2009 Lincoln MKS Unleashed

suv_guy_19

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this thing supposed to compete with the CTS?!? If so, it's not even close - inside or out. :nonono:

Once again, the back end is the big let down. Looks like it came off a $10,000 Chinese car.

Why can't they figure out a way to bring back the 1998 Mark VIII rear lighting setup? That thin strip of lights (or neon rather) is a Lincoln trademark only continued forward in the MKEdge.

Well, I guess it's a nicer larger alternative to the MarkZ for those who are seeking that. I do find it attractive, the interior is "nice", although maybe the color might be a bit of a put off...I find it..."nice"...maybe in some other colors it might look a bit better. Nice to see some new toys as well. IN typical Ford fashion, the power-train is the biggest dissapointment upon introduction, which will later be rectified and the media's attention has gone elsewhere. And my biggest pet-peeve, the foot operated parking brake...

Let's hope there's some positive news in the next few days...

Once again, the back end is the big let down. Looks like it came off a $10,000 Chinese car.

Why can't they figure out a way to bring back the 1998 Mark VIII rear lighting setup? That thin strip of lights (or neon rather) is a Lincoln trademark only continued forward in the MKEdge.

Did you completely miss the similarity to this $10000 Chinese car?

lrg_article_8618-img_0.jpg

Why can't they figure out a way to bring back the 1998 Mark VIII rear lighting setup?

Because it would be ugly. The rear taillights in place were an integral part of the original design. They resolve a lot of character elements. Pull those taillights off and you have to redo everything from the A pillar back.

This is far more cohesive than the Fusion, for instance, which has a very cluttered rear end because (I would guess) someone came in and demanded a change in the taillights.

The backend is the low point of the design, but it's not that low. It's a great looking car overall, both inside and out. The 3.7 is a disappointment, I have to admit. Yes, it will be the most fuel-efficient AWD luxury car mostly because it produces 50-70 hp less than other AWD luxury cars. I just hope it's not a porker (although I have a sneaky suspicion). For $38,000, the power isn't bad, but one piece of technology - DI - could have pushed the power up to 300hp and Ford could have still kept the price under $40k. It would have looked that much better.

It is a great design. The best I think I've seen from Ford since the days of the Mark VIII (which I consider the bar right now). So, at least they created a good car. Now, if we could just get 30 more horses out of that 3.7. I can't wait to see what the TF will do to it.