Successor

MKM

Progress

Make Woopee

Inspire

Kinetic

Vertex

or Headland.

Just a few ideas... and yes one of them was for giggles!

Also, judging by the article, is Mercury quietly on it's way to mostly Fleet? Unless maybe Mullaly is simply let Mercury stay neutral for now.

Better than bringing up old names from the past like...Shelby Super Free

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...st&p=272949

And here: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...st&p=272945 where your use of old fashioned urban slang definitely implies agreement with the proposition referenced.

Or actually I was agreeing with C&D when they say it should go back to Fairlane.

Actually...scrap both Flex and Fairlane. It should be called the Ford xB, and the Lincoln MKxB

Edited by P71_CrownVic

We're stuck waiting the unbearable (in this internet age) 4 weeks until the embargo's over before we can feast our eyes on the almost assuredly bad Ford press photography.

After that it will be about a month of bickering over engines, along with countless "Those bastards never built the 427 either!!!" posts.

And, inevitably, someone will say, "Lincoln is becoming Buick" along with, "I just don't see any future for Mercury."

Why?

Because as Anais Nin said, "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are."

Well I just hope it looks a lot different than the Flex cause I'm already board of the way the Flex looks. :shades:

Oh and the post about the slang term Flex had been used for got me thinking so I went to urban dictionary for slang meanings for the word Flex - some make sense, and seem good.

1. Flex 144 up, 35 down

As far as urban slang, the definition is "to show off." Used by many rappers, most notable Ice Cube and the Geto Boys. Originated in the urban community, and has been used for quite some time.

"...no flexin', didn't even look in the nearest direction as I ran the intersection. (This is said because Ice is trying to get away from some people who tried to kill him the other day In the song, of course)" -Ice Cube, "It Was a Good Day"

by The Boston Rag Feb 27, 2005 email it

permalink: del.icio.us

Send to a friend

your email:

their email:

send me the word of the day (it's free)

2. Flex 4 thumbs up

A ghetto synonym to flirt.

Flex sounds better in a song and has a more distinct flow to flirt.

Also it can be a conversation starter

Boy "Wassup shorty, mind if i flex with you?"

(normally if he said flirt, she'd slap him)

Girl "hey, whats flex?"

Boy "Well its...

20 minutes later they're having sex

tags flirt flexx flexxx felx flecks chirps

by HizzyBwoy London Nov 10, 2007 email it

3. Flex 70 up, 67 down

To run sexual tings

"dat gurl wanna run flexxes wit me"

"u wanna flex"

by Angel Feb 21, 2003 email it

4. flex 9 up, 10 down

To exit or flee an place, gathering, or event.

Similar to the word "bounce."

Bigger Crew Boss: "Why don't you fellas stick around for a little while?"

Smaller Crew Boss: "Nah. We gotsta flex."

tags bounce peace leave exit flee

by Heroic Flow Montreal Jun 6, 2007 email it

5. flex 38 up, 41 down

To chill or have a gathering of friends. Usually invovles alcohol or illegal substances (usually weed). Mostly done on weekends or after school.

"That was a live flex."

"She wants to have a flex this weekend at the park."

"That flex sucked."

tags chill hang out juicing smoking teens

by Mayebella Toronto Mar 20, 2006 email it

6. Flex 9 up, 13 down

A FLEX is when a man meets up with a women, with the intention of escalating the situation sexually with the goal of getting laid.

Often times flex's are arranged via the internet, with people who have never met in person before, but have pre-arranged to have sex via the mircale that is the internet.

Im going on a flex tonight.

OR

That flex last night was weak.

OR

The girl on that flex last night did not give me what I expected.

tags sex date women men meeting

by TrickDa1a mississauga Apr 18, 2007 email it

7. Flex 29 up, 33 down

1. The preliminary acts to beating someone's ass.

A flex occurs when a trick ass mark is being a silly bitch and he/she recieves the big show.

That mark ass trick just scuffed my shoes, I'm about to flex his bitch ass.

A primary subject of recieving flexxing would be Alain P. because that dumb beaner is always running his mouf.

Exactly my point. When Ford =doesn't= resurrect a heritage name, they're wrong, and when Ford =does= resurrect a heritage name, they're wrong. Your insistence that Fairlane is smart and Montego is stupid has the slight odor of hypocrisy.

Iono, Fairlane is a known Ford name, Montego on the other hand... eh not so much.

KNOW BY WHOM?

Target customers? NO.

Sheesh, lay off the pot man. It's not good 4 u or Mr.T

Yes, not much people know the Fairlane, but still a lot of Fordies will recognize it. Add to that they're killing the Fairlane down there, I feel like the name must keep going.

Although I have to admit I have gotten used to the Flex and I hate Ford's flipflop crap.

Exactly my point. When Ford =doesn't= resurrect a heritage name, they're wrong, and when Ford =does= resurrect a heritage name, they're wrong. Your insistence that Fairlane is smart and Montego is stupid has the slight odor of hypocrisy.

I NEVER said that that the Montego name was stupid. I said that changing the name FROM Montego and Five Hundred was a stupid, bonehead move.

I NEVER said that that the Montego name was stupid. I said that changing the name FROM Montego and Five Hundred was a stupid, bonehead move.

Oh. So we're back to "whatever Ford does is stupid"; at least that removes the stink of hypocrisy from over you, and leaves you as Mr. Sunshine McHappy Feet, the cheerfulest guy on the whole wide board; the guy who comes here only to grouse and complain and whine and moan and buy into the stupidest rumors whenever they surface.

Edited by RichardJensen

No, that's not what you said.

That is what I said, your brain just can't comprehend it.

Read slower:

You said...

"Why restrict ourselves to dead Ford products?"

And I said

"Ford seem A-OK with it when they foolishly renamed the Five Hundred and Montego."

Now granted the Five hundred and Montego are previously used Ford names, but they don't have the tarnished reputation of the Taurus and Sable.

Oh. So we're back to "whatever Ford does is stupid"; at least that removes the stink of hypocrisy from over you, and leaves you as Mr. Sunshine McHappy Feet, the cheerfulest guy on the whole wide board; the guy who comes here only to grouse and complain and whine and moan and buy into the stupidest rumors whenever they surface.

Did it work...NO!

"Lets reuse a name on this capable car that we neglected for many years and let rot on the vine".

Do you thin it was a smart move?

Of course you do...because everything Ford does is the right thing and God himself could not have made a better decision.

Meh. There's no news here. It allegedly has an awkward back end. It allegedly will be called the MKT (a bad name, IMO). We have no idea about price or engines.

We're stuck waiting the unbearable (in this internet age) 4 weeks until the embargo's over before we can feast our eyes on the almost assuredly bad Ford press photography.

After that it will be about a month of bickering over engines, along with countless "Those bastards never built the 427 either!!!" posts.

And, inevitably, someone will say, "Lincoln is becoming Buick" along with, "I just don't see any future for Mercury."

Why?

Because as Anais Nin said, "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are."

the Lincoln MRT....i pity da fool.....

It is clear that not only did the Taurus not have any equity in it, it actually had negative equity in it. Here we have a car that is better, looks nicer but did worst than thje 500 because of its name IMO. Mullaly was wrong the Taurus name had 0 equity left thanks to Nassar.

It is clear that not only did the Taurus not have any equity in it, it actually had negative equity in it. Here we have a car that is better, looks nicer but did worst than thje 500 because of its name IMO. Mullaly was wrong the Taurus name had 0 equity left thanks to Nassar.

Right.

And I spoke to two dealers about the name change. They gave me the same response: "brand recognition." I think the execs in Dearborn programmed them to say that.

Right.

And I spoke to two dealers about the name change. They gave me the same response: "brand recognition." I think the execs in Dearborn programmed them to say that.

Brand recognition with what? A car that was allowed to rot on the vine without any substantial updates for 10 or so years?

Not the type of recognition I want.