More Toyota problems

dwg

The biggest issue to come of this, is where has Toyota skimped elsewhere with these trucks?

whats next..heard the trannies may be responsible for the vibration/ hopping problem I posted about 2 1/2 weeks ago....more buybacks on the horizon.........

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at a sandwich place last week and parked 2 spots down from a new Tundra. When I came out the hood was up and the dude was cranking but she wasn't starting. I laughed as the company truck I was driving, an 03 Ranger 4 banger started right up and purred like a kitten. Made my day.

Honest it is word for word plus I had 2 other post one I said it was sure thin looking metal compared to my 04 ford and the other was that I had put much more abuse on my ford tail gate with no problems, they are extremely touchy especially after the CR report, I have quit trolling over there for now sure was fun though. But everyone on that site with tundras the tail gates were coming apart evidently they aren't welded, just crimped and then sealed with some kind of sealer??? :redcard:

Wow, they are very touchy.

I'm not sure how exactly they're put together, but however it is, it must be cheap if the tailgate is doing that from a golf cart.

The biggest issue to come of this, is where has Toyota skimped elsewhere with these trucks?

That's a good point. Could there be other issues beneath the surface (besides the tranny problems already mentioned)? I'm sure there will be.....I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I was at a sandwich place last week and parked 2 spots down from a new Tundra. When I came out the hood was up and the dude was cranking but she wasn't starting. I laughed as the company truck I was driving, an 03 Ranger 4 banger started right up and purred like a kitten. Made my day.

Haha :hysterical:

I would've laughed too!

When I was at the auto show last year I was looking over the tundra and the two biggest things that came to me was the inside door panels would jiggle when you closed the doors and the front upper control arms were a very thin stamped steel. If anyone gets the chance take a look at those upper 'a' arms and see what I mean.

When I was at the auto show last year I was looking over the tundra and the two biggest things that came to me was the inside door panels would jiggle when you closed the doors and the front upper control arms were a very thin stamped steel. If anyone gets the chance take a look at those upper 'a' arms and see what I mean.

Here is a good angle.

10431857_AX.jpg

buddy of mine at work just bought a new Tundra...he broke my chops when I suggested he look at the F-150, his reply, "I am sick of the domestics and the crap they put out..."

That was 30 days ago.....

1st, his new Tundra was in the shop for a week...seems there is a rumble in his transmission....and the wonder techs at Toyota cannot find his problem, but will keep looking....loaner was a Corolla....man was he pissed about driving a Corolla after dropping 35K+ on the Tundra.....then....a few days ago.....

His windshield split.....and Toyota will not fix it, his words to me today....."Damn, I knew I should've bought an F-150" I just smirked and walked away from him...meanwhile, my Fusion runs great...and my g/f's brother in law bought a new '08 F-150 around the same time.....loves the truck and ZERO problems....

:hysterical:

Actually it's not Toyota's responsibility to replace the man's windshield and he should have known better than to ask, especially this time of year. Cracked windshields due to changes in temperature are pretty common during the spring and fall months. It's happened to me a couple of times. I've seen it on brand new Fords as well so this isn't a Toyota quality issue. He can either file it on his insurance and have his windshield replaced or he can just pay for a new windshield out of his own pocket. Heck there are plenty of services that will come out to your house and replace your windshield in your driveway while you wait if you like. It only takes about 10 minutes.

Now the transmission issue, that's another story.

It sounds as though Toyota may have its first real generation of burned buyers. Though most of them are so thick headed they will just assume that the domestics are "worse" than whatever it is they are dealing with at the time.

The CR statement was good, now I want to see write ups in MT and everyone else exposing the issues at hand just like they do every time Ford or GM has an issue with anything.

Actually it's not Toyota's responsibility to replace the man's windshield and he should have known better than to ask, especially this time of year. Cracked windshields due to changes in temperature are pretty common during the spring and fall months. It's happened to me a couple of times. I've seen it on brand new Fords as well so this isn't a Toyota quality issue. He can either file it on his insurance and have his windshield replaced or he can just pay for a new windshield out of his own pocket. Heck there are plenty of services that will come out to your house and replace your windshield in your driveway while you wait if you like. It only takes about 10 minutes.

I don't buy it....I have seen alot of complaints about Toyota glass...not just the Tundra. They tried the "you got a rock chip" excuse...he told me after a tech looked it over for 20 minutes...he admitted that there were no chips, but Toyota would still not budge....he was going to talk to a rep....I will have more when I see him next week

Having lived in Michigan and had days of 75 degrees followed by sub 32 and snow at night, I call BS.

Looks like Toyota Siennas are built just as cheaply and weak as their Tundras.

This is part of the door mechanism on the Toyota Sienna.

Anyone see a pattern of Toyota cutting corners with marginal design standards ?

toyota_102407_big.jpg

LINK

post-11790-1127796496_thumb.jpg

Edited by range