CR Will No Longer Automatically Recommend Toyota

FordBuyer

I couldn't believe it when I read that Toyota no longer gets free ride. That is really significant news for those who think CR is gospel. Now Toyota will have to wait a year to get on CR's Recommended list if data shows quality. I figured after the bad quality of the Avalon that in time the shit would hit the fan, and it did. That must be hard pill for Toyota to swallow. No longer treated special, but just like the Domestics now.

Also, just read article in Automotive News that stated that Farley coup was much bigger than Press going to Chrysler. Farley was a rising star at Toyota and Press was on retirement arc. You have to put Farley on short list for next President and CEO job at Ford. It also stated that it's very bad news for Toyota to lose a young guy like Farley to Ford. You have to wonder how many more may be leaving Toyota soon.

Why the fuck did Toyota get a fucking free fucking pass in the first fucking place?

A belated Happy Birthday to you old chum!

Toyota not getting their way/free pass any more, that must also be music to your ears.

The so called impartial car critics are having their eyes opened at long last.

I'm sure those same critics will now over compensate and praise anything that comes out of Detroit!!!

$$$$$$$$....swiss bank account.........

You mean that Toyota excutive slu--- I mean wife!

A belated Happy Birthday to you old chum!

Toyota not getting their way/free pass any more, that must also be music to your ears.

The so called impartial car critics are having their eyes opened at long last.

I'm sure those same critics will now over compensate and praise anything that comes out of Detroit!!!

How did you know it was my Birthday?

Toyota may no longer get a free pass in America, but it will still get a free pass and free lunch from Saudis here, however, light might be the fastest thing according to science, but I know bad rumors are faster!

Yuuuuuu Huuuuuuuuu, PCsaaaaarioooooooo, where are you my fine Ford bashing knucklehead?

Come out, come out, where ever you are.

Come on PC, don't hide now.

Did you notice that the Tundra and Camry V6 got below average ratings while 93% of all Ford products got average or better. Another blow to Tundra.

Toyota is learning the lesson Ford learned. When your plants are cranking out every vehicle they can make and you are expanding and always trying to increase production, QUALITY WILL SUFFER. Now that many Ford plants are at more leisurely pace, Ford can concentrate more on quality and it shows. If Toyota doesn't slow down, lack of customers in future will slow them down as it did Ford. I'm sure Toyota workers are stressed, at their mental and physical limit as Toyota has no time for injuries and overly tired workers and just pushes them beyone their limits. The result is reduced quality and its showing up all over the place. Ford on the other hand gets criticized for taking its time and moving slowly including technology, but usually it results in better quality.

toyota was getting a free pass because their cars for the longest time were consistantly surveying better than other vehicles. They did it for a lot of other makes too when they would redesign a line that had usually done well in the past rather than wait a year to see how the redesign did. back in the day(10 years ago) i remember them explaining this and doing it for a lot of Fords. I actually remember a time(around 93?) that virtually ever ford was always recommended.

toyota was getting a free pass because their cars for the longest time were consistantly surveying better than other vehicles.

The problem is Toyota's quality problems have been known for a long time now. Most every other survey and indicator picked this fact up long ago. CR is FINALLY accepting reality. CR has been covering for Toyota for too long.

Avalon shows dent in Toyota quality; fixes sought for 'problematic vehicle'

NHTSA Deals Another Blow to Toyota, New Probes Might Mean More Recalls

Toyota's hybrid SUV short on quality

Feds Look Into Prius Stalling

Long line of faulty cars muddies Toyota image

Repairing Some Dents in an Image

Toyota facing another Tundra recall

Toyota Sludge Class Action Settlement

Oh What A Bad Feeling - Toyota to Recall 1/2 Million Sequoias

The Little Toyota Engine Light That Couldn't Turn Off

Toyota's totally bizarre recall - Toyota makes vehicle less safe

Toyota's Tundra Again Target of Safety Probe

Toyota I'm so Glad that your failing ,your not so hot after all. Go back to Japan and start cooking rice again. Stay out of the United State Imports Suck We don;t want you

A real American does not buy imports

Don :happy feet:

Edited by truckman901

Toyota I'm so Glad that your failing your not so hot after all. Go back to Japan and start cooking rice again. Stay out of the United State Imports Suck

A real American does not buy imports

Don :happy feet:

Ah, nothing like some red-blooded American racism to spice things up. :rolleyes:

Ah, nothing like some red-blooded American racism to spice things up. :rolleyes:

More like a total douchebag. That guy should just stop driving then, because the oil for gas is all imported. He should also stop buying anything not made in the US, which is a lot of stuff he buys at Walmart.

More like a total douchebag. That guy should just stop driving then, because the oil for gas is all imported. He should also stop buying anything not made in the US, which is a lot of stuff he buys at Walmart.

Not ALL of our oil is imported....and a good portion of it is at least from Canada and Mexico. I agree with your point though.

Almost ALL of our oil is imported. Oil from Canada and Mexico is still imported oil.

Yes, I know it is imported. But most Americans assume that we get every drop of our oil from the Middle East, which isn't anywhere close to the truth.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petrole...ent/import.html

I've won a lot of arguments by referencing this link over the years. :happy feet:

Yes, I know it is imported. But most Americans assume that we get every drop of our oil from the Middle East, which isn't anywhere close to the truth.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petrole...ent/import.html

I've won a lot of arguments by referencing this link over the years. :happy feet:

Most Americans are idiots too. Remember, average is mediocre.