Joe Hinrichs to visit Dearborn Tool & Die plnt. tomorrow 5/9

Joe Hinrichs showed up last week in cleveland and we all saw what happened...is DT&D next? To anyone from Cleveland casting....was this guy around a few weeks or so before the announcement? Seems any time Joe Hinrichs shows up, it's either total bad news or total good news...nothing in the middle...not feeling good about tomorrow.....

Doesn't DT&D have COA in full effect? I'm confident that Joe is just showing up for some "atta boys".

BTW, how many skilled on layoff at DT&D?

Cleveland casting had an MOA and COA in effect. So if your thoughts are these agreements are enough you are wrong. I understand that Hinrich was in Cleveland for 2 days. The bad news of the closing was officially given to the plant on Friday 5-4-07. These agreements are nothing more than empty promises that Ford and the Union use to get what they need until they decide your fate. Every plant that votes on these COA's had better know that they are not immune to the chopping block. We at CCP know this first hand :titanic: :titanic: :sos: Good luck to all the Ford employees out there.

Doesn't DT&D have COA in full effect? I'm confident that Joe is just showing up for some "atta boys".

BTW, how many skilled on layoff at DT&D?

We have approx. 20 or so in GEN but these people have been "loaned" back...right back to the job they were laid off from. They aren't eligible for overtime and they get paid from GEN money...I have to agree with 67STANG, we were probably the first to get the dreaded COA, the entire complex voted on it and it passed. That was last Oct. DT&D, and DTP voted it down but all plants in the complex count, so we live with it. Company is hearding us around to chase the hottest jobs, throwing us on different shifts...etc. There is no reason for Hinrichs to come to DT&D unless he wants to showcase us or announce a closing...he's to high up to be "just visiting" ...I'll grit my teeth and see what it was about when I show up this afternoon....will post after...

We have approx. 20 or so in GEN but these people have been "loaned" back...right back to the job they were laid off from. They aren't eligible for overtime and they get paid from GEN money...I have to agree with 67STANG, we were probably the first to get the dreaded COA, the entire complex voted on it and it passed. That was last Oct. DT&D, and DTP voted it down but all plants in the complex count, so we live with it. Company is hearding us around to chase the hottest jobs, throwing us on different shifts...etc. There is no reason for Hinrichs to come to DT&D unless he wants to showcase us or announce a closing...he's to high up to be "just visiting" ...I'll grit my teeth and see what it was about when I show up this afternoon....will post after...

The COA just as the No sympathy stike provision in our national agreement seem to be divide and conqer tactics. This is a battle they've been preparing for, for years. Another good one is the Company responsibility provision, It stops us from taking action against them moving operations out of the country! If we where to strike for these reasons's then they would have the legal right to fire us with no recoarse!

Edited by Furious1Auto

• 2 weeks later...

So......What happened Objectsinmirror??? Did he show? What did he say? Do you still work their? I work at the complex and haven't heard anything about his visit. You said you would post back. Give us the scoop haven't heard anything but bad news's :reading: in a while so pour it on.

The COA just as the No sympathy stike provision in our national agreement seem to be divide and conqer tactics. This is a battle they've been preparing for, for years. Another good one is the Company responsibility provision, It stops us from taking action against them moving operations out of the country! If we where to strike for these reasons's then they would have the legal right to fire us with no recoarse!

As I understand it, we may only strike on Health and Safety issues, nothing else. I'm not sure if thats true when the contract expires...maybe someone here knows and can tell me. Of course the union can always draw up some bullshit health and safety issues to validate a strike but....

Bottom line, I'm told by our local union president that the International in no way shape or form will approve a strike under any circumstances.

They apparently feel Ford may go bankrupt within 18 months anyway, and if we were to strike it would only force them into bankruptcy for sure and sooner rather than later. Then how would Mark Fields get to Florida on weekends and what would happen to Mullay's free house and 40 million clams...and who's to say Allan could get his old Lexus back under a favorable lease again? :hysterical:

I'm also convinced if we were to strike, the company would hire replacements immediately , hell there would be a line a mile long of people signing up to take our jobs for less, and probably a lot of ex Ford workers who took a buyout to boot .

That's what International Harvester did to the UAW....they fucking neutered them flat out.

But hell with all of this whipsawing bullshit going on, it's like our biggest enemies aren't Toyota or Honda, it's other Ford plants across the country and since the International allows it, there is zero chance for a strike, only a race for the bottom to see which local can get there first.

I mean American Airline pilots don't compete against each other...it's not like pilots in New York say " I can fly that route for X amount of dollars" and then pilots in Chicago say " Hey I can fly that route for less and with one less guy in the cockpit so fuck those New York guys " I mean what the fuck is up with that? Whipsawing has simply neutered the UAW.

Anyway, I just don't see a strike happening no matter what.

just this hillbillies opinion so what the fuck :happy feet:

Edited by Grey Goose

As I understand it, we may only strike on Health and Safety issues, nothing else. I'm not sure if thats true when the contract expires...maybe someone here knows and can tell me. Of course the union can always draw up some bullshit health and safety issues to validate a strike but....

Bottom line, I'm told by our local union president that the International in no way shape or form will approve a strike under any circumstances.

They apparently feel Ford may go bankrupt within 18 months anyway, and if we were to strike it would only force them into bankruptcy for sure and sooner rather than later. Then how would Mark Fields get to Florida on weekends and what would happen to Mullay's free house and 40 million clams...and who's to say Allan could get his old Lexus back under a favorable lease again? :hysterical:

I'm also convinced if we were to strike, the company would hire replacements immediately , hell there would be a line a mile long of people signing up to take our jobs for less, and probably a lot of ex Ford workers who took a buyout to boot .

That's what International Harvester did to the UAW....they fucking neutered them flat out.

But hell with all of this whipsawing bullshit going on, it's like our biggest enemies aren't Toyota or Honda, it's other Ford plants across the country and since the International allows it, there is zero chance for a strike, only a race for the bottom to see which local can get there first.

I mean American Airline pilots don't compete against each other...it's not like pilots in New York say " I can fly that route for X amount of dollars" and then pilots in Chicago say " Hey I can fly that route for less and with one less guy in the cockpit so fuck those New York guys " I mean what the fuck is up with that? Whipsawing has simply neutered the UAW.

Anyway, I just don't see a strike happening no matter what.

just this hillbillies opinion so what the fuck :happy feet:

We can strike over any unfair labor practice or health and safty issues during the contract. At contract time it could be because the companies unwhilingness to bargain in good faith. As for bankruptcy, try explaning to a judge that your holding $38,000,000,000 in liquid cash and you want him to grant you a bankruptcy!

Edited by Furious1Auto

We can strike over any unfair labor practice or health and safty issues during the contract. At contract time it could be because the companies unwhilingness to bargain in good faith. As for bankruptcy, try explaning to a judge that your holding $38,000,000,000 in liquid cash and you want him to grant you a bankruptcy!

Furious, we went through this one already. If this company deemed it to be in it's best interest to re-organize through a bankruptcy, they could very easily do so. Their liquid cash has nothing to do with it. As long as they have more debt, which they obviously do, there is nothing to stop this from happening other than to try and avoid the embarassment that it would bring. While none of us really knows all the ins and outs of why they haven't filed, or why they may in the future, rest assured it is certainly not because they have "too much cash", that's for sure.

I would guess that they have had Philadelphia lawyers wearing $500 shoes who have already figured out how to tell His Honor just that . " Your Honor" "We're broke and in order to move the company forward during these extraordinary times we seek this extraordinary bankruptcy protection to best protect all parties involved if it please the Court Your Honor " "The Ford Motor Company Your Honor is deeply mindfull of the immense impact of this action on its most valued employees and partners, still this is a necessary action in our attempts to move the Company forward Your Honor"

And so it goes.....

I would guess that they have had Philadelphia lawyers wearing $500 shoes who have already figured out how to tell His Honor just that . " Your Honor" "We're broke and in order to move the company forward during these extraordinary times we seek this extraordinary bankruptcy protection to best protect all parties involved if it please the Court Your Honor " "The Ford Motor Company Your Honor is deeply mindfull of the immense impact of this action on its most valued employees and partners, still this is a necessary action in our attempts to move the Company forward Your Honor"

And so it goes.....

Well said. Do you own a pair of those shoes? They just might need you.

Well said. Do you own a pair of those shoes? They just might need you.

Mark my words and go forward. They will not file bankrupcy. I'll bet that they report their 1st. profitable quarter after the contract is settled. maybe the first qaurter of 2008. They will site our consessions as the main contributing factor, posturing their selves for next contract. I'm not business stupid. My previous employer showed a loss his last five years operating to earn tax credits. The way he did it was when he saw a profit rather than pay tax on it he would buy something stating it was a needed business expense! I'll bet Ford and GM are doing something simular. No profits - no dividands to pay. No profits - no profit shareing to pay out. No profits - we can devalue our stock and buy our company back cheap! The only bad thing that's nearly impossable to fake is the marketshare loss. But that is directly affected by the cost of fuel. If the cost of fuel where to stabilize at $1.75 a gallon who the hell would buy ricers. America builds the best trucks. Fords got the best platform and GM's 5.7l is still a bad ass mother!

Edited by Furious1Auto

So......What happened Objectsinmirror??? Did he show? What did he say? Do you still work their? I work at the complex and haven't heard anything about his visit. You said you would post back. Give us the scoop haven't heard anything but bad news's :reading: in a while so pour it on.

The plant manager put out a memo thanking the "teams?" on how well they presented the building to Hinrichs and his entorage. Word from one supervisor who took part in the tour is Hinrichs was invited to come and visit months ago and finally found time to show up....He liked the plant and commented on how many great strides we've made in the past few years...Now I gave it about a week before posting just to see if the story changed in that time...Sorry guys, but our plant manager tends to change things on a dime, so I just wanted to give it time first...

Last night we were canvassed for a transfer to Wayne stamping ...working 7/12s... no way for me...we have alot of dies on the floor, too many for the shrunkin work force...so I see an outsorcing coming soon...we are on voluntary 10s + Saturday...That's all for now folks...I'll keep you posted

Plus $ 15-25 billion for FMC.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!