LEP SAYS MERRY X-MASS TO THERE SKILLED TRADES IN TEAR-OUT

BLUEOVALMAN

LEP just gave there skilled trades in tear-out a nice x-mass gift. They just told them they were shutting down tear-out and putting them on ILO. Some how the guy in charge of tear-out forgot to balance the check book and he ran out of tear-out money. It just happened that he found this out one week before the company would have had to pay them for x-mass shutdown. But according to the Company officials it had nothing to due with them voting down the local. The local union officials were to busy to attend the meeting. But the company man in charge said he would do everthing he could to help them out. Atleast someone will be looking out for them!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LEP just gave there skilled trades in tear-out a nice x-mass gift. They just told them they were shutting down tear-out and putting them on ILO. Some how the guy in charge of tear-out forgot to balance the check book and he ran out of tear-out money. It just happened that he found this out one week before the company would have had to pay them for x-mass shutdown. But according to the Company officials it had nothing to due with them voting down the local. The local union officials were to busy to attend the meeting. But the company man in charge said he would do everthing he could to help them out. Atleast someone will be looking out for them!!!

Thats really amazing since the scrap price for the tearout itself was paying for tearout. How could they run out of money when the project was paying for itself?? Sounds a little fishy to me!!!

How many people involved? When did you guys start the tearout? How much remains to be done? Our tearout job ends Friday and would like to see if there are any patterns or strange coincidences between the two.

Edited by VDTRANSMAN

How many people involved? When did you guys start the tearout? How much remains to be done? Our tearout job ends Friday and would like to see if there are any patterns or strange coincidences between the two.

We started tear out of the 3.0L Vulcan at the end of September, first part of October. I would say that we are between 50-60% done. If VD hs a tear out ending Friday as well, I would say that it is a safe bet that there is something a little fishy going on. I would venture to say that the company used those projects to appease the masses and help secure a yes vote on the international contract. Just a hunch though.

I don't know what it is, but I smell something fishy. Here is a photo of me looking around to find out what stinks, but I don't see anything.

22569589.jpg

Your slang is difficult for me sometimes. Have you tried Red Stripe? I dont know if it comes in a lite version though. :shades:

Never even heard of it. More of a whiskey guy, but my beer is Union - only drink miller lite, made in the USA by union workers!!!

Never even heard of it. More of a whiskey guy, but my beer is Union - only drink miller lite, made in the USA by union workers!!![/quote

Look for it sometime. It only comes in bottles. You will need an opener to get the cap off. No twist offs.

Edited by paris

We started tear out of the 3.0L Vulcan at the end of September, first part of October. I would say that we are between 50-60% done. If VD hs a tear out ending Friday as well, I would say that it is a safe bet that there is something a little fishy going on. I would venture to say that the company used those projects to appease the masses and help secure a yes vote on the international contract. Just a hunch though.

Now it sounds like they are going to use a layoff to scare them into a yes vote on the local contract!!

We are pretty much done with the exception of the systems tanks and drags, pits, and trenches. Everything else is gone. Just covered them up so nobody falls in. Why they dont remove, fill, and pour new concrete I dont understand. Why not finish and do the job the right way.

I would say that lepskilledtrades is bound and determined that Lima doesn't have a local contract. He should come out from behind his computer and help fix the issues or take a buy-out and move on

I would be completely against any local agreement with IMT language in it also. Keep voting it down until they take the language out. I do believe the company got more than enough concessions with the national contract.

I would say that lepskilledtrades is bound and determined that Lima doesn't have a local contract. He should come out from behind his computer and help fix the issues or take a buy-out and move on

Lima doesn't have a local contract as of yet! It was voted down by production and trades both by a good margin. Ok mr. know it all how do you fix an IMT program that no one wants other than vote it down? If you are in powertrain you better hope we vote it down the next time cause it will force your plant to accept it. It's no good for anyone!

You must be the Chairman. Leave Lep alone.

Obviously he is doing something, or you wouldn't be here bashing him.

fuck-you-002.jpg

Edited by level

Lima doesn't have a local contract as of yet! It was voted down by production and trades both by a good margin. Ok mr. know it all how do you fix an IMT program that no one wants other than vote it down? If you are in powertrain you better hope we vote it down the next time cause it will force your plant to accept it. It's no good for anyone!

I hear you brother, and the people spoke.

Has Mr lepskilledtrade ever ran for a union position. Its easy to sit back and second guess every decision. How is it that if MWT's are so bad (my bad, thats Cleveland )that he or she is the only person from Lima posting on this topic. And then there's Level who must spend 24 hours a day on blue oval. Makes me feel good that my union dues are going to such a hard working union person. Its a crying shame when somebody that claims to represent us on a national level is trying so hard to get a local contract defeated. Mr King should be very proud.

Has Mr lepskilledtrade ever ran for a union position. Its easy to sit back and second guess every decision. How is it that if MWT's are so bad (my bad, thats Cleveland )that he or she is the only person from Lima posting on this topic. And then there's Level who must spend 24 hours a day on blue oval. Makes me feel good that my union dues are going to such a hard working union person. Its a crying shame when somebody that claims to represent us on a national level is trying so hard to get a local contract defeated. Mr King should be very proud.

I told you before, no one likes this. Now your people told you they don't like it. Maybe you should talk to Dr. Phil.

Calling the kettle black arent we ?? I remember one of your original posts that ended with something to the tune of cooling it on the trashing people and showing respect.

On another thread I said I would not be the one to break the peace between you and I remember? So don't poke me.