New Crown Victoria/Police Interceptor

rmc523

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get past the headlights and the wheels. Too much bling on the wheels and those headlights just look Chargery. Side profile is ok though, definitely needs the Toyota door handle treatment to catch up to the rest of the fleet. Anything looks better than Taurus right now. :reading:

I wanted to give it an aggressive look....the wheels and headlights are actually from the BMW CS Concept.

This is what I would like to see the next Crown Vic to look like.

Thoughts?

Very nice!

But I agree that the headlights look very Charger like.

Do me a favor and see if you can reverse the lamps, (Move the larger driving lamp inboard and the smaller lamp outboard) adjusting the bezel accordingly. Also give the grill a bit of recess. Looking for something that subtly has some Mustang DNA.

I've been trying to draw this myself for about 2 months but am still learning PhotoShop, (very slowly).

Edited by Hemiman

It kinda looks like the 1985-86 Fairmont-based midsized LTD.

324557_16.jpg

The current Crown Victoria always looked like to me they stepped back to pre-Taurus 1980's styling with the last time they facelifted it. It has design language and detailing dating back to the 1983 Tbird. It even looks like a step backward from the original Taurus influenced styling when the was facelifted and adapted the formal notchback roofline of the Grand Marquis in the late 1990's.

Whether or not appropriate Ford styling DNA is used, the chop illustrates a lot of modern design surfacing and styling elements that effectively freshens up the old Crown Vic. Just changing the bumper fascia to something that is more common to current styling fashion makes a difference. The chop also illustrates that changing the surface detailing on the body sides makes the look taut and fresh. Of course not doing this from a clean sheet redesign such changes are not much different than how the Focus and Escape was reskinned.

However, at this late in the game it's a lost cause if the platform disappears in a couple more years unless they are going to keep it around for something other than fleet use. At this point it only has retail appeal to the Panther Mafia... It is even loosing ground with senior citizens.

Edited by Watchdevil

I think the headlights look great, but possibly a bit too aggressive for the geezer brigade that buys the car. The wheels are a bit to bit and tires too low profile.

Back in the day when styling changes were yearly or more frequent it was easy to get many people including older buyers to buy the latest more fashionable look. There are aways going to be people that either love or hate a new or different look. The only thing people will do is select something they feel the most comfortable with.

There is a demographic that would buy that blingier bold look. It is evidenced in the number of older RWD cars that are customized with larger wheels, low profile tires and new paint jobs. These people tend to develop a fondness for such vehicles and when the time comes they are ready and able to buy something new they could stay loyal to the brand.

Edited by Watchdevil

I think the headlights look great, but possibly a bit too aggressive for the geezer brigade that buys the car. The wheels are a bit to big and tires too low profile.

With a modern interpretation, it's quite possible that this new Crown Vic could appeal to younger buyers, thus, being less dependent on the elderly/Panther mafia that do buy these cars for retail. I realize the wheels are a little big, but I wanted to emphasize the aggressive look.

the coolest part? the takedown lights intergrated into the parking light rings. i dig it.

I really like that halo effect for the headlamps.

I read somewhere the turn/parkinglamps are supposed to disappear from the bumper of the Mustang and be integrated into the headlamp housing. It will probably be done Giguaro Mustang style with LED bulbs that blend into the black housings and are not noticable until they are lit.

I read somewhere the turn/parkinglamps are supposed to disappear from the bumper of the Mustang and be integrated into the headlamp housing. It will probably be done Giguaro Mustang style with LED bulbs that blend into the black housings and are not noticable until they are lit.

As I said, I was inspired by BMW's headlights w/ their corona rings, but so I didn't completely steal the idea, I made one of the rings the turn signals.

I'm not sure the lit circle you see in the picture would be bright enough to be the headlight by itself, I intended more for the headlight to be w/in the ring (as in BMWs), but that'd be a cool effect, having the ring be the headlight.

That would look nice on the Mustang, having integrated turn signals in the headlights. As I said on another thread, I believe the new Mustang will be a fusion (no pun intended) of the Giguaro and the original 04 concepts. At least, I think that'd look good.

As I said, I was inspired by BMW's headlights w/ their corona rings, but so I didn't completely steal the idea, I made one of the rings the turn signals.

I'm not sure the lit circle you see in the picture would be bright enough to be the headlight by itself, I intended more for the headlight to be w/in the ring (as in BMWs), but that'd be a cool effect, having the ring be the headlight.

That would look nice on the Mustang, having integrated turn signals in the headlights. As I said on another thread, I believe the new Mustang will be a fusion (no pun intended) of the Giguaro and the original 04 concepts. At least, I think that'd look good.

I guess I didn't word what I stated correctly. I simply meant that I like the halo rings around the headlights. I wouldn't expect them to function just as headlights themselves. I am not sure it's even possible to make just the halo ring itself bright enough to light up the road ahead, but there have been advances in LED technology. The Audi R8 and Lexus LS600H are already using LED's for headlamps with the Cadillac Escalade soon to follow.

When is the Mustang getting it's Gillette grille? :hysterical:

When is the Mustang getting it's Gillette grille? :hysterical:

You know I am really surprised that even some aftermarket specialty parts manufacturer has not made up a 3bar grille insert to sell. Evidently, Mustangers have no desire for such a thing or we would have seen it by now.

I have tried the three bar grille on the Mustang and it is just plain wrong for the car. If you black it out it's like it's just not there so why bother. For a car like the Mustang you just can't stray too far from the few classic grille designs that were used in the past. It will be interesting to see how the Mustang evolves in the future. Coincidently, the Mustang has a large trapazoidal shape that is not unlike what Ford of Europe is adapting to lower intake grilles. The Reflex concept llustrates how Ford of NA will likely combine the 3bar look to the trapazoidal lower intake for use on the new Fiesta.

I guess I didn't word what I stated correctly. I simply meant that I like the halo rings around the headlights. I wouldn't expect them to function just as headlights themselves. I am not sure it's even possible to make just the halo ring itself bright enough to light up the road ahead, but there have been advances in LED technology. The Audi R8 and Lexus LS600H are already using LED's for headlamps with the Cadillac Escalade soon to follow.

I kinda assumed you didn't mean having the halo rings being the headlights, for exactly the reasons you listed, but then again, I suppose anything is possible.