2009 Dodge Ram

wescoent

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick comment, and this goes for all of them....................THEY"RE TOO DAMN TALL!!!

I'm 6'1"" and the bedside of a F-150 comes up to my nose!!! i remember when I could lean over the bedside on one side of the truck and pick up something on the other side, Now I need a ladder just to see if there's anything in there.

Taller isnt always better.

:rant:

Just a quick comment, and this goes for all of them....................THEY"RE TOO DAMN TALL!!!

I'm 6'1"" and the bedside of a F-150 comes up to my nose!!! i remember when I could lean over the bedside on one side of the truck and pick up something on the other side, Now I need a ladder just to see if there's anything in there.

Taller isnt always better.

:rant:

True, but size gives presence and the impression of power.

OOOOH, nice comeback. What are you in THIRD GRADE?

Uh, a comeback to whom? I was just stating the obvious. And dammit I'm in the fifth grade now. You better recognize.

Look don't be mad because Dodge's new truck is way better looking then the new F150. I like them both, but hey, Dodge just outdid you guys so quit crying about it, . . . . fag boy. lol

Edited by BlackHorse

Uh, a comeback to whom? I was just stating the obvious. And dammit I'm in the fifth grade now. You better recognize.

Look don't be mad because Dodge's new truck is way better looking then the new F150. I like them both, but hey, Dodge just outdid you guys so quit crying about it, . . . . fag boy. lol

Careful not...someone may lock this thread...

modsal8.jpg

That's just a great looking truck dude, I don't care what the Ford fag boys have to say.

Homophobic anyone? You are entitled to your opinion of the Dodge as I am entitled to mine regarding the Ford, except I am not trying to stereotype you since it is obvious that you must've gotten all worked up seeing the big bulls and burly cowboys introducing the Dodge that you seem to have men and manly stuff on your mind.

It would seem that the first rule in denying your own sexuality is to try and call everyone around you that doesn't agree with you what you fear the most, being "outed" is scary....careful now, this is the new age....all are welcome. :hysterical:

Homophobic anyone? You are entitled to your opinion of the Dodge as I am entitled to mine regarding the Ford, except I am not trying to stereotype you since it is obvious that you must've gotten all worked up seeing the big bulls and burly cowboys introducing the Dodge that you seem to have men and manly stuff on your mind.

It would seem that the first rule in denying your own sexuality is to try and call everyone around you that doesn't agree with you what you fear the most, being "outed" is scary....careful now, this is the new age....all are welcome. :hysterical:

Thanks for that free evaluation Dr. Fraud. Two of my best friends are both gay, I'll be sure to tell them that according to you I'm terrified of gay people?

Sometimes twin, a jab is just a jab, not a left hook.

Also, I actually had to go back and look at the pictures again before I knew what you were talking about with the Cowboys. I totally missed them before. LOL Oh well, guess that craps all over that theory. You struck out all the way around I'm afraid.

However, for those of you who may have been offended by my "fag boy" comment, let me extend my sincerest apologies. In the future I'll just call them "flag boys". I hope none of you out there are flags. Perhaps it all comes out of my fear of flags. LOL

Thanks for that free evaluation Dr. Fraud. Two of my best friends are both gay, I'll be sure to tell them that according to you I'm terrified of gay people?

Also, I actually had to go back and look at the pictures again before I knew what you were talking about with the Cowboys. I totally missed them before. LOL Oh well, guess that craps all over that theory. You struck out all the way around I'm afraid.

However, for those of you who may have been offended by my "fag boy" comment, let me extend my sincerest apologies. In the future I'll just call them "flag boys". I hope none of you out there are flags. Perhaps it all comes out of my fear of flags. LOL

BEWARE of the flag!!

flag.jpg

I'm hardly that concerned BlackHorse. I just expected better from you. The fag boy comment is something I would expect from that potty mouth Tommy the Toyota Tech.

Winning an arguement on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics...you may have won but you're still special.

I think that the lower level grilles look better on both the Dodge and the Ford.

Congrats on making it to the Fifth Grade :hysterical:

I never said you were terrified of gay people, from how you presented your "case", I felt that you were displaying the classic signs of being terrified of being a gay person. I was not offended by your "fag boy" comment, but any argument you tried to make, was lost the instant you went for the grade school jabs. See the below excerpt from Wikipedia:

Homophobia

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Psychologist George Weinberg introduced the first scholarly use of the concept homophobia in his 1972 book Society and the Healthy Homosexual,[8] published one year before the American Psychiatric Association voted to remove homosexuality from its list of mental disorders.[9] Weinberg's "term became an important tool for gay and lesbian activists, advocates, and their allies."[10] He describes the concept as:

a phobia about homosexuals….It was a fear of homosexuals which seemed to be associated with a fear of contagion, a fear of reducing the things one fought for—home and family. It was a religious fear and it had led to great brutality as fear always does.[10]

Conceptualizing prejudice against gay and lesbian people as a social problem worthy of scholarly attention was not a new concept, but Weinberg was the first to give the problem a name.[10]

The construction of the word is comparable to xenophobia, a much older term referring to individual or cultural hostility to foreigners or outsiders.[10]

The word homophobia was rarely used early in the twentieth century, and it meant "fear or hatred of the male sex or humankind." In this use, the word derived from the Latin root homo (Latin, "man" or "human") with the Greek ending -phobia ("fear").[11]

The word first appeared in print in an article written for the American Screw tabloid, May 23, 1969 edition, using the word to refer to straight men's fear that others might think they are gay.[10] A possible etymological precursor was homoerotophobia, coined by Wainwright Churchill in Homosexual Behavior Among Males in 1967.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming thread...in my opinion, I don't think the Dodge holds a candle to the F150....yes, even with a hemi in it.

I never said you were terrified of gay people, from how you presented your "case", I felt that you were displaying the classic signs of being terrified of being a gay person. I was not offended by your "fag boy" comment, but any argument you tried to make, was lost the instant you went for the grade school jabs. See the below excerpt from Wikipedia:

Homophobia

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Psychologist George Weinberg introduced the first scholarly use of the concept homophobia in his 1972 book Society and the Healthy Homosexual,[8] published one year before the American Psychiatric Association voted to remove homosexuality from its list of mental disorders.[9] Weinberg's "term became an important tool for gay and lesbian activists, advocates, and their allies."[10] He describes the concept as:

a phobia about homosexuals….It was a fear of homosexuals which seemed to be associated with a fear of contagion, a fear of reducing the things one fought for—home and family. It was a religious fear and it had led to great brutality as fear always does.[10]

Conceptualizing prejudice against gay and lesbian people as a social problem worthy of scholarly attention was not a new concept, but Weinberg was the first to give the problem a name.[10]

The construction of the word is comparable to xenophobia, a much older term referring to individual or cultural hostility to foreigners or outsiders.[10]

The word homophobia was rarely used early in the twentieth century, and it meant "fear or hatred of the male sex or humankind." In this use, the word derived from the Latin root homo (Latin, "man" or "human") with the Greek ending -phobia ("fear").[11]

The word first appeared in print in an article written for the American Screw tabloid, May 23, 1969 edition, using the word to refer to straight men's fear that others might think they are gay.[10] A possible etymological precursor was homoerotophobia, coined by Wainwright Churchill in Homosexual Behavior Among Males in 1967.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming thread...in my opinion, I don't think the Dodge holds a candle to the F150....yes, even with a hemi in it.

Uh, ok, whatever man. I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm not a homophobic. Gay, straight, I don't care what a persons preference is.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program. LOL Heck it's obvious man, the Dodge looks better. You can't win them all. Nothing against the F150 and all, it's a truely great truck. But from purely a "which one looks better" standpoint, the Dodge wins hands down in my book. Given that anything I would need a truck for both the Dodge and the F150 would be more than adequate I'd have to probably at this point go with the Dodge. And hey, I"ve always been an F150 man. But that new Dodge just flat out looks better, I love the storage boxes on the bed side and the interior is pretty nice. I'd have to go with that.

I'm hardly that concerned BlackHorse. I just expected better from you. The fag boy comment is something I would expect from that potty mouth Tommy the Toyota Tech.

Winning an arguement on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics...you may have won but you're still special.

I think that the lower level grilles look better on both the Dodge and the Ford.

Congrats on making it to the Fifth Grade :hysterical:

OH NO!! TOMMY!!!!! Come on man!!!! That's dirty pool. You can't just go for the below the belt hits like that bro. You gotta warn me or something. TOMMY!!!??? Not cool. lol

I like the looks of the new Dodge Ram 1/2 Ton not bad at all. The best effort from Dodge in many many years. IMHO

I think Dodge took a step back and had a hard look at weather going bigger heavier more payload was really going to have any measurable payoff. Time will tell if they made a move in the right or wrong direction.

Most 1/2 tons today have as much or more size and capacity than 3/4 tons of years back.

This has left a big gap between the compact - mid size trucks and the full size ones.

But let’s face it most half tons do not see anywhere near the service or capacity loading they are rated for. Most people are getting these heavy 1/2 ton trucks that consume more fuel cause of the extra weight and capacity that is never used. Most people that buy half tons are not pulling 10K lbs regularly and very very few ever do at all. As long as the Ram can haul a quad or Snowmobile (without buckling the tail gate) and Handle a couple dozen sheets of plywood or drywall it will meet the needs of 95% of the buyers in the half ton segment.

Lets face it if you are going to be towing 10K regularly you should be looking at a 3/4 ton truck.

Yes the top engine is the 380 hp Hemi but I would bet most will be outfitted with more pedestrian engines. The 380 HP Hemi also gives Dodge a Lightning type sport truck. Stuff some low profile tires on it somebody cladding instant sport truck. If the truck comes in lighter with a better ride and handling (due to 4 corner coils) and better fuel economy with the smaller engines. It should be a good success. With the truck being a lighter duty truck than the GMC-Chev, Yota and Ford it should be able to be built at a lower cost as well. They may end up having a price advantage once the dust settles.

Dodge has good a chance at picking up some market share with this truck approach. That hopefully be stolen from Toyota. Dodge by far had the most to lose from Yota's Tundra.

I know A lot of our contractors do not even bother with the F150's as they are so heavily built they just buy Super Duty's And get smaller less costly mid size P/U's or SUV's for their Supervisors.

There is some sound thought to going back to more traditional sized & payload capacity 1/2 Ton.

Matthew

Uh, ok, whatever man. I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm not a homophobic. Gay, straight, I don't care what a persons preference is.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program. LOL Heck it's obvious man, the Dodge looks better. You can't win them all. Nothing against the F150 and all, it's a truely great truck. But from purely a "which one looks better" standpoint, the Dodge wins hands down in my book. Given that anything I would need a truck for both the Dodge and the F150 would be more than adequate I'd have to probably at this point go with the Dodge. And hey, I"ve always been an F150 man. But that new Dodge just flat out looks better, I love the storage boxes on the bed side and the interior is pretty nice. I'd have to go with that.

Wait until you hit bumps and all that shit you put into the fenders start rattling around. You also have to buy the Crew Cab to get those storage areas in the fenders. I doubt if many will buying the Hemi with dual exhaust. Just another muffler to replace when it rots out. The chrome extensions are also hard to find when exhaust system rots out. The dilletantes will be buying the fully optioned Hemi Dodge.

Wait until you hit bumps and all that shit you put into the fenders start rattling around. You also have to buy the Crew Cab to get those storage areas in the fenders. I doubt if many will buying the Hemi with dual exhaust. Just another muffler to replace when it rots out. The chrome extensions are also hard to find when exhaust system rots out. The dilletantes will be buying the fully optioned Hemi Dodge.

So...stuff doesn't rattle in...say...the bed of a Ford?

So...stuff doesn't rattle in...say...the bed of a Ford?

Heck no and the exhaust system never rots out from under it either. Why you could drive an F150 5 gazillion miles without doing a dimes worth of maintenance. The F150 5.4 V8 gets 75 mpg around town, . . full throttle. At Ford we don't offer dual exhaust and cool chrome extensions because were all better than that. We like boring,. . . ITS COOL!!! LOL Why I know a guy who once drove an F150 into a burning 3 alarm fire so he could save a baby alligator. Can you believe it didn't even blow a tire. Not even a scratch. My F150 handles like a sports car and gets all the hottest chicks. It's an 83 regular cab with an inline 6 and a faded blue paint job. Pure sex baby. Of course it never leaves the yard because blocks don't roll.

Note that this is how ridiculous you Ford guys sound in your desparate attempt to pin some kind of negative vibe on a Dodge truck that hasn't even hit the lots yet. Are you boys nervous or something?