Ford’s Fiesta nearly made it to top spot in Europe in September

I know I'm a bit late to this thread, but why are the Clio and Punto down so much?

Clio buyers have been jumping ship into the new Peugeot 207, and the Clio had big problems and bad press with front bonnets (Hoods) popping up whilst driving. Fiat sales are up, but they are shooting them self in the foot, Punto sale slipped with three new cars introduced this year Bravo, 500 and something else for Fiat buyers. Ford Fiesta sales are good news for Ford as they are mostly sold to private buyers with higher profits. With tax shifting in favour of the smaller cars this trend is set to continue.

Why are Fiesta sales (~280K YTD) so much lower than the other cars on the list (>300K YTD)?

When I was in Scotland two weeks ago I was shocked by the number of Fiestas on the road. It's an attractive little car. I was driving a Vauxhall Corsa (same category as the Fiesta) and with a more powerful engine (say 1.6 or 1.8 vs. the 1.2 my hire car had) it would be perfectly fine in the US. I'm assuming the Fiesta is equally competent...so why isn't the Fiesta offered here in the US? It may not be a huge seller, but it would seem to be an important addition to the Ford family.

Scott

Why are Fiesta sales (~280K YTD) so much lower than the other cars on the list (>300K YTD)?

When I was in Scotland two weeks ago I was shocked by the number of Fiestas on the road. It's an attractive little car. I was driving a Vauxhall Corsa (same category as the Fiesta) and with a more powerful engine (say 1.6 or 1.8 vs. the 1.2 my hire car had) it would be perfectly fine in the US. I'm assuming the Fiesta is equally competent...so why isn't the Fiesta offered here in the US? It may not be a huge seller, but it would seem to be an important addition to the Ford family.

Scott

It's coming eventually....

Scott

Well to start with the fiesta is the old man of the b car group