2009 Lincoln MKS

98GMLS

KA DMV will do what ever they want and walk all over people if allowed.

They tried it with me. Threatend to garnish my bank account for registration on my truck since I did not pay it and did not tell them that I moved out of state. The poor girl on the phone could not of course tell me any laws or codes or regs that could possibly require me to inform the state of KA as to where and when I moved. I was nice. But it sure was difficult.

They do that stuff to my buddy all the time because he is always driving a new old car that is or falls out of registration or has back registration etc. He rarely ever needs to pay them any if 1/4 of what they demand because they can rarely if ever show valid legal proof as to why they are entitled to what they say he owes them. KA DMV must hate my buddy as much as he hates them.

Peace and Blessings

sounds like the DMV beats to a drummer in all states...not just here...typical of most GOVT departments it seems...

thats what i am talking about as well....we have also had people trying to buy cars here and ship to other states, bottom line if driven by the customer on California soil you pay taxes....same if bought new out of state and brought back here to ones permanent adress......

There was something several years back where the state lost in court forcing people to pay some sales tax on vehicles.

Must have been people new to CA that brought in vehicles that CA tried to make them pay sales tax on?

I remember a big article on it in the Sac Bee.

Peace and Blessings.

I bought a moto in PA, paid 6% sales tax there and then when reistering in NY I had to pay the difference of 2% (8% sales tax in NY) Like a lot of things every state is different. I am surprised they didn't charge me the whole 8% ;)

As for Canada-US th ebig deal used to be that vehicles were priced special in Canada to make up for th ecurrency differences and the PST/GST tax load. IT made i cheaper to buy up there and bring the car back. I recall it being driven be the auto manufacturor's. The car had to be 6 months or a year old if I recall correctlyThe currency fluctuations today I'm not sure where this stands today.

they have also been known to overestimate their #'s(1999 SVT Cobra) yet underestimated the #'s in the 2003-04 SVT Cobra

Well, the over-estimate on the '99 Cobras was due to a production flaw, so it wasn't like they intentionally overrated it. I'm thinking Ford is probably sandbagging with the 3.7 in the Lincoln. The 3.5 was initially rated at 250 HP and we ended up with 265, so.....

There's the 270 number they released, but aren't Ford's estimates usually on the lower side. Wasn't the 3.5 estimated lower than the 265-hp it is?

That's what I thought, too but my inside source tells me that it will be 270 and that they simply didn't have enough time or resources to get it any higher.

The 3.5L was advertised at 250 but ended up at 263-265 depending on vehicle. But that was just a general announcement for the engine and not a preliminary rating for the Edge, MkZ or MkX. In this case they're specifically talking about the MKS ratings so I'd expect it to stay at 270 or very very close.

Unless my source is pulling my leg, but I doubt it.

The 3.5L was advertised at 250 but ended up at 263-265 depending on vehicle. But that was just a general announcement for the engine and not a preliminary rating for the Edge, MkZ or MkX. In this case they're specifically talking about the MKS ratings so I'd expect it to stay at 270 or very very close.

Also, I'm pretty sure the D35's number change was somewhat due to the SAE's new hp rating rules as of that year.

Edited by MERKURXR4Ti

I could be wrong, but as I recall, D35 was rated with the new SAE from the beginning.

It could have been, my logic (which I may or may not have gotten from anywhere now that I think about it) was that they bumped it up when they changed the testing prior to release.

I'm hoping the 270 is an understatement, but I doubt it is, the EB should take care of the moaning.

If it's getting 270 hp on non-premium fuel then that might be an incentive for some.

I'd like to see a bump in horsepower myself, but the size and the price where the MKS would top out undercuts vehicles (such as the A6 for example) in price yet still offers more hp (or about the same) as the M35, A6 3.6, E350 and 528 (because it best aligns in pricing over the 535.

We shall see how this works out...