New Crown Victoria/Police Interceptor

rmc523

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I have long said that since Global Rear Wheel Drive (GRWD) chassis is on an indefinite hold, Panther should be updated with a new rear suspension, lifted from Expedition along with some powertrain updates. EcoBoost V6 with 6 speed are all stuff that Ford already has and could be utilized in Panther at a very minimal cost until GRWD is ready, say around 2015-16-ish...

• 3 weeks later...
Hey rmc523, out of curiosity, I notice all these photo renderings from ya, what program do ya use and how do ya do it. It's kinda peeked my interest and was wondering how it's done.

I use Microsoft Paint, believe it or not. I try to take as much stuff I can from either the original car or other cars out there to create whatever I'm trying to make, as I can't really make things look "real" in paint without doing that. Blending colors is usually the most annoying/difficult part of the process for me. There are much easier ways of doing this however, with photoshop and other programs.

For this chop, I took the wheel arches from an F-150, lowered and blended the existing rocker panels, cut the roof down a bit, took the mirrors and door handles from an Edge, took the grille from a Taurus (inverted colors) and took the wheels and headlight rings from the BMW CS Concept, although I made the inner headlight ring orange. I made the headlight clusters and the lower grille using paint tools - they don't look great, but I think they're ok.

I use Microsoft Paint, believe it or not. I try to take as much stuff I can from either the original car or other cars out there to create whatever I'm trying to make, as I can't really make things look "real" in paint without doing that. Blending colors is usually the most annoying/difficult part of the process for me. There are much easier ways of doing this however, with photoshop and other programs.

For this chop, I took the wheel arches from an F-150, lowered and blended the existing rocker panels, cut the roof down a bit, took the mirrors and door handles from an Edge, took the grille from a Taurus (inverted colors) and took the wheels and headlight rings from the BMW CS Concept, although I made the inner headlight ring orange. I made the headlight clusters and the lower grille using paint tools - they don't look great, but I think they're ok.

Really, thanks RMC