MKX Hybrid?

FordBuyer

Ford announced today that it would be bringing out new MKX Hybrid with its new Milan/Fusion Hybrid. News to me and surprised to see that info. Anyone else hear this? Article said Fusion/Milan/MKX will use third generation hybrid system and Hybrid Edge will bring on fourth generation.

that is probably a typo with MKZ ... the Cd3's will use SECOND gen hybrid

MKX and Edge will use the same hybrid system - THIRD gen V6 system. they should be out in 2010 model - 1 year after the CD3's.

Igor

that is probably a typo with MKZ ... the Cd3's will use SECOND gen hybrid

MKX and Edge will use the same hybrid system - THIRD gen V6 system. they should be out in 2010 model - 1 year after the CD3's.

Igor

So the MKZ is going hybrid also? I didn't know that. I thought it was just Fusion/Milan. I thought the 2008 Escape was second generation hybrid and Fusion will be third generation.

Yikes, Ford has taken their sweet time getting hybrids into these cars. Everybody, including GM, is blowing past Ford's hybrid program even though Ford was an early adopter.

compare GM's BAS and Ford Hybrid and you will see why - GM's BAS is a joke.

That said, the 2mode is a great system, but we will have to wait for another 2 years or so before it comes in any car that is not a 1/5 ton truck or SUV.

Igor

Yikes, Ford has taken their sweet time getting hybrids into these cars. Everybody, including GM, is blowing past Ford's hybrid program even though Ford was an early adopter.

BORG haven't we discussed this many times over? As igor mentioned the BAS system is quite the joke, and there are plenty of 4 cylinder midsize cars on the market that acheive similar if not better fuel economy. If Ford were to utilize a similar system on the CD3s you people would have gone ape s**t around here.

So the MKZ is going hybrid also? I didn't know that. I thought it was just Fusion/Milan. I thought the 2008 Escape was second generation hybrid and Fusion will be third generation.

It would make sense. If done right Lincoln can use this in advertising; it will be a good way to show how it is different when looking at a Lexus, "A hybrid that is used to help the planet, not let you go faster" It will also give them the Highest Mileage Cleanest Luxury Car currently sold in the world.