Automobile Design Review

probeGT

Just an FYI. . . the MKS gets savaged by design guy Robert Cumberford in the latest issue of Automobile magazine. Literally the only thing he likes is the crease that goes from front fender to c pillar. Hates the creases in the hood, the overdone front end, the fender badge and the frumpy rear overhang. "What a luxury car shouldn't be" is the headline.

I've not seen Cumberford so completely hate a design.

while the mks is not a stunner, cumberford is a moron. most of his 'desgin analysis' is garbage. i used to subscribe to that mag. whatever history he has sure does not come off credibly in his analyses. it's usually just a bunch of meandering drivel written in circles. he's right up with the auto journalists i dislike the most.

how he is employed in this arena is beyond me. i'd really like to read analysis from someone who speaks English and makes sense and has taste.

Edited by regfootball

• 3 weeks later...

I was in the bookstore the other day and I came accross this "design review" in automobile magazine and I became so enraged I put the guy's name in my phone so I could write him a nasty letter.....and you wonder why people have such as negative view of the american auto industry...RARELY do american car companies gain recognition from the majorly biased magazines out there.....THE MKS IS A GREAT CAR and is not anywhere near being a "fancy taurus", the interior is magnificient, the styling is bold and the double winged grill and optional equiptment is impressive...THIS CAR WILL DO GREAT SOMEONE PLEASE QUOTE ME ON THIS IN THE FUTURE

Edited by kenwowski