2009 Dodge Ram

wescoent

That's not too bad, actually. I haven't really liked any version of the Ram's big-rig front-end, but that's the best one so far. Lots of clever touches, something Chrysler has always been good at. I don't think that interior is any better than the current or coming F-Series, but it's certainly on par. That exhaust is similar to what I'm going to do on my Ranger.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey...what ever works...

Here is my favorite design feature...

dg009_073rm.jpg

dg009_006rm.jpg

Those pipes look great...along with the whole truck. A+++

See the whole 83 pic gallery here:

Click

Good call on the exhaust..I missed that in the photos. I was worried too after seeing a new Caravan in the flesh the other day...it actually looks worse than the pics I saw before hand....like new Taurus worse. :ohsnap:

i just put my deposit down on the new dodge ram...dealer did have $12,000 adm markup due to demand..thats what i got from the salesman...i thought that was fair for such a vehicle..seriously ford is great..now i have to chose between the ram and the f150 for my new truck...i love em both equally..just like kids

i just put my deposit down on the new dodge ram...dealer did have $12,000 adm markup due to demand..thats what i got from the salesman...i thought that was fair for such a vehicle..seriously ford is great..now i have to chose between the ram and the f150 for my new truck...i love em both equally..just like kids

With the past generation Ram's reliability record, I would be willing to try a Ram. It looks great, has a fantastic interior, does NOT have incredibly ugly tail lights, and doesn't rely on gimmicks to sell. Combine that with the power from the HEMI...and you have a winner.

I think Dodge is going to see a huge sales increase because of this new Ram.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

The rear of the crew cab is finally bigger, too. But the front door is smaller and, as usual, they made the bed even smaller. Soccer moms rejoice!

dodge-ram-laramie-49.jpg

Better looking than the new F150, but still by no means a good looking truck. I will give props, however to the exaust pipes pushed up into the rear bumper, though.

Edited by jd87

Looks good, the front grill is somewhat of an improvement over the last version.....but it's odd. It looks more like it's in pain than agressive.

I don't like the front end either. I dont like the grille or how the bumper appears to 'melt'/blend into the fog lamps. I like how Ford has the black housing around them that fills the space between the bumper/foglamp.

The exterior is a pretty tepid restyle of the 2007 model, definitely not in the same league as the ground-breaking 1994 Ram. The interior is nice and contemporary, some nice features too. Don't know about the coil spring rear suspension though. Probably gives a better ride than a leaf-spring rear suspension truck but doubt if it will be as robust for those who need a work truck (BTW, coil spring rear susupension is not a new idea. GM used a coil spring rear suspension back in the early 1960's for both Chevy and GMC trucks but went back to leafs a few years later).

Why is it a joke? If you need to haul more than that...you can buy a 2500 or even a 3500.

You can't imagine that some poeple may need a truck for regular duty most of the time and then occasionally must have more capability, like when we load down our 89 F150 with 2500lbs. People sometimes need capability heavy capability. They may not need it all the time. That is why this class of truck needs to be capable.

i am buying either ford or dodge..all i care about is having room to hold the 4 wheeler and occasional load of dirt...i do not need a true work truck with massive amounts of payload..if i did i would buy the f250 or dodge 2500...these 2 trucks are finally designed for intended audience,,,city slickers and soccer mommies...you can bash the ram or f150 all you want..nobody will give a crap because they both look terrific and are what we have been asking for for years-dodge and ford seem to have finally gotten it..

The rear of the crew cab is finally bigger, too. But the front door is smaller and, as usual, they made the bed even smaller. Soccer moms rejoice!

dodge-ram-laramie-49.jpg

Better looking than the new F150, but still by no means a good looking truck. I will give props, however to the exaust pipes pushed up into the rear bumper, though.

From that picture, IMO, Dodge got some styling cues from the 1994 Dodge. To me, at least, it looks more like the 1994 Rams. Not a bad thing at all.

How does the reliability stack up against the F150?

You can't imagine that some poeple may need a truck for regular duty most of the time and then occasionally must have more capability, like when we load down our 89 F150 with 2500lbs. People sometimes need capability heavy capability. They may not need it all the time. That is why this class of truck needs to be capable.

You just don't understand that a 1/2 ton pickup should be the size and have the capability of a 1/2 ton pickup. Same for a 3/4 and same for a 1 ton.

You just don't understand that a 1/2 ton pickup should be the size and have the capability of a 1/2 ton pickup. Same for a 3/4 and same for a 1 ton.

If that were the case, no one would be able to haul anything. Theres no real set definition. If Ford wants to have the highest capacity I don't see why it should be a problem. You know half ton trucks aren't race cars either. They shouldn't need 380 hp.

I never really liked the Dodge Ram that much from 94-01 nor did I like the 06-08 front end and the redesigned dash and interior in that time frame. The exterior of styling of the 02-05 has been my favorite of the Rams...especially in the Sport Appearance Package.

FWIW, I think there has been test mules of the '09 running around longer than the Tundra has been in production. It had been said that the '09 Dodge Ram would feature a Dodge Charge inspired grille that had a forward lean. Personally, I don't see an ounce of Tundra in the Dodge Ram. The wider at the bottom thing was being used by Dodge prior to Toyota so if anything, Toyota copied Dodge and that's apparent anyway. For that matter, the 97+ Super Duty trucks I believe were inspired by the Dodge Ram "big-rig" look with the grille rising higher than the headlights.

In fact, they all copy one another to some degree. Dodge admitted they used the '04 F-150 for inspiration and the squarer profile of the truck. They just deliberately kept the box height lower because they felt it was a mistake that Ford made raising the bedrails so high. It is ridiculously high. I'm an average height guy and I have to stand on the rear tire to reach the middle of the bed of my truck. The F-150, however, is hard to even reach a quarter of the way in.

Automotive News just issued their list of "Hits and Misses" for the 2008 NAIAS. The new Ram is listed as a definite miss. Richard Truett, who authored the list, is especially critical of the interior. Just not in the same league as the F-150.

Edited by mackinaw

Automotive News just issued their list of "Hits and Misses" for the 2008 NAIAS. The new Ram is listed as a definite miss. Richard Truett, who authored the list, is especially critical of the interior. Just not in the same league as the F-150.

Right, and if this Truett guy dared to ever make a disparaging remark about a Ford product the two of you would be on here denouncing him as an idiot or just another typical automotive media jerkweed. My suggestion is when the truck hits the lots, go see it for yourself.

What the heck, I figure if you can cut and paste the same comment from one forum to the next, so can I.