2007 Expedition Trans TSB

ELlover

Thanks, my expedition has been doing this and I took it in and of course it didnt do it when the service guy drove it. I think i will have to schedule and appointment and take it in to fix it. Thanks again

Did you get it in? Just take a copy of that TSb and they will do it.

I took my Expy in today to get the TSB done and they gave me a loaner car which is an 07 Explorer and I am actually impressed with the new Explorer. I was never into the Explorer and never fit well in them and this one is very nice. I think its a great car for someone who doesnt like the big SUV feel but needs the rear 2 seats once in a while. It handles pretty well too. Anyway, I will get the EL back in the morning, they had to detail it for me since a Red Robin is in love with my Expy...

I took my Expy in today to get the TSB done and they gave me a loaner car which is an 07 Explorer and I am actually impressed with the new Explorer. I was never into the Explorer and never fit well in them and this one is very nice. I think its a great car for someone who doesnt like the big SUV feel but needs the rear 2 seats once in a while. It handles pretty well too. Anyway, I will get the EL back in the morning, they had to detail it for me since a Red Robin is in love with my Expy...

can you tell that its fix? i got a little delay when i press the gas really not worried about it like a 2 sec but if it get worse then will take it in

can you tell that its fix? i got a little delay when i press the gas really not worried about it like a 2 sec but if it get worse then will take it in

I just got it back and not sure if I am pleased. Seems like I have my power back from the first reset but not sure I like how it shifts from 1-2. It doesnt have the lag anymore which is good. I need to drive it more before I can tell you 100% if its better or not. Seems the RPM's are set higher too. I will give more feedback after I drive it all weekend.

So I went back out and drove around town and there seems to be no lag at all from take off. It jumps right in first gear and goes. The 1-2 shift seems a little harsh but more I drive the better it seems. I think this might have fixed it!!! :happy feet: In the next few days I will let you all know how it is. I know the lag from take off was a big pain in the butt so if this fixes it then worth the few hours it took. I believe they can do this while you wait too.

This sounds similar to the problem the 02-04 Explorers had. My girlfriend's 04 had really lazy shifting, and also would SLAM! into reverse. They replaced the shift solenoids, and all is well ever since.

Well so far the trans is 150% better. Every so often I can feel it try and be lazy in take off but it catches really fast and goes. Also my gas mileage is going up. When the did the reflash 2 months ago my mileage went to 11.5 city and 12.5 highway. I am now up to 14 city and about 16 highway and thats without reseting the gas mileage gauge. When I drive up to Vegas next month I will reset it to see what my actual highway mileage is.

Well so far the trans is 150% better. Every so often I can feel it try and be lazy in take off but it catches really fast and goes. Also my gas mileage is going up. When the did the reflash 2 months ago my mileage went to 11.5 city and 12.5 highway. I am now up to 14 city and about 16 highway and thats without reseting the gas mileage gauge. When I drive up to Vegas next month I will reset it to see what my actual highway mileage is.

sounds good, i am taking my expedition in friday for this update.

took expedition in this morning and handed them the TSB bulletin. At first they didnt want to do the update, they told me that a technician had to verify the problem before they could file a warranty claim on it. I told them this was the second time i have brought it in for the same thing. It doesnt happen all the time just intermittendly . We drove around and of course it shifts fine. Supposedly they flashed the computer and did the most recent calibration on it, we will see in the next few weeks to see if it shifts better from 1 to 2 and vice versus. They didnt run it through ford , no paperwork. They said if they do a second fix on a transmission and it doesnt fix it, then ford questions there tech department on the third warranty issue. Hopefully they did what they claim they did and i wont have any more issues. to be continued.

took expedition in this morning and handed them the TSB bulletin. At first they didnt want to do the update, they told me that a technician had to verify the problem before they could file a warranty claim on it. I told them this was the second time i have brought it in for the same thing. It doesnt happen all the time just intermittendly . We drove around and of course it shifts fine. Supposedly they flashed the computer and did the most recent calibration on it, we will see in the next few weeks to see if it shifts better from 1 to 2 and vice versus. They didnt run it through ford , no paperwork. They said if they do a second fix on a transmission and it doesnt fix it, then ford questions there tech department on the third warranty issue. Hopefully they did what they claim they did and i wont have any more issues. to be continued.

They did it because they dont want you to lemon law it! Gosh some service departments are sooooo bad! A re-flash isnt going to help. And I hate to report that my 1-2 shift is doing it again but not to bad. I wont lemon law for something like this. I just hope that when I get my 09 that it will be fixed by then.

I'm also shocked to say that today we will be trading in our F-150 for a Honda :ohsnap: Im actually sick thinking about this. I am such a true Ford owner but since my husband works for Honda it makes sense that their Service Manager drives a honda. I hate to get rid of the 06 F150 since it is such an awesome truck with NO problems but its a lease and we are way high on miles so it makes more sense to sell it than turn the lease in. Now it opens the door for me getting a F250 in the near future since the payment on the Honda will be so cheap. Ok sorry for going off topic...

Thanks for the heads up on the TSB. I've told my dealer about this shifting problem several times, and if there is ever a fix for it to let me know. Needless to say, he was floored when I handed him a copy of the TSB! He wanted to know where I got it from, I just told him I know the smartest people on the internet :D

It's going in Mon. We'll see if it works, currently mine has to shift back from 2nd to 1st 95% of the time.

• 4 weeks later...
They did it because they dont want you to lemon law it! Gosh some service departments are sooooo bad! A re-flash isnt going to help. And I hate to report that my 1-2 shift is doing it again but not to bad. I wont lemon law for something like this. I just hope that when I get my 09 that it will be fixed by then.

I'm also shocked to say that today we will be trading in our F-150 for a Honda :ohsnap: Im actually sick thinking about this. I am such a true Ford owner but since my husband works for Honda it makes sense that their Service Manager drives a honda. I hate to get rid of the 06 F150 since it is such an awesome truck with NO problems but its a lease and we are way high on miles so it makes more sense to sell it than turn the lease in. Now it opens the door for me getting a F250 in the near future since the payment on the Honda will be so cheap. Ok sorry for going off topic...

EL Lover...

What ever you do... Don't buy a Honda... I bought a Honda Pilot which just turned two years old. It is the biggest piece of garbage I have ever owned. Constant problems too numerous to mention here... and now the warranty is almost up (3000 more miles) and now the transmission sometimes does "funny things". Can you believe I was originally going to buy an Expedition but bought into the whole "Honda Quality" lie. I'm waiting for a bigger rebate on the Expedition and then I'm going to buy an Expedition as I should have in the first place. What a cheap piece of junk this Honda is. One more thing EL Lover... Don't expect anything Honda sells to be able to do what your F150 does. Honda does not make a truck... only passenger cars that might vaguely resemble a truck.

You've been warned!

Edited by bucky

EL Lover...

What ever you do... Don't buy a Honda... I bought a Honda Pilot which just turned two years old. It is the biggest piece of garbage I have ever owned. Constant problems too numerous to mention here... and now the warranty is almost up (3000 more miles) and now the transmission sometimes does "funny things". Can you believe I was originally going to buy an Expedition but bought into the whole "Honda Quality" lie. I'm waiting for a bigger rebate on the Expedition and then I'm going to buy an Expedition as I should have in the first place. What a cheap piece of junk this Honda is. One more thing EL Lover... Don't expect anything Honda sells to be able to do what your F150 does. Honda does not make a truck... only passenger cars that might vaguely resemble a truck.

You've been warned!

Bucky - You got a lemon. Honda makes a fine product...

And to say a vehicle in it's same class / price range from Ford, Chrysler or GM is a "better vehicle" would be a hard pill to swallow.