Ford Motor Company: September 2007 Sales

PS. How much worse would Chrysler's future be without the LX line?

Well its really not doing anything for rest of the lineup...most new products from Chrysler after they launched have been bombs...with the new minivan being the only vartibite, but I'm sure that the interior looks like crap/cheap like everything else.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well its really not doing anything for rest of the lineup...most new products from Chrysler after they launched have been bombs...with the new minivan being the only vartibite, but I'm sure that the interior looks like crap/cheap like everything else.

Not to mention the back end...my god is it awful.

Isn't this Ford's goal as part of becoming profitable again? The numbers suck and make the news, but if they keep this they can turn things around...

Agreed, if Ford has 13% market share in NA and makes $8 billion a year worldwide I'll be thrilled.

Wait, $1,200 LESS per car in incentives? That's like $200 million more profit just for that month That's a positive development.

That is a positive as well as the massive reduction to rental companies. Those are two good things. It is painful to see just how little market value Ford has if you take away fleet and incentives, but it is a neccessary evil to move away from both. If they were putting out great product then I would be open to the bad numbers, but the reason why they have such pathetic market value is because of efforsts such as the escape and focus.

That is a positive as well as the massive reduction to rental companies. Those are two good things. It is painful to see just how little market value Ford has if you take away fleet and incentives, but it is a neccessary evil to move away from both. If they were putting out great product then I would be open to the bad numbers, but the reason why they have such pathetic market value is because of efforsts such as the escape and focus.

What about efforts like the Edge, Expedition, and Fusion (yeah I know you hate it).

So again we learn that selling only 4 cars, and striving for mediocrity gets Ford the worst performance in the automotive industry. That isn't something to be proud of.

Ford needs to expand their line-up of cars by at least 4-5, and stop putting half-ass re-design's, or Aztec ugly cars like the new Focus. And my God, do something with the Ranger, it went from best seller to nothing, and with large trucks gaining weight, getting poor fuel mileage, and fuel prices going up every year, they need a compact truck. don't abandon another market!!!!

I just hope Ford has time to turn things around, how much can they lose and still stay in business?

So again we learn that selling only 4 cars, and striving for mediocrity gets Ford the worst performance in the automotive industry. That isn't something to be proud of.

Ford needs to expand their line-up of cars by at least 4-5, and stop putting half-ass re-design's, or Aztec ugly cars like the new Focus. And my God, do something with the Ranger, it went from best seller to nothing, and with large trucks gaining weight, getting poor fuel mileage, and fuel prices going up every year, they need a compact truck. don't abandon another market!!!!

I just hope Ford has time to turn things around, how much can they lose and still stay in business?

Ok, first, who has more than 4 cars in one brand? Second, quit spouting your design opinion as fact. Third, small trucks in most forms get crappy mileage anyway. The retail share was stable and that is the most important thing.

What about efforts like the Edge, Expedition, and Fusion (yeah I know you hate it).

I think the vehicle that best shows fords ability is the Taurus. That vehicle is the car from Ford where you actually have logical arguement for calling it best in class. The downfalls of it are its poor interior(IMO) and boring exterior. But everything else about the vehicle is great. It doesn't sell well but I don't bash ford of poor sales of the Taurus because it is a good vehicle, and I will wait till after they actually advertise it before I becaome concered about its sales. The Edge is a success also, not the best effort, and it could be better, but very never the less very nice and Ford is reaping the benefits. My issue with the fusion is that it is a prime example of Ford trying to compete with 5 year old products from japan. If this was 2001 then clearly Ford would be in a prime position with the fusion, but the fusion launched then shortly after the camry, altima and now Accord have shown Ford didn't try to do anything more than put out a vehicle competitive with 5 year old products form the japanese. The issues with the fusion can be addressed in a significant MCE and I have hopes. The Expedition would of benefited more from completely reworked style, it just looks old. Yeah it is better than its only competition(tahoe) but the tahoe sells far far far better because i doesn't look dated.

Any ways, Ford would benefit much better following the effort of the Taurus, edge and even the fusion, than following the effort they put into the escape and focus.

Ford can't survive with a bunch of bad products and a few good ones. Public perception won't allow the few good ones to succeed.

Edited by DCK

The retail share was stable and that is the most important thing.

I don't see how the retail car market can fall 3% for the motnh, buts Ford retail sales fall 15% for the same month and yet it comes out as their retail share being stable? What am I missing?

I think the vehicle that best shows fords ability is the Taurus. That vehicle is the car from Ford where you actually have logical arguement for calling it best in class. The downfalls of it are its poor interior(IMO) and boring exterior. But everything else about the vehicle is great. It doesn't sell well but I don't bash ford of poor sales of the Taurus because it is a good vehicle, and I will wait till after they actually advertise it before I becaome concered about its sales. The Edge is a success also, not the best effort, and it could be better, but very never the less very nice and Ford is reaping the benefits. My issue with the fusion is that it is a prime example of Ford trying to compete with 5 year old products from japan. If this was 2001 then clearly Ford would be in a prime position with the fusion, but the fusion launched then shortly after the camry, altima and now Accord have shown Ford didn't try to do anything more than put out a vehicle competitive with 5 year old products form the japanese. The issues with the fusion can be addressed in a significant MCE and I have hopes. The Expedition would of benefited more from completely reworked style, it just looks old. Yeah it is better than its only competition(tahoe) but the tahoe sells far far far better because i doesn't look dated.

Any ways, Ford would benefit much better following the effort of the Taurus, edge and even the fusion, than following the effort they put into the escape and focus.

Ford can't survive with a bunch of bad products and a few good ones. Public perception won't allow the few good ones to succeed.

Ok, but how does the expedition look old. I have to take issue with that. It looks new to me, and most people.

IIRC, thats the baseline they are looking for in NA and want to grow it out to about 14-15% if they can

Where did the 8 Billion figure come from?

The way forward plan in 2002 said something about that being the profitability goal. Lol 2002 I know, but it's not a bad figure to shoot for.

You keep trumpeting this fact...care to back it up? The US population is growning older and Toyata is facing the same issue. Its an industry-wide problem.

I can think of far worse vehicles to be seen in...like Buick that have an Old man stigma about them. Throwing Tiger Woods at Buick isn't going to change that demographic.

Right...thats why part of GMs September 2007 3.8% sales INCREASE was due in part to the:

GM Reports 337,640 September Deliveries, Up 4 Percent Compared With 2006

(Monthly comparison percentages are adjusted for sales days unless noted. Annual and calendar year-to-date comparisons are unadjusted.)

* Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac and Saturn All Increased Sales Year-Over-Year

* Buick 6 Percent Retail Sales Increase Led By Red-Hot Enclave Crossover

* Full-Size Utilities, Pickups and Crossovers Post Significant Gains

* All-New CTS Drives Cadillac To Best Month Of 2007

The new Escape is doing VERY well. When you look at inventory, days to turn, retail mix, incentive levels, and quality, the Escape it doing great. Much better than I thought it would.

The only problem with the Escape now is getting production to meet demand. This is especially true of the Hybrid model.

If you look at the 11,132 Escape units moved in September (not even counting the 2,699 Mariner sales) and compare that all of Chrysler's models, Chrysler only has ONE model that sold more than the Escape, that is the Ram pickup.

The Escape bested the Liberty (6830) the Patriot (4245) the Compass (2852) the Nitro (7044) the Caliber (6348). It even bested the "hot" 300 (9231) the Grand Cherokee, and on and on down the lost of Chrysler models.

It looks like the Escape's refresh is doing a lot better than Chrysler's all-new flops.

Next month, I am going to start off the Monthly sales report with this and only this:

:beatdeadhorse:

George Pipas reiterated today what he said in January of 2007. Because of Ford's reduction in fleet sales (more than 175K units) and a reduction in incentive spending, Ford sales will be down every month this year.

George Pipas reiterated today what he said in January of 2007. Because of Ford's reduction in fleet sales (more than 175K units) and a reduction in incentive spending, Ford sales will be down every month this year.

Because their product line, poor marketing and public perception wouldn't have anything to do with it.

The new Escape is doing VERY well. When you look at inventory, days to turn, retail mix, incentive levels, and quality, the Escape it doing great. Much better than I thought it would.

The only problem with the Escape now is getting production to meet demand. This is especially true of the Hybrid model.

If you look at the 11,132 Escape units moved in September (not even counting the 2,699 Mariner sales) and compare that all of Chrysler's models, Chrysler only has ONE model that sold more than the Escape, that is the Ram pickup.

The Escape bested the Liberty (6830) the Patriot (4245) the Compass (2852) the Nitro (7044) the Caliber (6348). It even bested the "hot" 300 (9231) the Grand Cherokee, and on and on down the lost of Chrysler models.

It looks like the Escape's refresh is doing a lot better than Chrysler's all-new flops.

OMG teh camry sold more than teh Mercedes S-Class..................S-class = flop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Compare apples to apples. How about a comparison of the Escape/CR-V and RAV4 numbers? :stirpot:

OMG teh camry sold more than teh Mercedes S-Class..................S-class = flop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I understand your confusion!

You see, the Camry and the Mercedes S-Class are not in the same class or price range, whereas the Escape and the Chrysler flop-ettes are.

I'm very glad I was able to point this out to you. It's no wonder you were so confused about the Escape's sales performance vis-a-vis the Chrysler flop-ettes, (and every other Chrysler product except the Ram truck).

Not only does the Escape handily spank the Chrysler flop-ettes in sales, it does so with signifcantly lower incentives, lower fleet mix and has significantly lower inventory on dealer lots. The 106 days supply of the Compass is quite embarrassing I'm sure to Chrysler, as is the 90 day supply of the Patriot, and the 111 day supply of Nitros gathering dust. So much for a clean-sheet design leading to higher sales! LOL

Just to reiterate, the new Escape outsold every, yes EVERY model Chrysler sells except the Ram truck.

Not bad, not bad at all, especially considering the Escape has to compete in the same showroom as the #1 selling crossover, the Edge.

Edited by range