Next Ranger

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get rid of the "Ridgeline like" light bar if you can.

Amen (IMO, the fake cab extenders are second only to running boards on a truck for the Ugly factor).

Personally, I like a bumper that looks like one (instead of blended in look that Ford used) or perhaps a safari bar.

You need to change the kick-up in the bottom corner of the rear door glass. It looks too similar to the design on the current Tacoma. Not thrilled about the bed rails either. Overall look just doesn't look "daring" enough I guess. Of course, it's hard to get daring in the profile view of a truck. Perhaps you could work on some front and rear 3/4 angle views where most of the character lines on a pickup are found.

• 1 month later...

That would be really damned stupid of them, the Ranger has a very loyal following, and with gas prices never returning to the low levels we were used to I expect the compact truck market to increase.

If Ford just redesigned the damn thing the sales would follow. I see nothing has changed, they are going to let all their vehicles die a slow painful death. Ranger, Econoline, Panthers, Focus, etc. You'd think they'd have figured out by now that the way to keep sales and also to increase them is to update the cars every few years.

Even vehicles like the Expedition which are getting a redesign for 07 will look pretty much exactly like the old one and will be saddled with the anemic 5.4 at the same time it's gaining more weight! Passing power does sell cars and trucks, and the GM trucks definitely have passing power. The vast majority of people don't use them to tow anything anyways, so astronomical tow ratings don't matter much..

Ford is absolutely clueless, nothigs changed since Nasser left, I can't believe so many people thought he was the problem, it's the mediocre group-think at Ford which is the problem.

Sorry for the rant..