2009 Lincoln MKS Unleashed

suv_guy_19

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally a Lincoln with all the luxury accoutrement. (WARNING:Opinion Ahead) Interior seems rich, with exception of gauges and Lincoln steering wheel, however dowdy and very similar in execution to current Cadillac STS, advantage being the large sunroof. Exterior big let down, the design seems really retro 90's with a mix of current Lexus GS, and Maserati Quattroporte. Just couldn't drop 38K for this. BTW how long is this car?

post-25954-1195024392_thumb.jpg

post-25954-1195024408_thumb.jpg

post-25954-1195024418_thumb.jpg

post-25954-1195024435_thumb.jpg

post-25954-1195024456_thumb.jpg

post-25954-1195024494_thumb.jpg

post-25954-1195024593_thumb.jpg

post-25954-1195024607_thumb.jpg

Finally a Lincoln with all the luxury accoutrement. (WARNING:Opinion Ahead) Interior seems rich, with exception of gauges and Lincoln steering wheel, however dowdy and very similar in execution to current Cadillac STS, advantage being the large sunroof. Exterior big let down, the design seems really retro 90's with a mix of current Lexus GS, and Maserati Quattroporte. Just couldn't drop 38K for this. BTW how long is this car?

You wouldn't drop 38K for a Maserati of GS? Are you crazy? I believe that this car was sculpted from something. Its that good looking. I do though, very much like the design of the GS and the Quattroporte. They along with this are two of my favorite cars.

Disagree on the exterior; retro-90s look stems entirely from headlight and grille shape; the creased MKS shares no other traits with the coke bottle profiled and rounded corner Continentals.

In fact the basic shape of the grille/headlight assembly could be pushed farther back, to the '88 Continental.

1989lincolncontinentalnewfront.jpg

I don't think this similarity is a problem.

The overall shape is, honestly, derivative, but it's well executed; which as all those who dislike the '96 Taurus will agree, is better than original poorly executed.

Nope, but I, along with most of the population hate manuals. However, there is supposed to be a dual clutch manual with the TF I do believe. That I could agree with.

So for me:

1. Too big/ kinda ugly

2. FWD

3. No performance

3 strikes and you're out - especially for nearly $40 grand.

Oh well, different strokes for differnt folks.

Edited by eddiehaskell