FORD FLEX!!!!

3rd row seating is the key thing here: If Ford got that right, then .... look out. I think that's one of the biggest problems with the Acadia/Outlook: They are not any kind of usable 3 row vehicle. Their 3rd row is as cramped as the smaller, lighter Freestyle/Taurus X

Another small detail: the door covers the rocker panel--this should be a neat little touch that will keep your pant leg clean during muddy/snowy weather.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd row seating is the key thing here: If Ford got that right, then .... look out. I think that's one of the biggest problems with the Acadia/Outlook: They are not any kind of usable 3 row vehicle. Their 3rd row is as cramped as the smaller, lighter Freestyle/Taurus X

Another small detail: the door covers the rocker panel--this should be a neat little touch that will keep your pant leg clean during muddy/snowy weather.

Well...if we use fords other proucts as a guage..w.e know that the third row should be good.

Well...if we use fords other proucts as a guage..w.e know that the third row should be good.

There's a pic on the media site showing all three rows folded flat (including front passenger), the 3rd row looks like a legit 3rd row. The seats don't sit directly on the floor pan (as they do on the Taurus X & Lambdas), and the seat back looks fairly tall.

I have to think that passenger packaging was the foremost consideration on this product.

post-15194-1175702549_thumb.jpg

Edited by RichardJensen

There's a pic on the media site showing all three rows folded flat (including front passenger), the 3rd row looks like a legit 3rd row. The seats don't sit directly on the floor pan (as they do on the Taurus X & Lambdas), and the seat back looks fairly tall.

I have to think that passenger packaging was the foremost consideration on this product.

Great picture there Richard. From that shot, it looks to be over 12 feet from the back to the front dash! This thing is going to be HUGE!!! MORE PICS PLEASE!!! :happy feet:

Here's a pic of the full interior. It looks like the rear seats have a footwell but they do look a little tight.

Here's a pic of the full interior. It looks like the rear seats have a footwell but they do look a little tight.

Could be the angle of the photo as well. From that angle there looks to be an adequate amount of room on the drivers side in the third row.

Could be the angle of the photo as well. From that angle there looks to be an adequate amount of room on the drivers side in the third row.

Any specs on the storage behind the 3rd row. Is it more than the approx 20 cu.ft. in the Freestyle/Taurus X?

Agreed, the angle could be making it look tight. I really like the interior though. One of Ford's best efforts to date IMO.

Oh, and where are those people clamoring for J Mays' head on a platter?

Not me. I'm ready to turn in my 07 Freestyle Limited that I just leased last week early to lease one if these. It's perfect for our triplets and 4 yr old!!!

Just put a lid on this enthusiasm.

I have discovered that this will bomb.

Why?

No manu-matic.

Will those morons at Ford never learn?

You can't possibly win the business of the internet bench-racer crowd without a manu-matic.

:rolleyes:

Oh well, it might sell to people with kids, or something. But you can forget about selling it to 'WRXizzzzdabomb99' over at AutoBlog.

post-15194-1175704573_thumb.jpg

Edited by RichardJensen

Hey guys, check out the first hi-res pics of the Flex at http://www.netcarshow.com/ford/2009-flex/

Also, did you see the new Mini-site on Fordvehicles.com underneath the Taurus X button?

I can't wait to find out the dimensions of this thing "comming soon" it says.

By the way, does anyone know what the dash looks like without the navigation screen and it's new set of buttons, because that button set is plainly there to fit with the screen, can't wait to see the regular controls.

I like it. Blue or dark red would have been a better color choice. I like the fact it will able to tow 4K lbs. Hopefully it will have substatially more power than 260hp; at least 270 maybe? It should do well as long as Ford updates or quickly fixes whatever faults the "experts" find with it.

Well, it's obviously stupid and proof that Ford's gonna be bankrupt by the end of the wwek, 'cuz it's not the C1 Focus, not the new Panther, and not a new Ranger. Hell, it doesn't even offer an 800hp blown big block!

Oh, and Ford's doomed 'cuz all the Fusion and Edge sales are to FLEETS...neither one's ever HAD a retail sale!

Did I get to all the points? This way, the negatards don't have anything to add 'til next week!