Adrenaline Spied???

igor

you are not going to keep your foot out of it if you bought it for performance!!

Well your going to beat the snot out of it when you first get it, but once you have it for awhile, you only get on it once in a while...I know this how I am with my Mustang...

That's true, a turbocharged V6 pickup could never be "perceived" as a performance vehicle...

aau.jpg

If this is an SVT Sport Trac and if it has around 400 HP (whether it's a 6.2 NA V8, Supercharged 4.6 V8 or a TT 3.5 V6), I WILL buy it. The cancelled Adrenalin was supposed to be my next new car. Hopefully Ford doesn't let me down again.

That trucks half the size of a st. If they were building an awd 3.5TT ranger sure.....

That trucks half the size of a st. If they were building an awd 3.5TT ranger sure.....

I don't get where your saying the Ranger is small...the old man has a Super Cab Ranger and my mom has an 02 Explorer...they are nearly the same size...not to mention 2 door cabs on small trucks suck...if your over 5'10 you can't fit into them

The Syclone weighed 3850 pounds and was rated at 280HP. An AWD 3.5TT SportTrac will probably weigh around 4500 pounds and be rated around 400HP. I think it will do just fine...

If this indeed an Adrenalin, I may be back on the shoppers list. I'm a bit disappointed in the word of a TT 3.5 over a blown 4.6 DOHC though. Hopefully it won't be enough to turn me off of it though. I have some sort of sick fascination with DOHC MOD motors. :hysterical:

dissapointed???????????? hell, bring it on....as much if not more performance, potentially far better fuel efficiency, perhaps? better weight distribution...yehah!

dissapointed???????????? hell, bring it on....as much if not more performance, potentially far better fuel efficiency, perhaps? better weight distribution...yehah!

Like I said....sick fascination with MODs.

Plus as was mentioned in another thread concerning the Mustang...there's just something about a V8.

Like I said....sick fascination with MODs.

Plus as was mentioned in another thread concerning the Mustang...there's just something about a V8.

Agreed on the Mustang...MUST have a V8.......that car shouldn't be changed just for change sake......

Im not sure where this misterious "better fuel efficiency" argument is coming from......maybe if you stay out boost the entire time which will show up on the window sticker but...who drives like that?

NO car v4/ v6/ v8/ gets close to it's mileage rating when your foots in it...your point? At regular highway speeds ( 130mph here...ahem ) the TT would be a very efficient smaller displacement fuel sipper and probably "cleaner".....

Edited by Deanh

NO car v4/ v6/ v8/ gets close to it's mileage rating when your foots in it...your point? At regular highway speeds ( 130mph here...ahem ) the TT would be a very efficient smaller displacement fuel sipper and probably "cleaner".....

the thing is that a TT will provide a lot of "displacement on demand" - when you are accelerating the turbos can add a lot of pressure and power making the engine feel powerful (and it will be thirsty at that moment) - however when you are cruising, the turbos are not working as hard and you are running on a plain Jane 3.5l V6 with DI - or actually a bit better, because you have more torque and HP making the engine capable of cruising around at lower RPM's ... saving even more gas.

Forced induction is Cylinder Deactivation upside-down .. well actually it is the ORIGINAL displacement on demand.

Igor

That all depends on gearing and tuning.

<---drives a TT V6

My car will get anywhere from 8 to 28mpg depending on how Im driving it....BUT audi chose to gear the car so it isnt sitting at 1500rpms at 65mph. Its still essentially sitting in its powerband. Id probably get in the mid 30's if the RPM's dropped down but the car wouldnt go anywhere if I hit the throttle.

Im still trying to figure out what turbo's they are using on this thing.

Edited by one2gamble

well they better advertise its power more than its cylinders, they better tell everyone that they got 400hp and 400tq out of a V6 on factory tune with TT, has there been any one else that has come out with a TT V6 with that much power?

but why i want to know is if it is getting a good amount of low end tq, and where does the engine reach 400hp and 400tq?

well they better advertise its power more than its cylinders, they better tell everyone that they got 400hp and 400tq out of a V6 on factory tune with TT, has there been any one else that has come out with a TT V6 with that much power?

but why i want to know is if it is getting a good amount of low end tq, and where does the engine reach 400hp and 400tq?

personally i don't think they would release a vehicle like this ( of course we are all speculating here aren't we? ) unless they have bragging rights and a product that allows them to toot their own horn.....

personally i don't think they would release a vehicle like this ( of course we are all speculating here aren't we? ) unless they have bragging rights and a product that allows them to toot their own horn.....

like i said before, i really don't think it is the adrenaline, but i hope im wrong, or i hope they come out with a new lightning instead(that is faster than the one before)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...