FORD FLEX!!!!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reflex is still being developed - Right now i is being considered as a global small B-car coupe .. sort of replacement for the EU Puma of a couple years back. It will be at least a year behind the regular b-car.

Igor

I wouldn't call around 14K SVT Foci sold over 4 years a success either. The 2 door "sporty car" market is more fickle then the stock market and the Mustang is the only car out there thats been doing it successfully for over 40 years now.

The whole tuner market has been shrinking since 2000 or so, how many riced out Civics do you see any more? not many these days...

They don't tune cars anymore... They just rice them out with add-on cosmetic junk...

Anyway, I am not really refering to tuner or performance cars anyway... I am referring to sporty or fun to drive affordable vehicles with good looks and versatility.

The design of this vehicle is so completely random and hodge-podged. There is no coherency or balance. It's VERY long, VERY low, it looks like it was stepped on! The dual-paint scheme makes this illusion even worse. I HATE this thing, it's an eye-sore and an embarrassment! It's one thing to be original, it's another thing to be random. Ford needs a Lambda fighter and this ain't it! This product will only appeal to a VERY narrow audience. I am ALWAYS suspicious of products that began as a designer's concept, the market research was driven to justify the product, not the other way around. I think we'll see an initial interest, but this is a very trendy interpretation of a CUV, it won't have much staying power and will soon turn bitter in time.

Borg, I'm curious, what were the sales projections for the Lambdas? they certainly aren't setting the world on fire for sales so far...

What are the sales projections for the Flex? 100,000 units per year, appears realistic to me.

Don't mistaken success by your own expectations, Fusion is doing well for Ford yet i hear nothing but complaining from people who think Ford had planned to sell 400,000 units a year and knock camry off the top.

Edge is also selling well...

Now please get of your soap box!

Edited by fordforever96

The American public would buy a Toyota Sienna over a Ford Flex any day of the week. Know why? Because it says Toyota on the grill. That's the only motivation someone needs to buy a Toyota minivan. They don't need cutesy ideas like hideaway freezers and mini-jukeboxes.

If Ford ever put as much energy into quality control as they do with their ridiculous concept cars, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

So you don't think Ford can sell 100,000 of these in one full year?

Check back in one year.

I really don't like the look of the Flex, but to be fair that's probably because I'm European and this is clearly a VERY American looking car. Although http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18021283/ does'nt like it either.

It does look to me like a poor copy of a Range Rover with a Mini Cooper Roof. What I find interesting is that BMW is currently developing a MINI SUV which will launch in about 2 years time and looks from Artist's impressions to be much nicer. Cleverly it will appeal in Europe and America I think.

Ford should sell 100,000 Flexes a year. However I wonder why they just don't make a Range Rover 'car' charge twice the price of the Flex and make more profit??

Ford should sell 100,000 Flexes a year. However I wonder why they just don't make a Range Rover 'car' charge twice the price of the Flex and make more profit??

Are you suggesting that Range Rover market a CUV-type vehicle? It's a possibility, but I see that type of vehicle more likely showing up under the Jaguar brand and not Land Rover.

Are you suggesting that Range Rover market a CUV-type vehicle? It's a possibility, but I see that type of vehicle more likely showing up under the Jaguar brand and not Land Rover.

I think Jag needs to focus on making a few models brilliantly for a few years. CUV's might distract them. I also see Range Rover becoming an increasingly standalone brand. So making CUV's seems like a smart move to me. Land Rover/ Range Rover is incredibly strong at the moment. It most go forth and mulitply it's model range.