December Sales

silvrsvt

Just a placeholder for December's Sales Results that I'm assuming will be out tomorrow....

I saw an article stating that Ford's sales will be down 10% for the month...lets see how wrong or right they are...so far they haven't been able to hit the market for a worth of damn...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a placeholder for December's Sales Results that I'm assuming will be out tomorrow....

I saw an article stating that Ford's sales will be down 10% for the month...lets see how wrong or right they are...so far they haven't been able to hit the market for a worth of damn...

My prediction is same as November...flat. The analysts who make the prediction probably don't know Ford doesn't have year to year comparisons with old Taurus anymore. As for tomorrow, I'm thinking Thursday for sales report, not tomorrow, which is first day back at work.

The best I have them is down 8%. The F-150 had a pretty good month last year (granted, most Decembers are strong), but I can't imagine that there will be the volume in the Fusion, Edge and Focus will make up for the F-150, Escape (I think it will be down from a good Dec '06), E-series, Ranger, Mustang and Five Hundred/Taurus.

We'll see soon.

I say that trucks will again be down, while cars and crossovers will either be flat or only slightly down.

You expect crossovers to be flat or down as well? Hmm.

I think I'll go against you here, I think crossover sales will be up. I suppose we'll see for sure when the results come out.

You expect crossovers to be flat or down as well? Hmm.

I think I'll go against you here, I think crossover sales will be up. I suppose we'll see for sure when the results come out.

I agree with you. I would think that the worst crossover sales would be is flat. Car sales should be at least flat as well.

Down 9% from last year, but up from November 2007.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=27379

Wow, as horrible as last Decembers sales were you'd think the only way they could go is up..

So I guess that razor blade grill isn't working, new product is what works, the Flex can't get here soon enough..

Edited by Blueblood

Quick thoughts...

The Taurus didn't do too badly last month...maybe its finally starting to take off? Still would rather see it sell in the 10K a month catagory

The Mustang, Expedition and F-150 got beat up pretty bad in December from last year..

Explorer sales are down 25% for the year..ouch

Taurus, Taurus X picking up. Edge, Fusion good. Not that good overall. Can see the impact of gas prices in F150/Expedition. What happened to Lincoln this month?

Comparing the Taurus X/Freestyle to the previous years Freestyle, there is a 45% increase. Not bad for a neglected step-child with no advertising.

Taurus, Taurus X picking up. Edge, Fusion good. Not that good overall. Can see the impact of gas prices in F150/Expedition. What happened to Lincoln this month?

No Town Cars to sell. Last December, Lincoln sold over 5,000 Town Cars, and this month virtually none since TC production starts this month.