New Crown Victoria/Police Interceptor

rmc523

You know I am really surprised that even some aftermarket specialty parts manufacturer has not made up a 3bar grille insert to sell. Evidently, Mustangers have no desire for such a thing or we would have seen it by now.

I have tried the three bar grille on the Mustang and it is just plain wrong for the car. If you black it out it's like it's just not there so why bother. For a car like the Mustang you just can't stray too far from the few classic grille designs that were used in the past. It will be interesting to see how the Mustang evolves in the future. Coincidently, the Mustang has a large trapazoidal shape that is not unlike what Ford of Europe is adapting to lower intake grilles. The Reflex concept llustrates how Ford of NA will likely combine the 3bar look to the trapazoidal lower intake for use on the new Fiesta.

What about in Black Chrome?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I am really surprised that even some aftermarket specialty parts manufacturer has not made up a 3bar grille insert to sell. Evidently, Mustangers have no desire for such a thing or we would have seen it by now.

I have tried the three bar grille on the Mustang and it is just plain wrong for the car. If you black it out it's like it's just not there so why bother. For a car like the Mustang you just can't stray too far from the few classic grille designs that were used in the past. It will be interesting to see how the Mustang evolves in the future. Coincidently, the Mustang has a large trapazoidal shape that is not unlike what Ford of Europe is adapting to lower intake grilles. The Reflex concept llustrates how Ford of NA will likely combine the 3bar look to the trapazoidal lower intake for use on the new Fiesta.

I did a 3 -Bar grill some time ago.....thought it looked good, but it wasn't a Mustang hallmark.

post-19198-1197012083_thumb.jpg

I did a 3 -Bar grill some time ago.....thought it looked good, but it wasn't a Mustang hallmark.

I think the reason why it doesn't work on this rendering is because all the car lines flow down from rear to front then the grille looks just the reverse....you may need to find a different picture of the mustang for the "chop" to work with the flow...just a thought here

Very nice!

Do me a favor and see if you can reverse the lamps, (Move the larger driving lamp inboard and the smaller lamp outboard) adjusting the bezel accordingly. Also give the grill a bit of recess. Looking for something that subtly has some Mustang DNA.

I've been trying to draw this myself for about 2 months but am still learning PhotoShop, (very slowly).

Hey rmc,

Any chance?

Awesome work RMC. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Thanks, I have a Thunderbird drawing I hope to post on here eventually, maybe I'll make a chop of it as well.

I have several chops I'm working on or planning to do, it's tough to find the time to make a good quality chop (made even more difficult b/c I do my chops in paint).

1) The original chop

2) Obviously the Crown Vic

3) Original chop w/ updated trunk lines

4) Original chop w/ reversed healight rings as Hemiman requested

5) A quick Police Interceptor chop (I'll add a top lightbar later)

Nice work I think you should work with ford team design instead of the current ford designers

• 1 month later...

Hey I have a rendering of the Crown Vic for a possible future update/restyling but I'm not completly there yet. Unfortunatly considering I don't have Photoshop on my computer the rendering will be hand drawn. It's looking good so far....

I hope to have it up soon! :stats:

Hey I have a rendering of the Crown Vic for a possible future update/restyling but I'm not completly there yet. Unfortunatly considering I don't have Photoshop on my computer the rendering will be hand drawn. It's looking good so far....

I hope to have it up soon! :stats:

Sounds good, can't wait to see it. It's fine that it's hand drawn, I've posted many drawings on here. I don't have Photoshop either, I simply use MS Paint, and it does take some time, but if you're willing to spend time on a chop, it'll come out looking good.

• 4 weeks later...
Sounds good, can't wait to see it. It's fine that it's hand drawn, I've posted many drawings on here. I don't have Photoshop either, I simply use MS Paint, and it does take some time, but if you're willing to spend time on a chop, it'll come out looking good.

Thanks, It's definitly a work in progress.

oh and I never said thank you for welcoming me to BOF!

so thanks!

Thanks, It's definitly a work in progress.

oh and I never said thank you for welcoming me to BOF!

so thanks!

You're quite welcome, and take your time.

On another note, I just found some of my old drawings.....they're pathetic, I'll try to post them when I get a chance.

• 4 weeks later...