More Toyota problems

dwg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im 250 lbs, a friend of mine is 220 and another who is about 200lbs and one day we all sat on the tailgate of my Ranger. you know what sagged when that happened? the leaf springs. because we are fat.

the tailgate was fine.

ive also had a 428FE on there, a 472 Caddy with trans that was propped up on the gate while we loaded it up and several other engines that are 500+lbs EASY. no damage to it from any heavy loading int he least. Although that 472 Caddy engine slid and put a dent in my wheelhouse.

wow i don't know what is worse the fact that the Honda Ridgeline can't even go over a small ditch with out buckling near the beginning of the bed or........

the Toyota Tundra (the truck that redesigned the truck) that can't have simple bed worthy equipment put through its tailgate!

oh and i love that website's name www.tundrasoluions.com because the solution to the Tundra is the F-150

Edited by Ford-150

This is the site I was at making fun of the toyo tailgate told them it was made for not more than 2 lunch buckets and they kicked me off FOREVER so I had to get a new user name so I can still troll :stirpot:

They employ dirty tactics, by paying people to troll our sights but ban people who tell the truth about their products!

This is the site I was at making fun of the toyo tailgate told them it was made for not more than 2 lunch buckets and they kicked me off FOREVER so I had to get a new user name so I can still troll :stirpot:

Is that exactly how you said it? I find it hard to believe that they banned you for saying something as paltry as that.

Is that exactly how you said it? I find it hard to believe that they banned you for saying something as paltry as that.
Honest it is word for word plus I had 2 other post one I said it was sure thin looking metal compared to my 04 ford and the other was that I had put much more abuse on my ford tail gate with no problems, they are extremely touchy especially after the CR report, I have quit trolling over there for now sure was fun though. But everyone on that site with tundras the tail gates were coming apart evidently they aren't welded, just crimped and then sealed with some kind of sealer??? :redcard:

buddy of mine at work just bought a new Tundra...he broke my chops when I suggested he look at the F-150, his reply, "I am sick of the domestics and the crap they put out..."

That was 30 days ago.....

1st, his new Tundra was in the shop for a week...seems there is a rumble in his transmission....and the wonder techs at Toyota cannot find his problem, but will keep looking....loaner was a Corolla....man was he pissed about driving a Corolla after dropping 35K+ on the Tundra.....then....a few days ago.....

His windshield split.....and Toyota will not fix it, his words to me today....."Damn, I knew I should've bought an F-150" I just smirked and walked away from him...meanwhile, my Fusion runs great...and my g/f's brother in law bought a new '08 F-150 around the same time.....loves the truck and ZERO problems....

:hysterical:

Edited by twintornados

buddy of mine at work just bought a new Tundra...he broke my chops when I suggested he look at the F-150, his reply, "I am sick of the domestics and the crap they put out..."

That was 30 days ago.....

1st, his new Tundra was in the shop for a week...seems there is a rumble in his transmission....and the wonder techs at Toyota cannot find his problem, but will keep looking....loaner was a Corolla....man was he pissed about driving a Corolla after dropping 35K+ on the Tundra.....then....a few days ago.....

His windshield split.....and Toyota will not fix it, his words to me today....."Damn, I knew I should've bought an F-150" I just smirked and walked away from him...meanwhile, my Fusion runs great...and my g/f's brother in law bought a new '08 F-150 around the same time.....loves the truck and ZERO problems....

:hysterical:

Dude, domestics just put out crappy CARS! Your buddy got owned hard. I also just helped talk my friend's dad out of buying a Tundra. Directed him to the Toyota enthusiast sites that have pictures of the truck falling apart.

Now you are wrong it is in the user agreement in black and white "Toyota is god, and you shalt not put any other make before it". :rolleyes:

Just face it you a rule breaker and deserved to be punished!

thwhiplash.gif

I really hope the worst for Toyota. Not that I hate the company so much, I do but its the people that drive them and are just so arrogant and piss me off.

I never really thought about tailgate strength. So far in my '04 ranger I had a sea doo gsx waverunner, dodge v10 truck engine and a hotsy pressure washer resting on the gate of that truck. That hotsy bent the plate that covers the lock mechanisms but just slightly. Id recommend to anyone that is around a good size hotsy pressure washer to try and lift it, definatly threw me off guard when I attempted to load it in the truck. HEEEAAAVVVYYY

Long live the real American Pickups.