Shelby GT500 SuperSnake Offical Release

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

corvettes are lame, a nice modded mustang looks soo much more badass than any vette wishes it could, i will use the vette as a ramp for my truck to catch some air

they have good specs but no badass mentality, more like hey i want a fast car, don't know anything about them, sales man: well then the corvette is just for you

corvettes are lame, a nice modded mustang looks soo much more badass than any vette wishes it could, i will use the vette as a ramp for my truck to catch some air

they have good specs but no badass mentality, more like hey i want a fast car, don't know anything about them, sales man: well then the corvette is just for you

In other words the vette is a faster more refined car...

It is hard to imagine why that would appeal to anyone...

So 600hp and a solid rear axle? I know the SRA is "preferred" for drag racing, but I can't imagine trying to hustle a 4000lb., 600hp Mustang around anything resembling a "curve".

But that's not really the point, is it? A great way for Ford to keep the Mustang halo shining bright.

Now, how about a Shelby tuned Fusion AWD?

Scott

In other words the vette is a faster more refined car...

It is hard to imagine why that would appeal to anyone...

EXACTLY

its a totally different car class

yet all those people like comparing it to a mustang which is a muscle car

the vette is not a muscle car :hysterical:

do not try and tell me it is

Hmm, with the 20s, I bet this one will be over 4000lbs and over $60k.

Give me a 436hp C6 please.

Sure, and you'll get tied to a tree by an old lady in a Super Snake..

And 20's don't add over 100lbs. You should know that..

Edited by Blueblood

The Mods suck. Mustangs suck. The Corvette Z06 will eat this alive. I have a mullet. I drive Camaros. You people are stupid. 700hp is nothing. The next Impala SS is getting 500hp. So There :P Shut up.

Richard is there a GT500 around Sioux Falls? The reason I ask is because last night when I was in the city with some of my friends, We were driving up the short street coming out of the mall to 41st and right across 41st (and across from Sioux Falls Ford) there was a GT500 sitting on the corner of the parking lot for the motel (I forget the name of it) and there were kids all around it. Looked like it was drawing a small crowd. Anyhow someone's rich daddy let them take it to the prom??? I know I would never let a teenager drive a GT500!!! I didn't notice if it had SD plates so maybe it was not even from here.

Is there just some master plan to add a new Mustang paint/HP/trim/Shelby/Hertz/Decal package every 6 weeks so that they can stay in the car magazines or something?

Well if that is the idea, then I would say it is a great plan. Much better then letting your products go stale. Keep introducing things and people will stay interested.

Edited by 2005Explorer

Richard is there a GT500 around Sioux Falls? The reason I ask is because last night when I was in the city with some of my friends, We were driving up the short street coming out of the mall to 41st and right across 41st (and across from Sioux Falls Ford) there was a GT500 sitting on the corner of the parking lot for the motel (I forget the name of it) and there were kids all around it. Looked like it was drawing a small crowd. Anyhow someone's rich daddy let them take it to the prom??? I know I would never let a teenager drive a GT500!!! I didn't notice if it had SD plates so maybe it was not even from here.

Well if that is the idea, then I would say it is a great plan. Much better then letting your products go stale. Keep introducing things and people will stay interested.

when you give out more different models, then people with those certain models feel they have a more unique car, and most people like feeling like their vehicle is one of a kind, more variety does that, and it seems to be working

Sure, and you'll get tied to a tree by an old lady in a Super Snake..

And 20's don't add over 100lbs. You should know that..

Well, Ford list the car 3920lbs. If we add about 25lbs for the wheels - that is 3945lbs...HEAVY. What makes it worse is that it's front heavy - around 57/43 weight distribution.

So 600hp and a solid rear axle? I know the SRA is "preferred" for drag racing, but I can't imagine trying to hustle a 4000lb., 600hp Mustang around anything resembling a "curve".

Not true. While the current mustang platform does have a solid rear axle, Ford had done a remarkable job on its suspension. It used a 3-link, and from what I understand it does quite a good job.

Think about this, the Mustang is quite heavy. The 5.4 is no small motor, and the body is quite 'porky'. However, a move to a IRS that is adequate at handling the kind of torque coming out a supercharged 5.4 is no small undertaking. It would add even more weight to the car. Not to mention, IRS vehicles can sometimes have bad wheel hop. The 03 Cobra had an IRS, and was notorious for wheel hop. The Viper also has an IRS...and bad wheel hop.

The 3 link in the Mustang does a good enough job locating the rear axle for predictive handling, while being strong enough to prevent wheel hop during heavy aacceleration. Its the best compromise for a vehicle that is suppose to be at home on a road course or a drag strip. While a true IRS would be better in terms of overall handling, it would not be good for a car designed for drag racing. The 3 link can hold its own in both areas, and its well on a 'muscle car' like the Mustang.

Take this into account as well: The three link suspension was also used in the Ford Racing FR500c race cars. And they did quite well on the circuit.

Well, Ford list the car 3920lbs. If we add about 25lbs for the wheels - that is 3945lbs...HEAVY. What makes it worse is that it's front heavy - around 57/43 weight distribution.

You guys are so obsessed with it's weight that you can't see anything past it, the Lamborghini Murcielago weighs more than 3600 lbs. The new Ferrari 599 Fiorano which makes 611 horsepower weighs 3722 lbs. and runs the quarter mile in 11.2 sec. at 129.3 mph. So it's heavy and it still haul's ass, I guess you think it's slow since it's heavier than a Vette :rolleyes: .

Yes I wish it had better weight distribution, but it's no worse than a Fox body, and there's millions of those running incredible quarter mile times and kicking ass on road courses.

This ZO6 driver must really be upset that a lowly "nose heavy" Mustang passed him on a road course.. :lol:

f2a42c97-9617-4e43-8fe7-985e00116b45.jpgClick here to see Video

That's what I said:

add a typical American driver and significant other and that jumps to 4700 pounds pulling up at McDonalds drive thru....get over the weight issues boys......., this is why an Integra with two Asian drivers can outgun a Shelby with two Americans...ahem! Maybe shes Porky but horsepower can and will over-ride that...one word...Bugatti.....

nvm.

Lincoln????? what is nvm ( nevermind ????) thats twice youv'e hit me with that, so its probably a dig or equivilent, I swear I think half of the thread posters are ex military, nvm, PIP, TT, GDTI, DSG, CVT ( I know that one ).....remember not all ( including my own ignorant self ) is 100% familiar with engineering like abbreviations..oh, and I have a DIP VCD, so my learnings are in different fields....

Edited by Deanh