Adrenaline Spied???

igor

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-explorer-...rac-future.html

http://jalopnik.com/cars/trac-and-field/sp...hing-267176.php

http://news.windingroad.com/body-stylesmar...rer-sport-trac/

A mule of a camoed up Ford Explorer Sport Track was spied testing - sporting a mesh grille, rerouted exhaust and coverred up bumpers front and back. However, fo some reason ,the only option mentioned by the outlets above is - FACELIFTED sport track.

This ignores the fact that Sport Track DEBUTED as 2007 Model (yup. it is in its first year)

It also ignores that fact that the new grille is straight lifted from an exciting concept from a while back:

ford-sport-trac-adrenalin-23.jpg

svt-adrenaline-sport-trac-20050324115319377.jpg

The media can say whatever they want - SVT has been hinting a 2008 Debut of a Truck .. and while we have never been sure whether it would be the ST Adrenaline, a Lightning on the new F150, or a version of the rumored new Ranger that would also debut next year -we knew one of them would get the SVT treatment.

And I believe - we are looking at that trucks.

PS: If this is the Adrenaline - expect the TwinForce 3.5l v6 under the hood with about 400hp/400ft.lbs of torque.

Igor

Edited by igor

Man I loved that truck............maybe down the road?

SVT hinted several times that they will have a new Truck out next year ... no one was just sure wich one .. the Adrenaline, a Lightning on the new F150, or Adrenaline on the new small truck also rumored for next year...

Igor

SVT hinted several times that they will have a new Truck out next year ... no one was just sure wich one .. the Adrenaline, a Lightning on the new F150, or Adrenaline on the new small truck also rumored for next year...

Igor

i certainly hope so....I think ultimately an SVT model in each lineup would be awesome...along the BMW M line and Audi s series....imagine an SVT Flex quad captains ...the 3.7 TT etc etc........lol!

i certainly hope so....I think ultimately an SVT model in each lineup would be awesome...along the BMW M line and Audi s series....imagine an SVT Flex quad captains ...the 3.7 TT etc etc........lol!
I do not agree actually - I think SVT should focus on a couple extremely high performance models ... with well unique power trains, stiffened chassis, and performance options.

have a SINGLE truck, a mustang and then some cars (anything RWD, a Fusion and Focus or Fiesta).. I do not think there should be ANY SVT SUV (incl Edge or Flex).

I Think, however that each model should have a Sport (let's call it ST) model that provides a little more oomph, a little stiffer suspension, bigger wheels and some nice interior and exterior bits - bu truly lets make the ST version a "sporty" trim of the car, while the SVT model is a hard core performance vehicle.

That is how I would like to see it.

Igor

I do not agree actually - I think SVT should focus on a couple extremely high performance models ... with well unique power trains, stiffened chassis, and performance options.

have a SINGLE truck, a mustang and then some cars (anything RWD, a Fusion and Focus or Fiesta).. I do not think there should be ANY SVT SUV (incl Edge or Flex).

I Think, however that each model should have a Sport (let's call it ST) model that provides a little more oomph, a little stiffer suspension, bigger wheels and some nice interior and exterior bits - bu truly lets make the ST version a "sporty" trim of the car, while the SVT model is a hard core performance vehicle.

Igor

wishlist all with performance engines and suspensions/ trannies....AWD Focus, AWD Fusion, Adrennalin, F150....ALL 2 DOORS...agreed on the Edge...but that flex could be kinda cool..........probably be a sales flop though

Igor

I have to agree on that one. I can afford a ST varient not a SVT and make the ST have the 'Sport' not just a look. For those who can afford it, give them the SVT. If customers don't know the difference, the dealer has to explain it, that's their job.

If you want a Edge or Flex, I'd look at a ST but Sport and SUV/CUV in the same sentence makes me chuckle. I'd have to see a concept before rendering judgment.

Edited by Hugh

I have to agree on that one. I can afford a ST varient not a SVT and make the ST have the 'Sport' not just a look. For those who can afford it, give them the SVT. If customers don't know the difference, the dealer has to explain it, that's their job.

If you want a Edge or Flex, I'd look at a ST but Sport and SUV/CUV in the same sentence makes me chuckle. I'd have to see a concept before rendering judgment.

two words to back it up Porsche Cayenne....................

PS: If this is the Adrenaline - expect the TwinForce 3.5l v6 under the hood with about 400hp/400ft.lbs of torque.

Igor

well i would want a F-150 SVT more than a Sport Trac(hence my name) but right now...anything that is fast will do, but i would like it to be a V8, i think there would be more room for improvment on a V8 in it, but most importantly if you look at some of those pictures...its a 4x4...i don't think the adrenaline will be a 4x4

well i would want a F-150 SVT more than a Sport Trac(hence my name) but right now...anything that is fast will do, but i would like it to be a V8, i think there would be more room for improvment on a V8 in it, but most importantly if you look at some of those pictures...its a 4x4...i don't think the adrenaline will be a 4x4

the concept was 4WD with Supercharged 4.6l V8 .... the latest rumors indicate that only the engine changed to the TF D35 ... everything else stayed.

Igor

The engine change will be only benificial in my eyes. I can't imagine a world where the TT D35 doesn't weigh less than the blown 4.6L v8 that was originally there. That reduced weight should make it more maneuverable and improve its overall performance. And, as for there not being much room for improvement in the factory setup, I have news for you. There have been many factory turboed cars that saw significant gains in the aftermarket for them.

This is clearly a modified Sport Trac. I'm sure most of us have heard rumor that the next Ranger is to be based on the Sport Trac chassis. Fomoco News and the Motortrend Ranger thread here have some pretty good shots of it. I wonder if this gussied up Sport Trac is part of some big introduction of Fords new compact pickup? Not that the Sport Trac really qualifies as one, but in it's other varitions you see. They bring it out as an "Oh and look what we cooked up." to gin up interest and get attention. It's a sweet looking truck to be sure. I like it.

If it is to be based on the Sport Trac (Explorer) platform, I don't see it as being profittable. Not to mention that the next Explorer is moving to another platform, so again, it'll be an orphan vehicle that shares nothing with anything else and will have a limited lifespan from the get-go.

the concept was 4WD with Supercharged 4.6l V8 .... the latest rumors indicate that only the engine changed to the TF D35 ... everything else stayed.

Igor

do not mean to argue, but yeah i know what you mean, AWD, not 4x4, i have 4x4 in my truck, but my dads friend has AWD in his Harley, there is a difference, and unless they just have a 4x4 badge on a AWD truck then it is not it,could be testing and such

P.S. i am not trying to be negative, i would like to see SVT more than having a threesome with two hot chicks(well i will think about that) but i do not see it as being the adrenaline, i hope im wrong, i really do, but like some one said, the explorer is moving to a new platform, maybe this is it, or maybe a sport version, but like i said, i hope ford proves me wrong

Edited by Ford-150

The engine change will be only benificial in my eyes. I can't imagine a world where the TT D35 doesn't weigh less than the blown 4.6L v8 that was originally there. That reduced weight should make it more maneuverable and improve its overall performance. And, as for there not being much room for improvement in the factory setup, I have news for you. There have been many factory turboed cars that saw significant gains in the aftermarket for them.

i have news for you, i never said there would be not much room for improvement in the D35 TT, i meant that there would be more aftermarket improvement and availability(at this moment) on the 4.6L because it shares it from one of the biggest aftermarket whore, the mustang (i mean that in a good way) i know it will weigh more, and i do like turbos better than supers becuase they are just better in the power, besides from the fact that the supercharger will get you off the line faster

but hey who knows i could be wrong

If it is to be based on the Sport Trac (Explorer) platform, I don't see it as being profittable. Not to mention that the next Explorer is moving to another platform, so again, it'll be an orphan vehicle that shares nothing with anything else and will have a limited lifespan from the get-go.

Well can think of it this way...if the Sport Trac and Ranger share the same platform, theres a good business case for about 200K units right there...and people would quit bitching about the lack of a 4 door ranger ;)

True, I understand that, but I'm looking more at the economies of the actual platform. When Ford transformed Volvo's P2 platform for Taurus replacement, they couldn't place it, or price it at the previous Taurus level because they took an expensive platform, and tried to place it at a price level that wouldn't make it work. The same with the DEW...an expensive platform of a higher up model, brought down at a lower price...case in point, they weren't very profittable.

The reverse thinking which has worked has been, take a cheap platform of something lower, and raise it at level that spins off more expensive variants. As in C1 (Euro Focus....up to Volvo S40) levels. Take a Euro Mondeo, raise it to Volvo S80 usage.

As for the Sport Trac idea, we are taking something high again, and lowering it. Which is why I don't believe that might be as beneficial financially. If they do, it'll most probably have to sell at a higher price, therefore Fords worry that it'll eat into F-150 sales.

Most probably a donor platform from the Asian "Courier" version might work, or just simply importing that truck and not care about the 25% tarriff if financially it's viable to them and actually makes a profit anyways. Or just tweak what they currently have and focus more on drivetrains and overall improvements.

Whatever their goal my be, I sense a bit of a half-assed effort because they have let this vehicle languish this long. I doubt they'll come out with something that will blow off the competition because already they are proving to me that it's not important at this time, or past 10 years for that matter. And with all the other fires Ford is putting out, that is understandable...those who know the vehicle have been loyal, received great reliability ratings, and the lowest entry price of any other truck...therefore Ford isn't making it a priority at this time.

The TT3.5 doesn't jive with this model. It wont do well unless it used the blown 4.6. It has nothing to do with performance and everything to do with perception.

That's true, a turbocharged V6 pickup could never be "perceived" as a performance vehicle...

aau.jpg

If this is an SVT Sport Trac and if it has around 400 HP (whether it's a 6.2 NA V8, Supercharged 4.6 V8 or a TT 3.5 V6), I WILL buy it. The cancelled Adrenalin was supposed to be my next new car. Hopefully Ford doesn't let me down again.

The TT3.5 doesnt jive with this model. It wont do well unless it used the blown 4.6. It has nothing to do with performance and everything to do with perception.

I would say that when you use the words twin turbo, people usually think performance...regardless of vehicle....

True, I understand that, but I'm looking more at the economies of the actual platform. When Ford transformed Volvo's P2 platform for Taurus replacement, they couldn't place it, or price it at the previous Taurus level because they took an expensive platform, and tried to place it at a price level that wouldn't make it work. The same with the DEW...an expensive platform of a higher up model, brought down at a lower price...case in point, they weren't very profittable.

Well the 500/Taurus was always supposed to be a more expensive car then the Fusion/Contour (occupying the high end of the old Taurus market...a car that was too big for a C/D segment but was priced like one)...thats part of the reason the Contour did so bad...it was priced too closely the Taraus and was too small in the back seat. It looks like Ford has its pricing and cars all in place correctly with the Focus/Fusion and Taurus, though I'm very interested to see if the upcoming Taurus screws up the Fusion sales at all..