Next Ranger

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh, I don't really like it. I prefer my 05, thanks.

Exactly. I plan on getting a Ranger in a few months and I'd be less excited if the Thai version is what Ford was selling instead of the current version. I think the styling is actually more bland and less attractive than what we already have. I think if Ford would redo the interior of the Ranger it would help some, the damn thing hasn't changed a bit.

• 3 months later...

Gawd, man. If Ford took everything you guys design, Ford would be the leader no matter what! They should hire some of you guys... See, here is what I think of it: Ford redisigns the Ranger to what you guys came up with, replace the Sport Trac with a "F-100" and give it a look like a cross between the F-150 and Ranger, add a F-250 Super Chief with a different look (more like the F-series), re-introduce a F-150 Lightning with a more reliable and faster engine, redisign the Crown Victoria to resemble the 425 or whatever it was with a few differences, make some changes with the Five Huhndred in keeping with the "Bold Move" and make changes to the E-series AND with the E-series, make a model E-150 based and name it "Econoline" with round headlights, a bold grill, round 3-pair vertical tail-lights and make a colorful interior and built in neons in the cargo area and lava lamps in the middle and third row, serious retro-style Econoline. Remember the days when vans were in? Remember the Ram Van, Chevy Vans, Vanduras and Econolines? Of course, Ford's van was best and is the only one still standing. But, studys have shown, retro rocks. Ford needs RETRO and BOLD! Oh ya, do major changes to Mercury. Make Mercury sorta like a entry-level, offordable company (like GM's Saturn) and make their cars fun and non-serious.

If anyone, anyone at all can find a way to recreate a hip-Econoline, pleasesend pictures.

• 3 weeks later...
rtracvtacoma5vp.jpg

how about adding the step up lights ford seems to be using now to this chop.

Expedition-headlight-resized.jpg

Minus the tacky looking plastic foglamp insert thingy Ford has going with that truck, and the side-step lights,.... wow, that would be one cool Ranger!!! Oh, and if the Ranger's grill didn't come out so much, a more squared off look, this thing would restore all that has been lost over the years!!!

Edited by KaliRover

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The very first one you did was the best one. You listened to the peanut gallery here and ended up just making it into a standard fare Ford ranger. The bed rails were a great touch, so was the bed mounted light bar because it gave some symmetry into the way the cab meets the bed. This seems to be the problem at Ford in recent years. They tone down a vehicle to the point of narcoleptic boredom.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The small truck segment was one that Ford used to dominate, the Ranger was a top-seller until 05 when it dropped down to #3 behind the Tacoma and Colorado. They don't need to pull out of it, just update the dang thing!

I agree!!!! I kinda like the Ranger, so I hope that they don't really discontinue it!

• 4 months later...

Guys, that's the same truck we have but with different front facia and sheet metal on the bed. Don't be fooled.

The reason it looks "big" as one poster suggested is because Thai people are small.

Don't we think any "next" Ranger would look something like the F-150 we have now? That red truck that keeps getting photoshop attention looks like a Tacoma. Good work on it though.