Fusion Coupe

Ok, then we are back to a 2 door Fusion with the same roof etc..

Just 2 doors

Yuk.... It just looks like a two door SEDAN version of a Fusion. I would keep pursuing the right fastback coupe roofline and closed in quarter windows to give it a more personal look. There is no sense in Ford ever pursing a Fusion coupe unless it can be special and much more distinctive than a sedan.

This subject perked my interest this afternoon, so I worked up a practical concept for a Fusion Coupe. I my mind's eye, I envision that if Ford had the gonzos to produce a Fusion Coupe, the only way it could work was if it were a high performance model (ST designation, perhaps). Think GTO, but with a 3.5L V6.

Front and rear spoilers have been added along with a rear lower valance extension. Larger, coupe-specific multi-spoke rims would be available in bright chrome. The rear tail light treatment would be unique to the coupe just as it is for the Accord Coupe. The rear window is given a further slope that comes closer to the leading edge of the trunk lid, but maintains the angled "kink" of the rear roofline. This just barely stretches the B pillar, giving a sportier "fastback" look that remains practical. Side bumper gaurd trim is also removed for a cleaner profile.

Let's see what you think... :blah:

post-26803-1176314981_thumb.jpg

This subject perked my interest this afternoon, so I worked up a practical concept for a Fusion Coupe. I my mind's eye, I envision that if Ford had the gonzos to produce a Fusion Coupe, the only way it could work was if it were a high performance model (ST designation, perhaps). Think GTO, but with a 3.5L V6.

Front and rear spoilers have been added along with a rear lower valance extension. Larger, coupe-specific multi-spoke rims would be available in bright chrome. The rear tail light treatment would be unique to the coupe just as it is for the Accord Coupe. The rear window is given a further slope that comes closer to the leading edge of the trunk lid, but maintains the angled "kink" of the rear roofline. This just barely stretches the B pillar, giving a sportier "fastback" look that remains practical. Side bumper gaurd trim is also removed for a cleaner profile.

That is much better. That is getting close to the look of the 427 Coupe chop I did. I bet this would look good in black. I do like the closed in smaller rear quarter windows with thick C-pillar which is reminiscent of the classic Tbirds... I agree the taillamp is wrong though. I would also suggest a variation of the Milan rear end treatment with the shorter lens height and horizontal stretch across the decklid to help do away with the overdone by the industry triangular wraparound look.

Edited by Watchdevil

I like it, I just used yours Meelaan ( nice stuff), I shrunk it quick in paint for a more distinct look from the aleros,g3,granda ms, cavaliers,sunfires,etc. Just my 1.87 cents.

post-25582-1177031737_thumb.jpg my hack version on top.

Edited by sparky1520

• 2 months later...
Was messing around with a Fusion Coupe, The roof is straight from the Iosis concept.

I think the Fusion would make a great convertable. Not sure about the coupe. What do you think?

I prefer the current roof line this should be the model for the Fusion coupe!

post-27216-1184221866_thumb.jpg

Edited by Furious1Auto