Small design gripe

J-150

Just noticed that the info center buttons are mounted in the middle of the dash.

I think they would not only look nicer, but be more functional if mounted to the steering wheel like they are on the Freestyle. You know, where the drive can access them easier. If they require too much of a reach, I don't see people using them as much.

Really, those 6 buttons mounted above the Radio/HVAC stack look out of place. They look like an afterthought after the time spent on a well thought-out center stack.

They seem to integrate well on the center stack on the models with the Nav screen. It also appears that the trip info may display on the Nav screen in those vehicles so equipped, so in those cases, the location seems to make sense. How often do you really use trip computer buttons that would necessitate them being on the steering wheel anyway? I think I can count the times I've even looked at the trip milage in both of my cars on one hand.

the whole center stack is unimaginative. yuk. i like the flex, but cmon, wow us with the center stack. this is a half effort.

I see where you feel that way.

I also see it as clean and simple. The opposite of a cluttered Nissan center stack. Surprisingly, there are a lot of people (including the target market of the Flex) that prefer a more simple dash.