New SVT Lightning Anyone???

fordmatt21

http://news.windingroad.com/trends/whats-n...ds-svt-a-truck/

Looks like good news for SVT fans but I just can't imagine what is taking them so long. SVT started the inhouse performance vehicle production idea and now they're letting SS and SRT run the market. Personally I'd love to see a new Lightning but with the Adrenaline concept from last year I think it's a Sport Trac. Whatever it is it can't come soon enough.

400hp Twin Force V6 Sport Track - Adrenaline ..

ow about that?

and then the 2012 500?hp Twin Force 6.2l V8 F150 lightning.

Igor

2012? That's like resurecting the name Shelby or something. ...............OK....not quite the same but geese, that would be a ways off from 2004 to bring it back.

2012? That's like resurecting the name Shelby or something. ...............OK....not quite the same but geese, that would be a ways off from 2004 to bring it back.

it is based on the engine timeline Blue II has been posting. It is ways off, but right now Ford has no engine AFAIK that can power F150 respectably enough to deserve SVT badges ....

Blue II has been talking for a while of 4V dual VCT, Aluminum block aluminum head twin turbo (Twin Force) 6.2l V8 developing more than 625ft/lbs, but has been adamant that this engine will not make it to F150 before 2011 or 2012 ...

I assume this engine in F150 only makes sense as a Lightning engine ... it will be a beast of powerplant.

Igor

What makes Blue II's information so credible, and has he offered any proof of anything he has said?

no, but he has been talking about the TwinForce from well before the engine was even officially rumored, including HP numbers. He also confirmed that D35 would go to the D3's, and that Lincoln would get a D37.

Of course, Ford powertrain news JUST got interesting, and a lot of his predictions are about reveals yet to happen - but so far he has not been proven mistaken or ill informed ...

So for now he is my one of my core sources of info about future Ford powertrains.

Igor