2008 Honda Accord

pcsario

Speaking of things Fordish, The rims on the Motortrend spyshots look conspicuously like the Fusion 17 inch rims. Just goes to show that the Japanese don't have to lift a finger for innovation, they just wait for the Americans to do it for them.

Not true, if anything Ford NA is the one who just gets their ideas from others lately.

The Fusion's rims are hardly original too.

Just going from its launch backwards, first example that comes to mind is the 2005 Jetta:

http://www.alanhoyle.com/images/Jetta.1280.jpeg

BTW, kinda funny that those will be the base alloys for the Accord, while on the Ford they're the premium wheels.

Edited by pcsario

Not true, if anything Ford NA is the one who just gets their ideas from others lately.

The Fusion's rims are hardly original too.

Just going from its launch backwards, first example that comes to mind is the 2005 Jetta:

http://www.alanhoyle.com/images/Jetta.1280.jpeg

BTW, kinda funny that those will be the base alloys for the Accord, while on the Ford they're the premium wheels.

And exactly what crystal ball told you that those were "base" wheels on the accord?

Ah, love this site. It's like playing paint ball without a gun. Ya gotta duck and run, dodge and weave, with all the anti-ford shots flyin' around.

And exactly what crystal ball told you that those were "base" wheels on the accord?

Ah, love this site. It's like playing paint ball without a gun. Ya gotta duck and run, dodge and weave, with all the anti-ford shots flyin' around.

Are you blind? The source is right there, everyone who has posted these has called it the 4 cyl.

People who know have confirmed allow wheel sizes.

Premiums will be 18" and can be seen on the coupe.

These are 17".

Figure out the rest.

"Bububu crystal ball... no way what Ford considers premium wheels are the ones Honda uses as their base alloys"; I love the denial in this site too. :finger:

Not bad looking at all...not as boring as the current Camry...though I'm really curious as to what the 09 Fusion will look like..if it gets a healthy dose of the Interceptor styling cue, it will be the best looking Mid-size sedan on the market...but hey this is Ford we are talking about :P

Are you blind? The source is right there, everyone who has posted these has called it the 4 cyl.

People who know have confirmed allow wheel sizes.

Premiums will be 18" and can be seen on the coupe.

These are 17".

Figure out the rest.

"Bububu crystal ball... no way what Ford considers premium wheels are the ones Honda uses as their base alloys"; I love the denial in this site too. :finger:

Yep. Blinder than a bat. Who are these "people who know?" You non Ford fellers are a little testy when yer sources get questioned, huh? Hey, you attack Ford's on a Ford site, I have a right to call you out on it. Pure and simple, and you and the rest of the trolls better get used to it. I also have a right to call out any other non-Ford make on this site. You don't like it, you can go back to the honda board or whatever rock you crawled out from under. And don't give me the "finger" again. You wouldn't do that if we were face to face, I can 100% guarantee you. "Courage" at a keyboard won't get you far in this world, boy.

ROFL... you wouldn't say that either if you knew me personally son, come to my place anytime. Feel free to PM me to make an appointment, I guarantee you won't be "welcomed" by a keyboard.

Once again here's the stuff that's known: 17" and 18" alloy wheels. 4 cyl. model pictured.

Couldn't understand it? That's too bad. VTEC is also infested with insider info.

Another case of sheer denial being passed on as something else, yeah, thanks for the hicky speech Billy Bob.

BP pic removed.

Edited by pcsario

Speaking of things Fordish, The rims on the Motortrend spyshots look conspicuously like the Fusion 17 inch rims. Just goes to show that the Japanese don't have to lift a finger for innovation, they just wait for the Americans to do it for them.

If anything they let the germans do it for them not the americans.

Not bad looking at all...not as boring as the current Camry...though I'm really curious as to what the 09 Fusion will look like..if it gets a healthy dose of the Interceptor styling cue, it will be the best looking Mid-size sedan on the market...but hey this is Ford we are talking about :P

2009 is a refresh so I wouldn't expect much.

thanks for the hicky speech Billy Bob.

You're on thin ice PC. Real thin. Either acquire some self-control, or control will be imposed on you from other sources. Capiche?

Feel free to divert this subject off topic by commenting on this warning. I have said all I'm going to say on the subject. Consider yourself warned, and either back off or deal with the consequences.

You're on thin ice PC. Real thin. Either acquire some self-control, or control will be imposed on you from other sources. Capiche?

Feel free to divert this subject off topic by commenting on this warning. I have said all I'm going to say on the subject. Consider yourself warned, and either back off or deal with the consequences.

Correct me if I am wrong, I see two members being equally nasty to one another, yet only one being "called out"? And I am impartial either way, but why are both not being equally warned? :redcard:

Now to stray back ON topic, it doesn't matter if Honda put 14 inch wheels back on the almighty Accord, they'll still sell more anyway, and by no fault of Fords.

Edited by Armada Master

Anyway, having now seen the final version of the car, I have to say I'm not so impressed. It's not bad, but there's just something about it that I don't quite like. It's kind of generic. That's not to say the Fusion is better or anything. I'd say they are about equal from a visual standpoint.

I'm expecting a new front and rear end clips...no changes to the green house though...

Ford doesn't even invest in changes to the greenhouse after a car has been on the market for 8 years(focus). IMO what needs to happen in the refresh is a new interior, it siply isn't competitive and has a terribly boring cheap designto it, of course it is opinion. The front end I see as aging fine so I'd rather get a new interior and new rear tailight fixtures, if they have a little more $$ to spend on the MCE then maybe a little sheetmetal changes in the rear and front to keep it aging well. Ultimately though, the interior should be priority, I was pretty dissapointed that the Taurus didn't get a new interior, it was needed.

Interesting, so the accord is going to grow, and get a bigger engine? Well, that leads me to one conclusion, they certainly aren't going to be improving their mpg numbers much with this update. The 3.5L is a rather efficient engine as it currently stands, but, it does use more than the 3.0L that the accord currently has. DOD has been in the Pilot and Odyssey for years, so, its almost a certainty for the Accord to be able to keep its good highway numbers. I'm most interested in what they are doing to the 2.4L I4 and what kind of numbers its going to generate.

As for the looks, I find it wholely agreeable. It doesn't excite me, but, it is completely inoffensive as well.

Hmmm.....

That greenhouse is very 5 Series-esque, the rest of it firmly places it as one of the safer redesigns on the road today. I'd much rather prefer the Camry over it, as it appears that Toyota went out on more of a limb whereas Honda did what Honda does best.

I suppose I should have saw it coming, first the Civic now this. PASS!