2007 Expedition Trans TSB

ELlover

Bucky - You got a lemon. Honda makes a fine product...

And to say a vehicle in it's same class / price range from Ford, Chrysler or GM is a "better vehicle" would be a hard pill to swallow.

That's a good one!!!

:hysterical:

• 1 month later...

New TSB 07-08-11?

Just had my 2007 serviced and I complained of a hesitation from a stop not unlike many have reported after the first TSB was applied. Mine has a build date of 4/2/2007, so I think it fell outside the first TSB for trans recalibration. I mentioned the 07-4-8 TSB, though. Apparently there is another TSB # 07-08-11... Quote from work order, "PERFORM TSB 07/08/11 REPROGRAM PCM/TCM CODE 04 BASIC RECAL." They didn't offer me the text of the TSB - sorry. So far no more hesitation and it seems to have a quicker acceleration take off.

• 4 weeks later...

Many, many thanks to Tiffany and others regarding the TSB for the 07 Expy. I finally couldn't ignore the trans issue (I try to look on the positive side of things), but it seemed to be getting worse. I took it in to my dealer last week (Vista Ford, Oxnard, CA) along with a printout of the TSB Tiff supplied.

No questions asked, they re-programmed the trans and it's awesome! Ok, now I feel like a complete idiot for waiting, but I'm glad I finally had it done. I have had NO issues and it shifts great now. A quick trip and back to Tahoe for July 4th, and 1,200 miles later it's still great. Smooth as silk, no hesitation, and more importantly, no waffling back and forth between 2nd, 1st, 2nd, etc.

If anyone else has this issue on an early build '07, don't wait - have the TSB work done!

Thanks again everyone!

:happy feet:

• 2 months later...
Just got a call from the shop foreman at my dealership and there is a TSB on the trans for the 1-2 shift. I am taking mine in Saturday to have it done. If you want more information on this TSB let me know I can get a copy of it.

I have transmission problems with my 2007 expedition el as well. Is there a complete list of all the TSB's that apply to this problem?

My fan also stops on a regular basis and then starts. anyone have the same problem?

I have transmission problems with my 2007 expedition el as well. Is there a complete list of all the TSB's that apply to this problem?

My fan also stops on a regular basis and then starts. anyone have the same problem?

There is 2 or 3 TSB's for the tranny.

As for the fan, yes, many complain of this problem. Sometimes it will just quit for no reason, then you have to turn the car off and then back on. Not sure if there is a TSB on this problem.

There is 2 or 3 TSB's for the tranny.

As for the fan, yes, many complain of this problem. Sometimes it will just quit for no reason, then you have to turn the car off and then back on. Not sure if there is a TSB on this problem.

thanks for the information. Do you also have a problem with the driver side interior door handle coming loose or stretched?

"Bucky - You got a lemon. Honda makes a fine product...

And to say a vehicle in it's same class / price range from Ford, Chrysler or GM is a "better vehicle" would be a hard pill to swallow."

To any of those who are wondering... I just purchased a 2008 Expedition and paid exactly $399 more for it than my Honda Pilot that I drove for 19 months and can hardly wait to get rid of. I have crawled all over and under the Pilot and the Expedition and can say without a doubt that the Expedition is built better and uses higher quality materials. Now to be fair I have only had the Expedition a month so time will tell how well the Expedition holds up. The things I can comment on so far is that the Expedition has a better ride, a quieter cabin, better quality materials, more heavy duty, will tow a trailer and get ready for this... GETS BETTER FUEL MILEAGE!

Yep... Leave it to those poor, ignorant, American car makers to build a three ton vehicle with a 300 horsepower V8 that will get better fuel mileage than a front wheel drive, six cylinder, unibody Honda.

;)

• 9 years later...