2009 Camaro Spy Shots

TomServo92

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chevy-camaro-3.jpg

Here's the link

Personally, I don't like it. No doubt it will be fast and handle well but the styling just doesn't do it for me (from what I can tell in these pics and the concept). I'm sure the hardcore GM gearheads will love it though.

It has much more aggressive lines than the Mustang, I think it looks great, I am curious to see the refreshening on the Mustang.

I still have a hunch that Dodge's Challenger will have the hottest look of the three for next year. Of course, with an unknown weight and limited availability, it may not be the best performer. I can only imagine what the store copies of Motor Trend and Car & Driver will look like when the pit the Mustang, Camaro and Challenger against each other.

I still have a hunch that Dodge's Challenger will have the hottest look of the three for next year. Of course, with an unknown weight and limited availability, it may not be the best performer. I can only imagine what the store copies of Motor Trend and Car & Driver will look like when the pit the Mustang, Camaro and Challenger against each other.

I could just imagine Motor Trend doing a comparo between the the Camaro, Mustang and Challanger and out of no where the corolla takes the 1st place finish.

chevy-camaro-3.jpg

Here's the link

Personally, I don't like it. No doubt it will be fast and handle well but the styling just doesn't do it for me (from what I can tell in these pics and the concept). I'm sure the hardcore GM gearheads will love it though.

So how does one check their blind spot in one of these narrow slitted side window sport coupes with ultra high beltline? My prediction is that you don't. You change lanes and hope you don't hit anything.

to me something is wrong somewhere, I cant pinpoint it..but something doesn't flow....

Long wheelbase on short body makes the lower half of the car looked stretched in relation to the top half.

If the nose had a bit more length and point, it would look like a 1980s corvette.

Edited by jpd80

Hopefully Pontiac execs are reading and we'll pass this on...

concept_Trans-am.jpg

I want one...please.

Seen that one before, great looking and an awesome idea versus another stupid GTO.

The baby puke orange Camaro I saw at the 2007 Houston Auto Show was definitely better looking in person. But the whole notion of an AU Camaro still just doesn't gel with me at all. :banghead:

Hopefully Pontiac execs are reading and we'll pass this on...

concept_Trans-am.jpg

I want one...please.

Please leave that car in the 1970's...thank you very much!

Anyways....nice to see that we FINALLY have spy shots of the new Camaro...how long has this car been hyped up for without even see a mule of it?

Seen that one before, great looking and an awesome idea versus another stupid GTO.

The baby puke orange Camaro I saw at the 2007 Houston Auto Show was definitely better looking in person. But the whole notion of an AU Camaro still just doesn't gel with me at all. :banghead:

It's not going to be an AU Camaro even though the platform is based on the Zeta platform. North American engineers had plenty of input and it is going to be built in Canada. It is an efficient use of worldwide GM resources.

The Camaro is going to be a great and healthy competitor to the Mustang and if anything it will keep Ford on it's toes in making sure the Mustang will be the best it can be. The Mustang will always be an original icon.

Edited by Watchdevil

So how does one check their blind spot in one of these narrow slitted side window sport coupes with ultra high beltline? My prediction is that you don't. You change lanes and hope you don't hit anything.

I don't really see where the complaints come from about blind spots on cars with high beltlines. I've been in plenty of Corvettes where the beltline dang near comes up to your neck and I've had no trouble seeing out of the sides of those. The most limiting factor in blind spot viewing is the location/size of the B- and C-pillars, no so much the height of the glass. After all, you don't need to see how TALL the car next to you is, just that there is indeed a car there. I have a MUCH easier time checking the blind spots in my Mustang than I do in my Mazda6, despite there being twice as much glass and a higher seating position in the Mazda.

Long wheelbase on short body makes the lower half of the car looked stretched in relation to the top half.

If the nose had a bit more length and point, it would look like a 1980s corvette.

real high beltline too....smallish window areas...could be claustrophobic...could be, this of course is all hearsay due to the camo job..just to me right now looks heavy handed.....

Edited by Deanh

I'm sure Consumer Reports will lambast each and every one of the pony cars and recommend the Honda Civic Si or Volkwagen R32 instead. Sad to say, some just don't get it.

The Truth About Cars will call it "supremely uncool" and put it on their 10 worst cars list just above the Mustang and Challenger. They will then suggest we all buy a Prius instead.