Escape Rear Window Exploding

CanadaSVT

My dentist has a 2004 Escape with less than 40k. He tells me that on Friday he parked it and closed the drivers door, then smash, the rear liftgate window exploded.

He took it to the Ford dealership and they said Ford has rarely paid for this repair (which makes it sound like it has happened numerous times on Escapes). The dealer says that they will try their hardest to get the money from Ford.

Now that I think about it, shouldn't this be covered under basic warranty?

Anyone else hear of this problem with the Escape?

This dentist was considering buying a Hybrid Escape or Edge when they come out, but if Ford dicks him around over this window he says he may go to a different brand.

:shrug:

My dentist has a 2004 Escape with less than 40k. He tells me that on Friday he parked it and closed the drivers door, then smash, the rear liftgate window exploded.

He took it to the Ford dealership and they said Ford has rarely paid for this repair (which makes it sound like it has happened numerous times on Escapes). The dealer says that they will try their hardest to get the money from Ford.

This dentist was considering buying a Hybrid Escape or Edge when they come out, but if Ford dicks him around over this window he says he may go to a different brand.

This happened to a friend of mine almost 4 years ago (2002 Escape). Ford paid for the repair. Your message is only the second time I have heard of this happening.

I work for Ford and I build the Escape. Tell the dealership thats BS. Its underwarrenty. If we have a problem we want to know about it. We believe we are making a quality vehicle here at Kansas City. I don't have a 800 number but try this number 1-816 459-1223. Its a local number out of KC and it gets you to consumer affairs dept. :angry:

• Like 1

I work for Ford and I build the Escape. Tell the dealership thats BS. Its underwarrenty. If we have a problem we want to know about it. We believe we are making a quality vehicle here at Kansas City. I don't have a 800 number but try this number 1-816 459-1223. Its a local number out of KC and it gets you to consumer affairs dept. :angry:

dude, you ROCK! I love your attitude! If every Ford worker (hourly and salary) had this attitude, Ford would be the #1 automaker in the world.

Thanks for making a difference!

• Like 1

I work for Ford and I build the Escape. Tell the dealership thats BS. Its underwarrenty.

He said it has less than 40k miles, which I take to mean it has more than 36k miles, which is the standard warranty on the Escape.

This has only been reported a couple of times on escape-central.com (I can only remember one) so I do not believe it to be a common issue.

It's only warranty if it's under 36,000 mi not 40,000.

If that doesn't work call 1-800-392-3673 or www.fordvehicles.com or hac@ford.com The 1-800 # is of CRC. Cunsumer Relations Center.

Message for FordJoc. I am a newbe to this site. I ordered an Escape 3 weeks ago and it is being built in KC. I have the vin number. Is there a way you can help me track the order?

Denny From Ohio

Message for FordJoc. I am a newbe to this site. I ordered an Escape 3 weeks ago and it is being built in KC. I have the vin number. Is there a way you can help me track the order?

Denny From Ohio

Go to the Ford Employees forum. You will see a "stickied" post. You can post your VIN number there, and your information will most likely be passed along to you. Enjoy your Escape! I bought a Mariner a few months ago, and LOVE it.

• 1 month later...

i had a 2005 super crew had a small vibration in the upper left hand corner it started to crack(windshield) dealer accused me of hitting a rock even though i did not, but they told my ford does not pay for glass i sucked it up and just put another one in

• 5 years later...