2009 Camaro Spy Shots

TomServo92

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets just hope shelby rolls out a real gt350 and not that wannabe shelbyGT..i swear i just do not get ford marketing..we want the cars yet they refuse to build...

Yeah, damn Ford for giving us a 450+ horsepower GT500 instead!! Nobody wanted that! And those Shelby GT's are just collecting dust on showroom floors. And damn you again Ford for allowing 3rd party manfucturers like Roush, Steeda, and Saleen to get their hands on your cars and offer up some of the most appealing and best-performing Mustangs of all time!!! BASTARDS!! :rolleyes:

Well he does make a good point Nick. There's nothing really spectacular about the Shelby GT as opposed to a regular GT. Uuuuu, 25 horsepower and some suspension stuff. It surely doesn't warrant the thousands more you pay for it. It's just buying a name.

Well, I understand griping about some of the dealer markups, but the price of the package itself as listed by Ford isn't entirely unreasonable.

Yeah, damn Ford for giving us a 450+ horsepower GT500 instead!! Nobody wanted that! And those Shelby GT's are just collecting dust on showroom floors. And damn you again Ford for allowing 3rd party manfucturers like Roush, Steeda, and Saleen to get their hands on your cars and offer up some of the most appealing and best-performing Mustangs of all time!!! BASTARDS!! :rolleyes:

Yeah, Ford is holding Shelby back. He just wants to build cars. He doesn't even care about licensing fees. He just wants to build cars and help sick children. And take over the SAAC. And make chili.

Stupid Ford!

Edited by Moby Vic

Well he does make a good point Nick. There's nothing really spectacular about the Shelby GT as opposed to a regular GT. Uuuuu, 25 horsepower and some suspension stuff. It surely doesn't warrant the thousands more you pay for it. It's just buying a name.

What do you expect it to be? If you want godawful power, get a GT500.

It has much more aggressive lines than the Mustang, I think it looks great, I am curious to see the refreshening on the Mustang.

All three have the "Mustang long hood/short deck" look with high doors. They all look like the electric AFX model race cars we had as kids...they "kinda" looked like the real thing, but chunkier due to packaging. But the Challenger and Camaro are notchback coupes. The Camaro looks like a new 70 Barracuda to me!

Still, the Mustang has the history and customer base. And the styling heritage......the Challenger/Camaro are interchangable except for grill/tail lights.

What do you expect it to be? If you want godawful power, get a GT500.

What do I expect it to be? I expect it to be a Shelby. Remember when a Shelby Mustang really was head and shoulders above a regular Mustang GT?

gt5000_9w.jpg

If that means there are two 500 horsepower Mustangs then that's what it should be. A 25 horsepower gain and some suspension mods for another 3 grand is an insult to both the customer and the Shelby name.

Then again, look who we're talking about it's Ford, the people who are going to bring us some wussy ass FWD, unibody Bronco. I shouldn't be surprised I guess. lol

What do I expect it to be? I expect it to be a Shelby. Remember when a Shelby Mustang really was head and shoulders above a regular Mustang GT?

Back then there were Shelby GT350 (289/302/351) or GT500 (427/428/428CJ). SO in 1968 it was possible for a Mustang GT (390 FE) to be faster than a GT350 (302).

gt5000_9w.jpg

If that means there are two 500 horsepower Mustangs then that's what it should be. A 25 horsepower gain and some suspension mods for another 3 grand is an insult to both the customer and the Shelby name.

Then again, look who we're talking about it's Ford, the people who are going to bring us some wussy ass FWD, unibody Bronco. I shouldn't be surprised I guess. lol

A 500 Hp Shelby GT and a 500 Hp Shelby GT500....yeah...that makes a great deal of sense.

gt5000_9w.jpg

Blackhorse, IIRC the '67 GT 350 was rated at 306 hp with the 289 hi-po and the GT 500 was rated at 335 hp with the 428, that is a spread of 29 hp. Granted, both motors were probably under-rated at the time. They would be over-rated today based on the new system. If they had called the GT the GT 350 the 325 hp would be about right.

It makes no sense to have two 500 hp Shelbys.

Back then there were Shelby GT350 (289/302/351) or GT500 (427/428/428CJ). SO in 1968 it was possible for a Mustang GT (390 FE) to be faster than a GT350 (302).

Yeah I know, but you're kinda missing the point. When someone thinks about a Shelby Mustang, it conjurs up images of a Mustang that wasn't just any ordinary Mustang. It was a truly bad ass Mustang. Now it might help them if they offered both the 325 hp model as well as the 500 hp model in the current stang but they don't. So to me it's just a big let down. There's nothing that carries on the Shelby heritage of being a truly bad ass Mustang about a 325 horsepower version and that's it, that's all they offer. Big whoop. I can get 25 more horsepower in my driveway with a retune and a CAI.

There is where you are wrong, where else can you get a car that has sat in the desert filthy and with shoddy upfits with some (has been) name on it only to confuse people with the GT500 with all the balls.

Yeah I know, but you're kinda missing the point. When someone thinks about a Shelby Mustang, it conjurs up images of a Mustang that wasn't just any ordinary Mustang. It was a truly bad ass Mustang. Now it might help them if they offered both the 325 hp model as well as the 500 hp model in the current stang but they don't. So to me it's just a big let down. There's nothing that carries on the Shelby heritage of being a truly bad ass Mustang about a 325 horsepower version and that's it, that's all they offer. Big whoop. I can get 25 more horsepower in my driveway with a retune and a CAI.

What the heck are you talking about? There are Shelby GT's (325 HP) and GT500's (450 HP) and soon to be GT500KR's (480 HP) all available at the same time. If you want more power than the Shelby GT, step up to a higher-end Shelby -- EXACTLY like you had to do 40 years ago if you wanted something truly special. Don't whine about what the base level Shelby offers.

There is where you are wrong, where else can you get a car that has sat in the desert filthy and with shoddy upfits with some (has been) name on it only to confuse people with the GT500 with all the balls.

LOL, That's funny. Obviously smeone is ignorant of the fact that if there was no Carroll Shelby, there wouldn't also be a car named GT-500. Not bad for a has been. lol

What the heck are you talking about? There are Shelby GT's (325 HP) and GT500's (450 HP) and soon to be GT500KR's (480 HP) all available at the same time. If you want more power than the Shelby GT, step up to a higher-end Shelby -- EXACTLY like you had to do 40 years ago if you wanted something truly special. Don't whine about what the base level Shelby offers.

Ah, well that's where I was wrong then. I was under the impression that the only Shelby Ford was offering was the 325 hp model. But as you say they are not so I stand corrected. That's good then. I don't keep up as much as I should on the modern stang because frankly I just don't like the body style. Anyway thanks Nick.

all over this one because the regular Shelby package...SUCKS! gimme the Bullit over that any day of the week, tasteful and no hodgepodge mis aligned add on cosmetics. One thing I will say is that as much as I appreciate SE Mustangs...they sure do scrimp on the "Special" part...the bang doesn't run even with the bling....my opinion is SE's should have a JUSTIFIABLE power bump...15-20hp is laughable....50-75hp should be the bar.....

Edited by Deanh

Nick..GT500s are 500hp....I beleive that is what the 500 in the GT500 means....480 is torque....no idea on the KR's yet, i know the Supersnakes were 600 ho ( a mere 25k more I beleive )

LOL, That's funny. Obviously smeone is ignorant of the fact that if there was no Carroll Shelby, there wouldn't also be a car named GT-500. Not bad for a has been. lol

Or Omni Shelby or FWD Charger Shelby or suing the only organization that ever tried to promote the good performance cars that he actually did build.

No I'm not. You can pick your flavor of Shelby from 325 HP (still nothing to sneeze at) to (soon) 720 HP. (Dyno was reported to be 680 HP). Still, it went up in smoke, only a 1/2 sec quicker than the regular KR.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/over-the-back-fen...2000-265974.php

Edited by timmm55

Nick..GT500s are 500hp....I beleive that is what the 500 in the GT500 means....480 is torque....no idea on the KR's yet, i know the Supersnakes were 600 ho ( a mere 25k more I beleive )

My bad. Still have the preliminary figures running through my head from years ago. So the KR is what 530 HP?