2009 Dodge Ram

wescoent

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I'm impressed with the interior for sure. The exterior is improved over the previous model as well, has a nice clean look to it. I love the dual exhaust out the back from the factory.

Edit: I agree with your comment on the interior, very F-150-ish. However, it's such a step up from the previous RAM. The V8 power has me worried about the 2009 F-150 offerings. It seems that 360-380hp is going to be the benchmark.

Edited by 02MustangGT

Very impressive!! I know that there's a lot of loyalty to Ford on here. I myself am very Ford biased, but have demonstrated that I will buy outside of the blue oval when I like something. The 2009 Dodge Ram may not take on Ford or GM in sales, but from what I've seen, I think you may be looking at the best looking, best packaged half-ton truck on the market upon its debut. I seriously cannot yet spot one thing that I do not like about it. The interior is absolutely amazing. The exterior carries over the Dodge-trademark look much better than I expected it to. On top of this, the Hemi is getting bumped to 380 horsepower!

Chrysler needed something big and I think they've found it. If this new Ram has the reliability built into it, this truck will be an out of the park home run for Chrysler. I know my '03 has been great and August will make 5 years of ownership. If the new truck is built even better and will offer even better build quality, it will be a serious sales threat...at least in the retail business.

Very nice indeed...I already thought the Ram's exterior looks have been the best of the domestics since 2002, this concrete's it. Now if they can only get their MPG's up.....

Congrats GM...the ass-end of the Sierra will no longer look like the ass-end of the Ram....it's just pathetic it took Dodge having to change their truck in order to redistinquish itself away from the GMC that copied it.

i still think its one of the more half assed redesigns in recent time (externally anyway)

Interior looks good, but the radio looks like the one in my Ranger. thats not a good thing either.

i like the bed storage. its kinda cool to have a utility bed that doesnt look like one.

From the current PUTC article it states that aside from the current Ram, the designers took styling cues from the Dodge Charger on the front end and an exterior profile of the F-150, but with a lower reach over that has been a complaint levied against the 2004+ Ford since its introduction. It also mentions in the article that Dodge seemed to take inspiration from both the GM trucks and a bit of F-150 to bring the interior together.

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/autoshows/...odge/page1.html

From the current PUTC article it states that aside from the current Ram, the designers took styling cues from the Dodge Charger on the front end and an exterior profile of the F-150, but with a lower reach over that has been a complaint levied against the 2004+ Ford since its introduction. It also mentions in the article that Dodge seemed to take inspiration from both the GM trucks and a bit of F-150 to bring the interior together.

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/autoshows/...odge/page1.html

Hey...what ever works...

Here is my favorite design feature...

dg009_073rm.jpg

dg009_006rm.jpg

Those pipes look great...along with the whole truck. A+++

See the whole 83 pic gallery here:

Click

Who would have though that the 09 F-150 release would get ruined by the Ram??? They must be wetting their pants in Dearborn right now. 380 horsepower Hemi, while Ford has a carry over 5.4, along with the same old styling wit a huge hideous Super Duty like grill wedged between the Edge-like headlights.. They even leapfrogged the F-150 interior..

That actually is pretty damned nice, especially in light of that fact that it's a Chrysler product. That interior is actually quite nice, still a lot of hard plastics, but they did a good job of giving it a good look and accenting it well with the chrome and what not. Job well done Dodge guys. Also I have to agree with the poster about the Tundra comment. Personally the Tundra would be 4th on my list anyway, with the F150 being the preferred option in a full size truck. But this new Dodge puts Tundra even further in last place and it could be a real challenge to the F150 appeal wise. Very difficult to unseat the reigning pick up truck king however.

Gosh this thing is ugly on the outside!! Inside looks good though. Reminds me of the interior of a Titan. Good to see Dodge put in an engine with enough power to take on the Tundra's 5.7L V8. Why oh why did they still go with a tiny 6.5 or 7 inch Nav screen?? In a truck this size, i would think an 8 inch screen should be standard!

Edited by Ford??-LOL!

Who would have though that the 09 F-150 release would get ruined by the Ram??? They must be wetting their pants in Dearborn right now. 380 horsepower Hemi, while Ford has a carry over 5.4, along with the same old styling wit a huge hideous Super Duty like grill wedged between the Edge-like headlights.. They even leapfrogged the F-150 interior..

+1 I like it. I have never been a big Dodge fan but this is worth taking a hard look at. Dodge got this one right. If these things are reliable then this will be a hit for Dodge.

I think Dodge did a good job with the truck, it looks good.

I'm not a big fan of the front end, though. I like the integrated factory dual exhaust as well. I also like the concept of the storage bins on the top of the bed walls, although it appears that it will cut into actual bed space.

The interior looks 10000 times better than anything Dodge has produced recently, and even if it is still hard touch plastics for the most part (which it appears to be), it does look nice.

Somebody metioned something about the Dodge moving away from the 'copycat' Sierra, do me, the taillights look even more like Sierra's now.

I see they're copying Ford's beige-colored lower panels and wheel well trim.

I'd easily take this anyday over a hideous Tundra.

Also, a poster mentioned that this doesn't appear to be a fully thought out redesign, I disagree. If you look at the truck the entire roofline was changed, the entire front was changed the entire rear was changed, then entire interior was changed, along w/ new powertrains. I don't know what truck you're looking at.

Again, Dodge did a great job w/ this new truck (I'd still take an F-150 though).

Wow. I appears that they stylists finally woke up after the abomination that is the Sebring.

Very very nice. :shades: Kudos to Chrysler on this one. The front end looks very aggressive and the pipes coming out of the back look great. The storage over the wheels are a great idea.

Good job. Hope the upcoming F150 is as good.

Also, a poster mentioned that this doesn't appear to be a fully thought out redesign, I disagree. If you look at the truck the entire roofline was changed, the entire front was changed the entire rear was changed, then entire interior was changed, along w/ new powertrains. I don't know what truck you're looking at.

Me? I just feel the exterior styling wasn't enough of a radical departure from the previous gen. it looks like a simple freshening (this one is all new right?) on the outside. My only real complaints with it are the overly bland exterior (i still think it looks half assed) and the ugly radio. Other than that i actually like it. The interior is nice looking, the engines sound like theyll be on mark, and ithink the bedside storage is a neat little idea. Maybe in person it will look better. Still, id also take one over a Tundra.

Hmm, id take a Ranger, Frontier, Titan, Dakota, Colorado, Tacoma even, over a Tundra.

Edited by Sixt9coug

I think Chrysler did an amazing job on this Dodge Ram, especially when you look at the recently facelifted Dodge Dakota. I almost got the same feeling when I saw this truck as when I first saw the 2004 F150, which I think is simply gorgeous and a proud owner of. Glad to see the taillights don't have that round bug-eye look to them.

The Dodge is head and shoulder above the rest in looks. In reliability, I think Ford/GM have the rest beat hands down. Good looks aren't everything, but the features are great. Ford better look out. Dodge is coming up fast. It's got the horse power to beat Toyota and Nissan, Chevy is ugly, and GMC is a wannabe whatever it is you looking for elsewhere. Ford has the holdover engine, tranny and staid looks. Conservative styling used to be key in the truck world. But this is twenty years later, and conservative styling has been on it's way out for the entire time. This Dodge looks like something! But anyone that wants 20 mpg better look elsewhere, it isn't going to be anything with 380 H.P.

I wonder, if they have the deluxe folding tailgate?

Edited by jonas1022

The Dodge is head and shoulder above the rest in looks. In reliability, I think Ford/GM have the rest beat hands down. Good looks aren't everything, but the features are great. Ford better look out. Dodge is coming up fast. It's got the horse power to beat Toyota and Nissan, Chevy is ugly, and GMC is a wannabe whatever it is you looking for elsewhere. Ford has the holdover engine, tranny and staid looks. Conservative styling used to be key in the truck world. But this is twenty years later, and conservative styling has been on it's way out for the entire time. This Dodge looks like something! But anyone that wants 20 mpg better look elsewhere, it isn't going to be anything with 380 H.P.

The F150 doesn't have a hold over tranny, and the 09 is certainly not staid looking.

I think Chrysler did an amazing job on this Dodge Ram, especially when you look at the recently facelifted Dodge Dakota. I almost got the same feeling when I saw this truck as when I first saw the 2004 F150, which I think is simply gorgeous and a proud owner of. Glad to see the taillights don't have that round bug-eye look to them.

I too think they did a good job on it. I'm also glad to see them drop those hideous round bug-eye lights.

X2

IMO, since the 03 Ram, Dodge has been more about looks than overall "truckiness", but that's my opinion.

I think the new F-150 looks great too.

As suv_guy said, the F-150 doesn't have a carry-over transmission. It will have the Expedition's 6-speed standard on ALL models. Also, the 5.4 is supposedly getting some improvements that should result in a slightly higher hp rating than it currently has (I've heard 325 hp). A new engine (I can't remember which, though)will debut 6 months after launch as well.

Edited by rmc523