Why is Ford building new factories in Russia, China, and the Balkans? Who are the real Americans? Why don't the Fords and their upper management live in Russia, China, and the Balkans? Why does Toyota make money? Why doesn't Ford make money? Could there be more to the equation than retirement benefits and insurance? Is the true definition of a real American either a robber baron or a dirt poor coal miner with lung cancer? Is it un-American to be working middle class with insurance, retirement, security, and good benefits? Why does Finland have the most productive workforce in the world? How can that be when they have all those socialized benefits? Why didn't we elect Ross Perot? Why do we listen to all this world economy spin? When will we learn?

The Finns are the most depressed people on Earth. I heard this somewhere, maybe on Sixty Minutes or CBS Sunday Morning. It's cold and there's nothing else to do? I think there are few immigration problems. And maybe they have a strong work ethic. Now I'm going to have to do some research on the Finns so I'm not accused of being politically incorrect.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that we are the hardest working force in the world. They will never tell you that because if we realize whats going on in the rest of the world, we might want better. this country was built on the backs of slavery and thats what kind of working model we have. before the devaluation on the dollar, you could get ahead, now, even with our jobs, its hard to get ahead by much.

that is why we shouldnt worry about medical ins. they barely want to give us a day off. We are the true Americans whether we protest or not, we should not let any of these clowns question or tell us about our Americanism.

The biggest problem facing for is bad design!!!! We build great quality product but who wants to look like your driving your grandparents car?? Our interiors are right out of the 80s the radio looks like a lunch box. Just ask your friends that don't have a tie to Ford and they'll tell you ugly product!!! You have to design what the public wants, they need to clean out all the old designers and bring in new blood!!! I'm sure you'll all hate me for this but in order to sell any product today you have to make it likeable not just based on American Made!!!! If that was true Wal-Mart wouldn't exsist!!!

The biggest problem facing for is bad design!!!! We build great quality product but who wants to look like your driving your grandparents car?? Our interiors are right out of the 80s the radio looks like a lunch box. Just ask your friends that don't have a tie to Ford and they'll tell you ugly product!!! You have to design what the public wants,

I agree. I have an '01 F150 Super Crew. I love it. My father-in-law leased an'07 (06 ?) Super Cab. Now...better than mine ?? Well this truck gets up and goes (mine 4.6 - his 5.4) His is quieter than mine ever was. His interior blows mine away. That tailgate has to be 1/2 the weight of mine. He gets 14 mpg in mixed driving. I get 15/19. I would love trade mine in but I cant stand the styling. Sheet metal seems too flat, square . I can live with my 4.6. And at least for the near future I will. JMO.

before the devaluation on the dollar, you could get ahead, now, even with our jobs, its hard to get ahead by much.

that is why we shouldnt worry about medical ins. they barely want to give us a day off. We are the true Americans whether we protest or not, we should not let any of these clowns question or tell us about our Americanism.

Don't Blame the Market for the Housing Bubble

The Fed has roughly tripled the amount of dollars and credit in circulation just since 1990. Housing prices have risen dramatically not because of simple supply and demand, but because the Fed literally created demand by making the cost of borrowing money artificially cheap.

The Federal Reserve provides the mother’s milk for the booms and busts wrongly associated with a mythical “business cycle.” Imagine a Brinks truck driving down a busy street with the doors wide open, and money flying out everywhere, and you’ll have a pretty good analogy for Fed policies over the last two decades. Unless and until we get the Federal Reserve out of the business of creating money at will and setting interest rates, we will remain vulnerable to market bubbles and painful corrections. If housing prices plummet and millions of Americans find themselves owing more than their homes are worth, the blame lies squarely with Alan Greenspan and Ben Bernanke.