2009 Camaro Spy Shots

TomServo92

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or Omni Shelby or FWD Charger Shelby or suing the only organization that ever tried to promote the good performance cars that he actually did build.

Rightly so, Ford did not come up with the name GT350 and if they want to use it on one of their cars they should do the right thing and either get permission from Shelby or offer some money for the rights to it.

(BlackHorse @ Dec 12 2007, 03:07 PM) *

Rightly so, Ford did not come up with the name GT350 and if they want to use it on one of their cars they should do the right thing and either get permission from Shelby or offer some money for the rights to it.

Do you know they didn't?

I think BlackHorse misunderstood you. You seem to be referring to the SAAC lawsuit, while he seems to be referring to the suit over the 20th anniversary 1984 Mustangs (the ones with the red rocker-panel stripes with "GT350" in them.)

Do you know they didn't?

I think BlackHorse misunderstood you. You seem to be referring to the SAAC lawsuit, while he seems to be referring to the suit over the 20th anniversary 1984 Mustangs (the ones with the red rocker-panel stripes with "GT350" in them.)

You are exactly right!

Do you know they didn't?

That's right, I was in fact referring to the 20th Anniversay Stangs.

wow that got chunky quick looks about a foot taller then the concept(its higher then the roof of the cars next to it). The Challenger is much better looking. I knew this was going to turn into a lego car after production features were incorporated. If they are at a 2010 launch, these are production panels on the vehicle, it should be 90% done two years from production. It has the same front brake calipers as the Mustang. I wish Mustangs had that kind of curb clearance, looks like my edge.

Edited by kevinb120

That's right, I was in fact referring to the 20th Anniversay Stangs.

What, Ford allows Shelby to get rich riding on Ford development dollars then he sues later for stickers?? Now he's back weaning on the teat 'designing' cars with Ford. Gotta love it. For 60's cars I'm a die-hard GM guy, so I'm not exactly excited about Shelby stuff. Although my '87 Shelby Charger was cool at the time :)

Edited by kevinb120

Shelby sued in the '80s. I think the reference is to that lawsuit, not a new one.

I think he also sued over the Cobra II in the '70s.

I think that the reference to the lawsuit I was talking about is for the current SAAC club being sued by the snake of a man Carrol Shelby.

That is the main reason I think that the top of the line mustang should be labeled SVT or FPV or anything other that a name that no longer has any real meaning. He would put the name Shelby on a Prius if it would line his bank account.

Its probably a guarantee that the next Mustang will be heavier than the current one. They just keep getting heavier and heavier...all cars seem to be. Just something to deal with.

Well they get safer and quieter, hard to do that by taking away material. Mustang's are NOT that heavy, look up curb weights on German coupes. I looked at all these photos again and its really hard to pass judgement on the car until its in the flesh. Styling is subjective, and I think the Camaro concept looks like crap, but thats another story. Doesn't matter, the Mustang's sales won't change because of it, never has, never will.

Mustangs may not be that heavy compared to German coupes, but compared to previous Mustangs they are genuinely porky.

My '95 GTS—which I thought was too heavy when I bought it compared to my '91 LX 5.0 hatchback—seems like a flyweight with its 3183 lb shipping weight now.

I finally drove an S197 GT today (actually a GT/CS). It felt more like driving my '01 Crown Vic than like driving my '95 Mustang.