2008 Mazda6 pictures!!!

igor

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fusion-wise you shouldn't buy into pc's notion that the vehicle needs a 'drastic turnaround in fortunes'.

And yeah, the Mazda6 stays at AA. We'd have had a flurry of press releases by this time if it was moving. Funny thing is Hermosillo used to be a Mazda plant (I think they built it, and then sold it to Ford later on).

I could imagine the Mazda6 moving to Hermosillo around EUCD2 time, with Ford swapping the Mazda half of Flat Rock for a 50% stake in Hermosillo, with Flat Rock used to build Huntsman derivatives alongside the Mustang.

Depending on how tightly EUCD is integrated, from a transportation cost scenario making AA all EUCD, moving Focus production to Hermosillo, and moving the Mustang to Wayne (alongside other Huntsman projects) might work, then you'd have your three main EUCD plants in Chicago and Detroit/Windsor.

Of course the costs of moving all that production around might be difficult to recapture in savings on transportation...

Also, you may want to keep building EUCDs in Mexico, due to the FTA between Mexico and Brazil; allows a duty free way of getting midsize sedans into Brazil (and Argentina, IIRC).

Doesn't seem there's going to be a Western Hemisphere free trade agreement any time soon, which ironically, provides an incentive to keep production in Mexico....

Edited by RichardJensen

Fusion-wise you shouldn't buy into pc's notion that the vehicle needs a 'drastic turnaround in fortunes'.

Yeah, I guess Ford dealers should keep selling just 3 Fusions on average for the rest of the decade and beyond.

Are Ford's main competitors Kia and Hyundai?

So yes, a drastic improvement is needed.

Edited by pcsario

Yeah, I guess Ford dealers should keep selling just 3 Fusions on average for the rest of the decade and beyond.

Why don't you let them worry about that. As far as I can see, they're not complaining about it as much as you are.

But then again, that doesn't really matter to you, because it doesn't confirm your pre-determined opinions. Anyone that disagrees with you on this subject is either lying or deluded.

It's why you couldn't even admit that you botched the 'most often than not' thing, instead saying, 'bububu everybody does it.'

Enjoy life in your small and angry little world. I wonder if the sun ever shines in it.

post-19091-1118313234_thumb.jpg

Well, in all honesty, you're the one living in a bubble isolated from the real world, not me.

There's a difference between being an optimist, and just being a delusional fanboy with blinders on 24/7 seeing the world in blue.

Nike-Child-Swim-Cap2.jpg

I give credit where credit is due. F150, Mustang, FOE, Australia, etc.

You are part of a group here... people thinking the media & customers ditching Ford for something else, is mainly due to bias.

When you clearly do your homework, you don't need to "learn" to like anything, or make up excuses for it.

The product simply sells by itself.

There's a reason no one needs to defend a winner with a medal on its chest.

Edited by pcsario

mainly due to bias.

We're all biased. Even you. Heck, your old buddy Jerry Flint is on record as saying that their may be 'some' bias in the media ( http://www.forbes.com/columnists/2007/01/1..._0117flint.html ).

Bias is a fact of life, it's something to be acknowledged and worked around.

Pretending it doesn't exist is insane.

Well, in all honesty, you're the one living in a bubble isolated from the real world, not me.

"It's everyone else"

Sad. I hope you don't drink, but if you do, I hope you don't have a family.

These are classic symptoms of someone who has a problem and doesn't want to deal with it. I've seen people worse than you--alcoholics, abusive fathers, etc. You, pc, are headed for disaster.

Just about everyone else on this board will freely and candidly acknowledge their biases--and their mistakes. They probably won't agree with -your- characterization of them, but they will acknowledge them.

You, on the other hand, plainly suffer under the delusion that you have no biases whatsoever, that you never make mistakes (you can't even straight up acknowledge a simple grammar gaffe), and apparently see yourself as Plato's philosopher, returned from the mouth of the cave to describe light to the rest of us.

Sorry, bud. You're not telling us anything we don't already know...

Thanks for the speech Dr. Phil.

Yep. It's everyone else. Isn't it?

Do you find this to be the case in your non-internet life as well?

Your bf/gf/wife -always- the one at fault? Only correct if they agree with you?

Do you find yourself going through a succession of short-term relationships in search of Miss (or Mr.) Right? Only to find out a short time into things that it's just not going to work out--possibly because continuing the relationship will require -you- to change? Not that you'd phrase it that way. To you, the other person is 'too demanding', that they want you to do too much.

What about work (or school)? Do you find yourself questioning the knowledge of your peers if they disagree with you? Your professors if they have a different point of view?

To what extent do you insist on controlling the attitudes of people around you? If you have a roommate, do you have a set way you want the dishes in the cupboard? How angry do you get when things aren't done exactly the way you want them?

Do you consider a conversation a success if you can get the other person to agree with you?

How would your friends describe you?

Actually, PC, how about that? How -would- your friends describe you?

Edited by RichardJensen

BTW, I'm not sold on the appearance of the new Mazda6. Doesn't seem like enough of a stretch--almost seems too conservative to me, but that's just me. And who knows, maybe it's because these are renderings, not actual photos, and some of the car's character may not be apparent.

Edited by RichardJensen

Yep. It's everyone else. Isn't it?

Yes Dr. Phil, because I'm the one who thinks the world is against Ford. lol_2.gif

I've no problem admitting my mistakes. Do a search for "I stand corrected" and you'll see my nickname there.

You and others, on the other hand, don't acknowledge when history indeed proved you wrong, much less offer any apologies to the people you insulted and dismissed at the time.

It's also worth noting that you --specifically-- get into these mental breakdowns every single time someone points out you fucked up.

shrek6.jpg

Edited by pcsario

Yes, because I'm the one who thinks the world is against Ford.

Always everyone else with the problems. I haven't said that, nobody else here has either.

Bias against Ford exists with a rather sizable portion of the U.S. car buying public.

How it got there is of little importance.

How much of it is justified is not important.

That it exists is not to be questioned.

BTW, Cesar, why are you so ashamed of your real name and your origins?

Do I detect a hint of 2nd generation bias against your roots in your incessant ragging on the Fusion?

Or maybe your family has been here for a long time and you don't like people confusing you with those 'wetbacks'?

See, we all have biases, and they affect how we see the world around us.

LOL... and the reason for bringing that up was? Hell it was my first or second post here: There's italian and mexican blood in my veins. Guess you're a racist too. :)

BTW Sherlock, I'm so ashamed of my name, and try to hide it so much, I even based my nickname on it. lol_2.gif

Edited by pcsario

Guess you're a racist too. :)

Yeah. That would explain why I rag incessantly on Mexican and Brazilian products.

And you never did answer the question about how your friends would describe you.

Seriously, what is the reason for the chip on your shoulder? Why the perpetual need to describe yourself as 'right'? You identify yourself with the subject being discussed. Why?

Edited by RichardJensen

You didn't answer the question. Why bring it up in the first place if not to encourage racism? lol_2.gif

I already answered your question, btw.

I've no problem admitting my mistakes. Do a search for "I stand corrected" and you'll see my nickname there.

You and others, on the other hand, don't acknowledge when history indeed proved you wrong, much less offer any apologies to the people you insulted and dismissed at the time.