2008 Mazda6 pictures!!!

igor

Show us the pics of the new Fuson interior since you know so much about it. And if you can't, try waiting until its shown. You are good at condemning Ford products before Ford even has chance to show them. Mazda does nice interior work, but it's not that great and I for one am tired of the red lighting ala Pontiac Grand Prix. Cobalt blue will do fine by me.

About the only place I'd say my '04 Mazda6 interior is superior to the Fusion is the center stack. No brick. But other than that, the material quality seems pretty much identical.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Igor, IIRC, the '09 patch job for the Fusion will make use of the FuckUs switchgear.

It won't look as good as this Mazda or the Mondeo.

Just keeping it real, that's all.

unless you saw it on the inside, there has not been a single indication of the new interior design or whether the switchgear in use will be the Focus/Escape gear or the Flex gear - we simply do not know yet, since there is no full prototype running out there yet - Ford is keeping them in the house.

PS: the Escape gear is actually very very good - it does not LOOK that well, but it feel better than many other switchgear including Honda CR-V and others.

Igor

I personally love it. I can see though where some say it has a Camry look to it...maybe in the headlights I can see that being true, but whereas the Camry it was softer edged, these are severe creases..and the Camry more of a cresent moon bow to the grill, whereas again this one is edgier. Trust me, Mazda would never look at a Toyota for styling inspiration.

I like the interior as well, my only concern is some of the buttons for the stereo/Navi system are on this "silver" trim piece. Is it real aluminum, or painted silver. Not sure how that'll hold up long term, although most people (at least for myself) use the steering wheel buttons instead. And the area below the A/C buttons, kinda have some blocky switches for the seat warmers, which seem out of place in a recessed binnacle for no odd reason. But no biggy.

Looks very promising...whats under the Hood ?

unless you saw it on the inside, there has not been a single indication of the new interior design or whether the switchgear in use will be the Focus/Escape gear or the Flex gear - we simply do not know yet, since there is no full prototype running out there yet - Ford is keeping them in the house.

PS: the Escape gear is actually very very good - it does not LOOK that well, but it feel better than many other switchgear including Honda CR-V and others.

Igor

You can tell Ford made the switch gear on the new Escape very utilitarian looking to fit in with Escape's truck like image. The Escape is meant to be a do anything vehicle from gardening to driving to fancy restaurant. I'm sure the new swithch gear on Fusion will have different look and feel to it fitting in with theme Ford is trying to convey. I'll tell you though...many on here are putting way to much attention onto something as mundane as switchgear. I don't know that Ford leads the pack on great interiors,but overall I think they do OK and not a problem for most. I look at the new Chrysler models and not at all impressed except for maybe Pacifica. GM has a little better switchgear, but other than that nothing to blow you away. The Japanese like to use those giant home stereo like switchgear, still there is a mass of plastic in front of you for most of dashboard. So much more to vehicle than swithgear and the fixation with it.

I like the interior as well, my only concern is some of the buttons for the stereo/Navi system are on this "silver" trim piece. Is it real aluminum, or painted silver. Not sure how that'll hold up long term,

If the material is similar to what's in the Mazda6 now, it should hold up fine. The silverish dash in my Mazda6 is plastic, but at least on the center stack area it has held up fine without scratching or fading (the plastic on the center console toward the shifter is another matter altogether). It shows dirt relatively quickly, but it has held up well in mine so far.

Jesus PC....does ANYTHING positive ever come from your keyboard, are you still rooming with Tommy and Mark Gatz?............Igor, the car looks fantastic...I hear the sound of the cash registers at the Mazda dealerships and the scurrying of the Honda designers to the exit doors.....Mazda is on a roll lately...maybe Ford should canabalize their design staff temporarily....

It looks awesome except for those red gauges. I've always disliked red gauges...

I don't mind the gauges, but how do you change the headlight bulb?

(Whenever I look at a vehicle, I try to assess the "user-friendliness" in performing minor repairs, such as replacing a bulb or fuse, or even changing the oil)

Edited by RangerM

Beautiful! They all look very upmarket, almost European. The wagon is especially clean and reminds me of an Audi for some reason, which is a good thing. Definitely no Camry vision here.

The interior.... meh. I neither love nor hate it. I do note the red gauges with blue surround looks kind of clashy and I wonder how that would wear on someone during long night drives. I can't decide if I like that or not.

I'd definitely put the wagon on my list... or even that 5-door hatch. Great stuff.

I don't mind the gauges, but how do you change the headlight bulb?

(Whenever I look at a vehicle, I try to assess the "user-friendliness" in performing minor repairs, such as replacing a bulb or fuse, or even changing the oil)

If it's anything like the current one -- NOT VERY EASILY!!! Unless you have hands the size of a mouse's paws, you need to remove the airbox or the washer fluid reservoir to easily change the bulbs on the current Mazda6.

And personally -- I love the red gauges in the current one. The only red I dislike is the abundance of it on the center stack also....all the button backlighting and the rings around the HVAC controls is a bit much.

Edited by NickF1011

http://www.fomoconews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1218

Total of about 20 pictures half of them HI RES leaked onto the net ...

The car is GORGEOUS ...

( site works fine in Firefox)

Igor

I love all three. Especially that wagon. Not that it looks best, though it perhaps does. But because for a wagon it is so darn nice looking.

Ever since reading the spot a few months back about Mazda cars having the least problems over the their long life I have bee even more interested in one. I always like the 6. Lately, with fuel I have really been interested in the 3. I think it is even nice looking than the 6.

I can't wait to see these. Of course the Mazda sales men will be acting like they will be all sold out for the next 3 to 5 production years and that is why I need to pay $3k over invoice, but...

Peace and Blessings

Thanks Igor.

Doesn't look bad, but damn, it looks a LOT like the last generation Camry. :eek5:

whats good for the goose.....

mazda would do well to incorporate Fords My Color for the dash lights.....that red could get old quick....Muranos are the same....

Most German cars have red/orange gauges, at least Audi and BMW and Im pretty sure Porsche. Its supposed to be easier on the eyes. I will tell you though, it looks 100times better than the putrid green found in Fords.

The only thing I really like better is VW, which are a darkish blue.

Edited by one2gamble

Most German cars have red/orange gauges, at least Audi and BMW and Im pretty sure Porsche. Its supposed to be easier on the eyes. I will tell you though, it looks 100times better than the putrid green found in Fords.

The only thing I really like better is VW, which are a darkish blue.

Actually, the putrid green/pale blue are considered the "easiest" to see at night. I've never really found any interior light colors to be THAT annoying honestly.

post-4936-1118097180_thumb.jpg

post-4936-1118097206_thumb.jpg

post-4936-1118097235_thumb.jpg