2008 Honda Accord

pcsario

Hmmm.....

That greenhouse is very 5 Series-esque, the rest of it firmly places it as one of the safer redesigns on the road today. I'd much rather prefer the Camry over it, as it appears that Toyota went out on more of a limb whereas Honda did what Honda does best.

I suppose I should have saw it coming, first the Civic now this. PASS!

The New civic and the CR-V are very very polarizing and went on a limb and showed they had balls whetheryou like the design or not, reading your post it is as if you are saying the civic didn't go on a limb with its design, though it is the most radical designed compact on sale in the US.

The New civic and the CR-V are very very polarizing and went on a limb and showed they had balls whetheryou like the design or not, reading your post it is as if you are saying the civic didn't go on a limb with its design, though it is the most radical designed compact on sale in the US.

Nope, not what I was getting at whatsoever......

The Civic was mentioned as yet another reason why I loathe Honda's recent design language. Not to group it in with the banal styling of the new Accord.

That said I will reserve final judgement until the wraps are finally pulled off.

BTW, kinda funny that those will be the base alloys for the Accord, while on the Ford they're the premium wheels.

I guess I dont get it. The base wheels on an Accord are steel with plastic hubcaps just like the base wheels on a Fusion. You make it sound like the base Accord gets 17 in Alloy wheels. And BTW, the premium wheel for the Fusion in the 08 guide is an 18 inch also.

08 Fusion Order guide

Looks like I may eat my words on this. I thought I read that the Sport Appearance package would get 18 inch wheels, but it doesnt look like it. At least I couldent find it. Dont know where I read it.

Edit:

Found it.

NEW PACKAGES AVAILABLE

Sport Appearance Package (14T)

Availability:

— Optional on SE and SEL (FWD only)

— Available only w/the following exterior colors:

Black, Silver Birch or Red Fire

— Available only w/Charcoal Black interior (DW)

— Available w/optional unique leather seats (incl. red

stitching and red seat inserts) (KW)

— NA w/optional rear spoiler

Includes:

— Smoked black chrome grille w/color-keyed fog

lamp bezels

18" aluminum wheels and tires w/black painted

pockets— Sport-tuned suspension

— Unique decklid "lip" spoiler

— Red cloth accents on seats, door trim and red

stitching on seats, steering wheel and center

console

— Optional leather seats with red leather seat inserts

and red stitching on seats, steering wheel and

center console

— Unique brushed-aluminum radio

Edited by falconman13

Correct me if I am wrong, I see two members being equally nasty to one another, yet only one being "called out"? And I am impartial either way, but why are both not being equally warned? :redcard:

Because it's RJ.

Do a search for "moron", "dumbass", "idiot", etc.

They'll never be banned, just check his banning record so far.

It's ok to make personal attacks and have a temper as long as you're one of the "good" guys.

Civic is radically designed, but sales are not all that great. The "old" Corolla outsells it handily.

Honda upped the prices substantially with this new-generation Civic. The EX sedan (with automatic, navigation system and satellite radio) is now $21,000+. The LX models are also more expensive.

People who bought one of the cheaper models a few years ago are coming back to trade and discovering that the $15,000 Civic sedan is a thing of the past. And even if they don't balk at the price, the styling is too "out there" for them.

Many head right on over to the Toyota dealer for a Corolla.

Honda has also been offering "Special Edition" Accord sedans that are not that much more expensive than a Civic EX sedan with automatic. A fair number of people figure that spending a bit more for a bigger (and more conservatively styled) car is a good deal.

As for this new Accord - I'm not liking the Altima "kink" in the rear door window, or the taillight treatment that reminds me of the late, unlamented Saturn L-Series.

Edited by grbeck

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's nice, and the 5 series comparison is pretty legit for the profile. Not as brave of a re-design as the civic, but an improvement. It will sell better than the current. I don't like how the headlamps bulge out. Same for the rears...

The current Ford Fusion design will stand the test of time more so than this one.

What they lack in style they'll make up with a great powertrain......You have to remember, most people do not focus primarily on the sheetmetal, rather powertrain, reliability, safety, word of mouth, resale value.....That's why the 'not so great looking' CRV is selling.

Definitely better than the current Camry, but I never get that excited about either. They always seem overpriced and not quite as comfortable as a comparable American brand car. I honestly can't see the love for the Camry. Its goofy-looking on the outside, while seemingly cold and bland on the inside.