• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12246217_1X.jpg

12012857_2X.jpg

10451877_4X.jpg

I think the drivers of these FJs finally realized how ugly their car was ---- they saw the reflection of their hideous FJ in one of those shiny chrome-like semi trailers and rapidly jerked the steering wheel, causing the vehicle to flip.

Actually they look better than how they come from the factory! :hysterical:

post-28332-1189221483_thumb.jpg

Edited by rmc523

I think the drivers of these FJs finally realized how ugly their car was ---- they saw the reflection of their hideous FJ in one of those shiny chrome-like semi trailers and rapidly jerked the steering wheel, causing the vehicle to flip.

Actually they look better than how they come from the factory! :hysterical:

ROFLMAO! So true. They are parked all over the place with For Sale signs on them. They are over priced Camris' with tall suspensions. What SH**! Any body that buys one of them deserves to eat that dam* thing. :finger::finger::finger::finger:

ROFLMAO! So true. They are parked all over the place with For Sale signs on them. They are over priced Camris' with tall suspensions. What SH**! Any body that buys one of them deserves to eat that dam* thing. :finger::finger::finger::finger:

That's why I nicknamed it the "FUCK JOB" CRUISER.

That's what the buyer got for buying one from Toyota! A FUCK JOB!!!

:banmolest: :banmolest: :banmolest: :banmolest:

This is really no different than the Samurai/Bronco II/Explorer/EVERY OTHER SUV ever built. You can't fault the vehicle for the jackass behind the wheel.

Yes, but Toyota made this so no one will notice a safety problem because the media and everyone else thinks Toyota can do nothing wrong. Safety advocates will look the other way because Toyota made it.

I agree that you can't fault the vehicle as much as you can fault the driver. All small and midsize SUV's have some issues with rollovers. Ford has demonstrated with the redesigned Explorer 2002+ changes like lowering the frame and engine, lengthening and widening the wheel base, adding independent rear suspension and last adding AdvanceTrac with roll stability control can really help lower the chance the vehicle will roll. Toyota might want to consider some of these changes to their small and midsize SUV's.

Edited by 2005Explorer

Well someone figured the number of Explorer rollovers in relation to total vehicles once (i.e. putting it in context) and they were far, far from the top of the list. Then again, only Ford seems to get cases such as someone using the 12 year old spare, not paying attention and driving off the road, flipping the vehicle, getting ejected from not wearing a belt, and attempting to sue for 100 million dollars....Over the years I have gotten clients in that had been in severe accidents, including having the Explorer roll from the impact or other cause and now will buy nothing BUT an Explorer based on what they walked away from.

Edited by kevinb120

• 2 months later...

I'm really not a fan of how these things look either, but again there probably isn't any known rollover defect with them. Oddly enough, these vehicles are known for being quite good 4x4's for off-road applications.

I cross-shopped these things when I bought my 06 Xterra, being they are based on the 4-Runner platform, which used to be quite nice. Aside from the ugly looks and absolutely atrocious viewing angles from behind the wheel, these things also require premium fuel.

Though my Xterra gets some truly crappy MPG, it has the power, and runs on regular gas. My X seems pretty top heavy as well, but then again, I don't drive it like a tool.

I was hoping Ford would have produced the Bronco concept, but there you go.

I seem to have read somewhere that these contraptions had horrible blind spots. Perhaps that led to the rollovers when the driver went to change lanes and then suddenly realized there was a car next to them...oops, too late, the darn things just don't handle too good when you jerk the wheel back in startled reaction to the horn blowing next to you.

I seem to have read somewhere that these contraptions had horrible blind spots. Perhaps that led to the rollovers when the driver went to change lanes and then suddenly realized there was a car next to them...oops, too late, the darn things just don't handle too good when you jerk the wheel back in startled reaction to the horn blowing next to you.

What you read was true, IMO. Terrible blind spots in these things, especially when backing up. Ugh.

• 3 weeks later...