Shelby GT500 SuperSnake Offical Release

XFD, what kind of a salesman are you... I'd certainly not buy any Lincolns from you. :stirpot:

I sell Fords...I need to survive...HAHAHAHAHAHA! hey until they bring out the MKR they are dead as a doornail Mks will help...but what they need is a car that makes people go WOW! not hey thats kinda nice........

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hysterical:

Now you see what the need to be first cost those who insist that 50k+ for a Mustang(thats right kids, according to Ford, most of the car is identical to a V6 rent-a-racer) was a great buy.

Hope that rectal wire brush doesn't hurt as much coming out as it did going in.

So instead of a decade old loyalty program run for the good of both Ford and its customers(SVT) we have 'Ol Shel screwing everybody he can every chance he gets. So those who have signed up for say an 07, or the first pkg. last spring, or the KR, or this one, can expect the next latest and greatest car to top theirs, if nothing else in markup over realistic.

So instead of a decade old loyalty program run for the good of both Ford and its customers(SVT) we have 'Ol Shel screwing everybody he can every chance he gets. So those who have signed up for say an 07, or the first pkg. last spring, or the KR, or this one, can expect the next latest and greatest car to top theirs, if nothing else in markup over realistic.

Well this certainly is looking at the world with rose-colored glasses. In part.

What would you say if Ford was doing this with SVT badging?

Certainly, you have no objection to the simple act of Ford SELLING 600+hp factory warranted Mustangs....

If, ten years ago, Ford had a chassis the equal of the S197; and if Ford, ten years ago, were getting warrantable 600hp figures from the Mod, you, I'm certain, would have no objection to an SVT Cobra selling for $60k. In fact, I'm certain you had no objection to the outlandish prices for the Cobra Rs, which weren't even (in their later editions) street legal.

So, why complain because there's a pair of skunk stripes on the hood? If it makes more money for Ford (and it is making more money for Ford), what grievance is that to you? If you could afford a $40k 600+hp Mustang, surely you can afford a $60k 600+hp Mustang--

Certainly, you have no objection to the simple act of Ford SELLING 600+hp factory warranted Mustangs....

If, ten years ago, Ford had a chassis the equal of the S197; and if Ford, ten years ago, were getting warrantable 600hp figures from the Mod, you, I'm certain, would have no objection to an SVT Cobra selling for $60k. In fact, I'm certain you had no objection to the outlandish prices for the Cobra Rs, which weren't even (in their later editions) street legal.

So, why complain because there's a pair of skunk stripes on the hood? If it makes more money for Ford (and it is making more money for Ford), what grievance is that to you? If you could afford a $40k 600+hp Mustang, surely you can afford a $60k 600+hp Mustang--

I hate it when I have to agree with Richard...

The only thing I can figure is that people get pissed when they can't afford the latest toy....

I would love for have a Ford GT, but I am not bashing Ford because I can't justify buying one....

Edited by sranger

Eh, I just don't see a normal SVT product commanding those prices, power or not. You HAVE to admit that the little "SHELBY" on the decklid is what's responsible for the outrageous dealer markups. My Cobra was around $26,000 ten years ago. Granted, it doesn't have nearly the performance of what the current top-end Mustangs do, but even the "390" HP 03-04 Cobras could be had for only a shade over 30 grand in some cases. The only SVT products that commanded any sort of premium were the VERY limited Cobra R models. I could see the sticker prices going pretty steep on an SVT-branded 500 or 600 HP Mustang, but I doubt we'd see ridiculous markups on them unless they only planned to build a couple hundred of them.

And before you start, I could afford one. I just really have no desire for one. I still think the entire S197 is too damn big, 600 HP or not...it lost some of its intimacy compared to the SN95's.

Eh, I just don't see a normal SVT product commanding those prices, power or not. You HAVE to admit that the little "SHELBY" on the decklid is what's responsible for the outrageous dealer markups. My Cobra was around $26,000 ten years ago. Granted, it doesn't have nearly the performance of what the current top-end Mustangs do, but even the "390" HP 03-04 Cobras could be had for only a shade over 30 grand in some cases. The only SVT products that commanded any sort of premium were the VERY limited Cobra R models. I could see the sticker prices going pretty steep on an SVT-branded 500 or 600 HP Mustang, but I doubt we'd see ridiculous markups on them unless they only planned to build a couple hundred of them.

And before you start, I could afford one. I just really have no desire for one. I still think the entire S197 is too damn big, 600 HP or not...it lost some of its intimacy compared to the SN95's.

I understand your argument, but $40k is not unreasonable. Right now, the mustang is the only performance vehicle Ford has in its lineup. The Shelby's represent the top models of the brand, so there is going to be a premium associated with them. It would be great to get into a GT500 for under $40K. But at the same time, it would be a bit crazy. Show me another vehicle from a rival

manufacture that puts out 500 horses and gets you in the $45-$47K range.

The problem with the Shelby's is dealer markup. Ford intentionally created an environment where demand is greater that supply, and its dealerships are making off like bandits on these things. I haven't been paying much attention now that the vehicle has been out for about a year now, but about this time last year people were playing upwards of $60K.

Dropping $60K on a $40K car is NOT COOL. Period. It doesn't matter that someone is willing to do it. Were not talking private seller, or auction here. This is dealer to customer. For a vehicle that Ford listed with an MSRP in the $40K range.

Now, the Mustang has always represented affordable performance. $40K is a bit of a stretch of the concept of affordability. But again, the GT500 represents the top dog of Mustangs. The problem is that there is nothing that is really between the Mustang GT, and the Shelby GT500. You can get a GT for about $27K or so. Thats darn affordable! But you also loose 200 horses in the process. The Shelby GT is not worth the investment. Performance wise, its a GT with the Ford Racing pack. Anyone can turn their stock GT into a Shelby GT (minus the visuals). And for what...19 more horses? Thats a far cry from 500.

What Ford needs is a MACH/Bullet Mustang that sits between the GT500 and the GT, and drops about 400 Horsepower or so. Thats right between the GT and the GT500. It should go for between $34k and $37K depending on options. Hell, they can even call it the Shelby GT350 for all I care. That would make the most sense. And that price point wouldn't break the bank of the average Mustang lover who is unwilling/unable to get into a $40K car, but still wants something better than the stock GT.

IMHO, here should be the real Mustang Lineup:

Mustang - (under $25K)

standard V6. Drop all the deluxe packages that are V6. There should be a coup and a convertible V6 and thats it.

Mustang GT - (under $28K)

Standard V8. Perhaps a 'premium' version with a slightly better interior and A/V goodies.

Shelby GT350 - (Under $38K)

Nice step up from a standard V8. 400 horsepower or so. Good entry point for a Shelby

Shelby GT500KR - (Under $49K)

Drop the GT500 and just sell the GT500KR. 40 more horses and a better looking hood.

SuperSnake - Shelby installed option. Limited availability, but power and brake options should be avaiable from local dealers (minus any visual upgrades)

I understand your argument, but $40k is not unreasonable. Right now, the mustang is the only performance vehicle Ford has in its lineup. The Shelby's represent the top models of the brand, so there is going to be a premium associated with them. It would be great to get into a GT500 for under $40K. But at the same time, it would be a bit crazy. Show me another vehicle from a rival

manufacture that puts out 500 horses and gets you in the $45-$47K range.

The problem with the Shelby's is dealer markup. Ford intentionally created an environment where demand is greater that supply, and its dealerships are making off like bandits on these things. I haven't been paying much attention now that the vehicle has been out for about a year now, but about this time last year people were playing upwards of $60K.

Dropping $60K on a $40K car is NOT COOL. Period. It doesn't matter that someone is willing to do it. Were not talking private seller, or auction here. This is dealer to customer. For a vehicle that Ford listed with an MSRP in the $40K range.

Now, the Mustang has always represented affordable performance. $40K is a bit of a stretch of the concept of affordability. But again, the GT500 represents the top dog of Mustangs. The problem is that there is nothing that is really between the Mustang GT, and the Shelby GT500. You can get a GT for about $27K or so. Thats darn affordable! But you also loose 200 horses in the process. The Shelby GT is not worth the investment. Performance wise, its a GT with the Ford Racing pack. Anyone can turn their stock GT into a Shelby GT (minus the visuals). And for what...19 more horses? Thats a far cry from 500.

What Ford needs is a MACH/Bullet Mustang that sits between the GT500 and the GT, and drops about 400 Horsepower or so. Thats right between the GT and the GT500. It should go for between $34k and $37K depending on options. Hell, they can even call it the Shelby GT350 for all I care. That would make the most sense. And that price point wouldn't break the bank of the average Mustang lover who is unwilling/unable to get into a $40K car, but still wants something better than the stock GT.

IMHO, here should be the real Mustang Lineup:

Mustang - (under $25K)

standard V6. Drop all the deluxe packages that are V6. There should be a coup and a convertible V6 and thats it.

Mustang GT - (under $28K)

Standard V8. Perhaps a 'premium' version with a slightly better interior and A/V goodies.

Shelby GT350 - (Under $38K)

Nice step up from a standard V8. 400 horsepower or so. Good entry point for a Shelby

Shelby GT500KR - (Under $49K)

Drop the GT500 and just sell the GT500KR. 40 more horses and a better looking hood.

SuperSnake - Shelby installed option. Limited availability, but power and brake options should be avaiable from local dealers (minus any visual upgrades)

I really have no issues at all with the MSRP's on any of the Mustangs. Like you mentioned, it's the markups that are absurd. Without the "Shelby" name printed on the backs of those cars, markups would likely be minimal. All of the Barrett-Jackson wannabes are thinking their 1 of 10,000 GT500 is going to be worth a fortune in 10 years. Hate to break it to them, but 10,000 units of anything isn't exactly rare, especially when people are going to be hoarding them left and right because of its perceived long-term value. The original GT500 sold in pretty decent quantity also, but nobody figured they'd be worth anything so most of them have long since rotted away.

I really have no issues at all with the MSRP's on any of the Mustangs. Like you mentioned, it's the markups that are absurd. Without the "Shelby" name printed on the backs of those cars, markups would likely be minimal. All of the Barrett-Jackson wannabes are thinking their 1 of 10,000 GT500 is going to be worth a fortune in 10 years. Hate to break it to them, but 10,000 units of anything isn't exactly rare, especially when people are going to be hoarding them left and right because of its perceived long-term value. The original GT500 sold in pretty decent quantity also, but nobody figured they'd be worth anything so most of them have long since rotted away.

First, I am not so sure that the GT500 will not quicky appreciate. Shelby is not etting any younger and the price of Gas is going to kill off High HP v8 engine in the near future. This may well be the last of the breed...

I also do not understand people bashing dealers for markups. For example: if you have a used car that was in high demand and the Kelly Blue book said it was worth say 20K, but you knew that people would pay 25K. Would you sell it at 20K just to me a nice guy????

First, I am not so sure that the GT500 will not quicky appreciate. Shelby is not etting any younger and the price of Gas is going to kill off High HP v8 engine in the near future. This may well be the last of the breed...

These cars MAY go up in value, but with everybody ASSUMING they will, there are going to be a LOT of them around when people look for one. That will drive the long-term value down. In either case, buying a new car as any sort of investment is ridiculous.

I also do not understand people bashing dealers for markups. For example: if you have a used car that was in high demand and the Kelly Blue book said it was worth say 20K, but you knew that people would pay 25K. Would you sell it at 20K just to me a nice guy????

If you knew people would pay 25K for it, KBB wouldn't be listing its value at 20K. I can't really BLAME the dealers for marking them up. It's their job to make money....and there are plenty of fools out there ready to part with their money. I just think a better value proposition from Ford would have been to not call them Shelbys in the first place. But that's just one man's opinion. The ones paying out the nose for an overpriced GT500 seem to disagree.

...I also do not understand people bashing dealers for markups. For example: if you have a used car that was in high demand and the Kelly Blue book said it was worth say 20K, but you knew that people would pay 25K. Would you sell it at 20K just to me a nice guy????

I guess you can say the same thing about gas prices huh? Its ok to bend the general public over if they are willing to do it...right? Dealers have a right to make money too...right?

Your analogy is flawed. The MSRP on a GT500 is just north of $45k. That is the manufactured suggested retail price. And as such, it already has a considerable markup built in. A dealer can sell ANY car at MSRP and make a profit. PROFIT. Were not talking about revenue here. Were talking profit. The dealer, at $45k, will make money on this car. Ford will make money on this car. Its built into the damn MSRP.

I went to Koons Ford in Baltimore (off Security Blvd and the I-695 beltway) today and they just happen to have a GT500 on the showroom floor. They also happen to have a Shelby GT on floor as well. The attachments are from my camera phone.

Koons Ford wants $64,500 for their Shelby GT500. They wanted north of $44,000 for their Shelby GT. Thats nearly 20 grand in markup the dealer is asking. $20K more for a car that cost $45K at MSRP. And that $45k has a profit built in. That puts the dealer making well over $20K dollars PROFIT on a vehicle!

The most expensive vehicle on the lot was an F-450 4x4 with all the bells and whistles. It was listed at north of $60K with no discounts. This Shelby cost more than the biggest consumer vehicle Ford makes period. By nearly $4000! The asking price of the ShelbyGT is only about a $1000 less than the MSRP for the GT500.

So let me get this straight. Its ok to pay a GT500 price for a Shelby GT? Its ok to drop more cash on a GT500 than a loaded F-450 4x4?

Dealers have a right to make money. But do they have a right to rip people off? If a used car KBB's for $20K, then that is what the industry estimates the value of the car at. That takes into consideration depreciation value. If you sell a car at KBB value, your not making any money. Your selling the car for what its worth and more or less breaking even. If you argue that you can get $25K for it, then your at a profit of $5k. Good for you! Dealers often sell cars for under MSRP. The MSRP of a vehicle has a profit margin built into it. Given that, a dealer can sell a car at MSRP and make a decent profit. A dealer can even sell a car for under MSRP and still make a profit. Heck, with rebates, a dealer can sell a car at invoice and still make a profit.

So your comparison of KBB vs selling a car for over MSRP is not valid, because KBB does not represent profit based estimates.

So when a dealer ask for over MSRP, the dealer is making even more money than what Ford said they should when they sell a car. Its called gouging..and its a very bad practice from dealers. Its speak bad for Ford, and for its reputations when they allow dealers to do this. I, for one, will NEVER buy a car from Koons Ford. What is more, because they practice ripping new customers off, there is no way for me tell if they do the same practice with used car customers, or service customers. So I won't do ANY business with Koons Ford again. A gouging dealer is not to be trusted...period.

Sad state indeed...

post-24816-1178125367_thumb.jpg

post-24816-1178125372_thumb.jpg

post-24816-1178125376_thumb.jpg

So when a dealer ask for over MSRP, the dealer is making even more money than what Ford said they should when they sell a car. Its called gouging..and its a very bad practice from dealers. Its speak bad for Ford, and for its reputations when they allow dealers to do this. I, for one, will NEVER buy a car from Koons Ford. What is more, because they practice ripping new customers off, there is no way for me tell if they do the same practice with used car customers, or service customers. So I won't do ANY business with Koons Ford again. A gouging dealer is not to be trusted...period.

I guess you will need to shop in another state. Every dealer in Maryland that has had a GT500 that I know of has sold it with significant markups. Bob Bell Ford (where I bought my Cobra) had several Saleens, Fooses, and Shelbys in their showroom, ALL of which had a markup of at least $5000.

As for Ford "not allowing" dealers to do it, they really have no choice. Are they going to revoke a dealer's license because they made money? Of course not. If people are going to pay it, let them pay it. I think they're foolish for doing so, and I sure wouldn't pay a markup for them, but that's just how it is.

As for Koons Ford, my brother bought his F-150 from them and was very pleased with the entire process. He paid near invoice for it, so it's not like they are gouging anybody. They are simply selling vehicles based on what consumers are going to pay for them. Isn't that how capitalism works?

The only part I blame Ford itself for is the things I mentioned above, with Ford almost ASKING dealers to mark these vehicles up by slapping the Shelby name on them and not building them in large enough quantities to keep the prices reasonable.

As for Ford "not allowing" dealers to do it, they really have no choice. Are they going to revoke a dealer's license because they made money? Of course not. If people are going to pay it, let them pay it. I think they're foolish for doing so, and I sure wouldn't pay a markup for them, but that's just how it is.

As for Koons Ford, my brother bought his F-150 from them and was very pleased with the entire process. He paid near invoice for it, so it's not like they are gouging anybody. They are simply selling vehicles based on what consumers are going to pay for them. Isn't that how capitalism works?

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I call marking up a vehicle by nearly $20,000 over MSRP gouging. If your brother got his F-150 from them, and he got a good deal then great! But that is no excuse for marking a car up...especially like this.

Ford created 300 of the 2000 Mustang Cobra R's. Thats a very limited number. And guys weren't forking out $45K for one...let alone $65k. For the $20K+ in profit Koons and other dealers are making off the cars, they will loose another $100,000 from customers like me who frown on this kind of business practice and take their business elsewhere.

Our ridiculous gas prices are also a resort of Capitalism. So was the Enron fiasco. Its nothing less than short citied greed. Make as much as you can, while you can. Its the same kind of ideology that has Ford loosing $12billion in the first place. Short citied greed that cost you in the long haul. Ford wanted to concentrate on lucrative truck and SUV sales. They let their car market go for the short gain of profits on the F-series trucks and the Explorer. Then the market shifted, and they were left looking stupid. Ford could have been addressing the issue long before, but they didn't have the foresight to think ahead. Now look at them! Koons could still make great profit on the GT500, even at MSRP. But they want to see just how much they can make...so they ask for $20K over. Never mind that they just lost a current and future customer in me. Right? Make the money while you can...and pay the piper later! Right?

No wonder Ford is #3, and if they keep this up, they will be heading for #4.

Edited by morgande

Ford created 300 of the 2000 Mustang Cobra R's. Thats a very limited number. And guys weren't forking out $45K for one...let alone $65k.

You're right. Many of the '00 Cobra R's were sold for WELL OVER $65,000. I believe the first one went for over $100,000. MSRP on the '00 Cobra R was around $54,000 if you don't recall.

Markups weren't new with the GT500. Ford just set the stage a lot more to make dealers greedy in the case of the Shelbys.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I call marking up a vehicle by nearly $20,000 over MSRP gouging. If your brother got his F-150 from them, and he got a good deal then great! But that is no excuse for marking a car up...especially like this.

Ford created 300 of the 2000 Mustang Cobra R's. Thats a very limited number. And guys weren't forking out $45K for one...let alone $65k. For the $20K+ in profit Koons and other dealers are making off the cars, they will loose another $100,000 from customers like me who frown on this kind of business practice and take their business elsewhere.

Our ridiculous gas prices are also a resort of Capitalism. So was the Enron fiasco. Its nothing less than short citied greed. Make as much as you can, while you can. Its the same kind of ideology that has Ford loosing $12billion in the first place. Short citied greed that cost you in the long haul. Ford wanted to concentrate on lucrative truck and SUV sales. They let their car market go for the short gain of profits on the F-series trucks and the Explorer. Then the market shifted, and they were left looking stupid. Ford could have been addressing the issue long before, but they didn't have the foresight to think ahead. Now look at them! Koons could still make great profit on the GT500, even at MSRP. But they want to see just how much they can make...so they ask for $20K over. Never mind that they just lost a current and future customer in me. Right? Make the money while you can...and pay the piper later! Right?

No wonder Ford is #3, and if they keep this up, they will be heading for #4.

As depressing as dealer markups might seem, they're perfectly fair and I support the dealer's right to do it. One dealer marks the GT500 up to $65,000, while another sells it to a loyal customer for $45,000. The loyal customer could turn right around and get $65,000 for the car on eBay or wherever. So, the car WILL be sold for $65,000 regardless of whether it's Ford, the dealer, or the customer who makes the profit. Like it's been said, it's Ford's fault for putting the Shelby name on it and not making enough to truly satisfy demand for a car that SVT, Shelby, and muscle car collectible enthusiasts all want. It's part of the territory of building desirable cars that people want.

If $65,000 is too much, then the dealer will have to drop the markup to a more realistic price, or they won't sell the car. I remember when the 2005 Mustangs first hit the lots, I was at a dealer looking at a torch-red loaded GT in the showroom, stickering for about $30,000 with a slight markup, maybe $1,500 or so. Sitting next to it was a gorgeous merlot 2004 Thunderbird with the tan interior package. Brand new car, marked down to $30,000 from an MSRP of around $42,000. I remember when the Thunderbird first hit the lots, the dealers were marking them up like they were going out of style, and look what happened. If gas goes through the roof, demand for these cars will slack off somewhat, and we'll get great deals.

I guess you can say the same thing about gas prices huh? Its ok to bend the general public over if they are willing to do it...right? Dealers have a right to make money too...right?

Your analogy is flawed. The MSRP on a GT500 is just north of $45k. That is the manufactured suggested retail price. And as such, it already has a considerable markup built in. A dealer can sell ANY car at MSRP and make a profit. PROFIT. Were not talking about revenue here. Were talking profit. The dealer, at $45k, will make money on this car. Ford will make money on this car. Its built into the damn MSRP.

I went to Koons Ford in Baltimore (off Security Blvd and the I-695 beltway) today and they just happen to have a GT500 on the showroom floor. They also happen to have a Shelby GT on floor as well. The attachments are from my camera phone.

Koons Ford wants $64,500 for their Shelby GT500. They wanted north of $44,000 for their Shelby GT. Thats nearly 20 grand in markup the dealer is asking. $20K more for a car that cost $45K at MSRP. And that $45k has a profit built in. That puts the dealer making well over $20K dollars PROFIT on a vehicle!

The most expensive vehicle on the lot was an F-450 4x4 with all the bells and whistles. It was listed at north of $60K with no discounts. This Shelby cost more than the biggest consumer vehicle Ford makes period. By nearly $4000! The asking price of the ShelbyGT is only about a $1000 less than the MSRP for the GT500.

So let me get this straight. Its ok to pay a GT500 price for a Shelby GT? Its ok to drop more cash on a GT500 than a loaded F-450 4x4?

Dealers have a right to make money. But do they have a right to rip people off? If a used car KBB's for $20K, then that is what the industry estimates the value of the car at. That takes into consideration depreciation value. If you sell a car at KBB value, your not making any money. Your selling the car for what its worth and more or less breaking even. If you argue that you can get $25K for it, then your at a profit of $5k. Good for you! Dealers often sell cars for under MSRP. The MSRP of a vehicle has a profit margin built into it. Given that, a dealer can sell a car at MSRP and make a decent profit. A dealer can even sell a car for under MSRP and still make a profit. Heck, with rebates, a dealer can sell a car at invoice and still make a profit.

So your comparison of KBB vs selling a car for over MSRP is not valid, because KBB does not represent profit based estimates.

Sad state indeed...

:banghead::banghead::banghead: please go to the dealer markup thread.......there is 3600 in markup between invoice and MSRP....and if you don't like it I understand, i don't agree with it either but offer a different take on why they do, and I CAN justify it, and to all the bleaters...four words....THEN DON"T BUY IT!......and stop with the damn ig norance about rebates...they are to the customer NOT the dealer, customer can either have it sent to him or use it as a down payment...KBB..you talking wholesale or retail book...they are guides, dealers take trades based on ACV, usually back of book with auctions as guides....and don't blame just Koons Ford...ALL dealers are doing the same ...AND all makes....if a car is a limited production get used to it..AND COMPLAIN! Like I said I don't agree with it ...but I DO UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS DONE... so get over it! it will not and is not going away....and don't compare with gas....one is desire one we require!

The biggest issue is that you can get similar performance from Ford Racing add-ons, but you won't get the warranty.

Which makes it kind of odd that, in the end, the only meaningful difference between a Shelby GT and a Mustang GT with bolt-ons is the warranty.

Sure one's got all the Shelby stuff on it, but that's only worth what someone's willing to pay for it.

The biggest issue is that you can get similar performance from Ford Racing add-ons, but you won't get the warranty.

Which makes it kind of odd that, in the end, the only meaningful difference between a Shelby GT and a Mustang GT with bolt-ons is the warranty.

Sure one's got all the Shelby stuff on it, but that's only worth what someone's willing to pay for it.

that combined with vanity and the "gotta have it" syndrome....personally i think the std Shelby is just a crock, as I have stated before...the GT is another story....we just sold a white w blue stripes with NAV of all things...sold before it hit...what he paid i have no idea, but 15-17500 over seems to be the # as of late...AND there is a waiting list...........

For you all complaining about the 2000 Cobra R vs the Shelby Models...your forgetting one major thing...you need a special race license or the like to buy the damn thing...that automatically disqualified 95% of the buyers...The Cobra R did make it out to the general population but not after becoming 2nd or 3rd hand cars.

have to excuse myself for getting fiesty on this subject, but let me draw a parrallell.....sell a house...one offer is 350k, someone REALLY wants the house...offers 375....then someone comes in at 400k....hmmm, would THAT make some of the amti- markup bleaters hypocritical...I don't even think so...I KNOW SO! prices are market driven upon items desired, 2000 handbags, 10 million dollar homes, 5000 boob jobs, 10k dining sets, botox blah blah blah....people pay STUPID money for things they desire NOT require....

For you all complaining about the 2000 Cobra R vs the Shelby Models...your forgetting one major thing...you need a special race license or the like to buy the damn thing...that automatically disqualified 95% of the buyers...The Cobra R did make it out to the general population but not after becoming 2nd or 3rd hand cars.

The SCCA license requirement was in place ONLY for the 1995 Cobra R. The 1993 and 2000 models did NOT require a valid SCCA license to purchase.

won't ever happen....supplies pizza for the office girls.....w extra cheese...... :hysterical::hysterical:

I've seen them office "girls" they could stand to lay off the cheese!

have to excuse myself for getting fiesty on this subject, but let me draw a parrallell.....sell a house...one offer is 350k, someone REALLY wants the house...offers 375....then someone comes in at 400k....hmmm, would THAT make some of the amti- markup bleaters hypocritical...I don't even think so...I KNOW SO! prices are market driven upon items desired, 2000 handbags, 10 million dollar homes, 5000 boob jobs, 10k dining sets, botox blah blah blah....people pay STUPID money for things they desire NOT require....

Same theory. Buy a concert ticket for $50.00, stand outside venue and scalp it for $200.00, get arrested!

Hmm,

I've seen them office "girls" they could stand to lay off the cheese!

Same theory. Buy a concert ticket for $50.00, stand outside venue and scalp it for $200.00, get arrested!

Hmm,

OR...buy it from ticket master or e-bay for 200..............LEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!! See you at Britney Spears Falc...LOL!

Edited by Deanh