2009 Lincoln MKS

98GMLS

Guys just an FYI.

In Canada, the price guide has the 2009 at $60,000 and $65,000 for the AWD.

3.7 L 270 HP.

This is pretty steep considering the 2008 Taurus Limited is $37,000.

The Mazda CX9 with the new 3.7 is rated at 273 HP.

Why is this, shouldn't the Lincoln have a higher output.

According to http://www.lincoln.com/reachhigher/configu...mks/default.asp

FWD base is $37,235

AWD base is $39,105

Guys just an FYI.

3.7 L 270 HP.

Someone posted that it was launching with DI and around 330 hp (or AT LEAST 300 hp). I think 270 is a little conservative.

It'll be 'round 270-280hp at launch, with TF Ecoboost coming a year later. I drove an eco-boosted flex a few weeks back - its a MONSTER motor.

Swizco

Guys just an FYI.

3.7 L 270 HP.

correct me if im wrong but i thought the 3.7L in the Mazda was different from the one going in the MKS

Guys just an FYI.

3.7 L 270 HP.

That is just phucking stupid. Why do we always have to pay more for vehicles here when they cross the U.S./Canada border duty free?

They won't let you do that.

There is a class-action lawsuit pending in Canada as a result of this.

Really? The Federal, State, wont let you?

Kalifornia tried to make people that bought a car outside of Kalifornia pay sales tax on it when they brought it in. That did not last too long. That was another Gray Davis idea.

Can you buy used from the states? Get someone in the US to buy it. Then sell it to you?

Peace and Blessings

Kalifornia tried to make people that bought a car outside of Kalifornia pay sales tax on it when they brought it in. That did not last too long. That was another Gray Davis idea.

Can you buy used from the states? Get someone in the US to buy it. Then sell it to you?

Peace and Blessings

Car manufacturers won't let you do it.

You can buy used, but if there is any warranty left on it, the manufacturers won't honour it once you import the car.

Peace and Blessings

the car is taxed where it is registered....if one kinks the deal, lives in California and has gone out of state to save a few tax dollars, and then gets caught driving the car on local ( California ) roads, they can be liable for an up to $10,000 fine....and a used car/ motorcycle cannot be registered in California if bought out of state till 7500 miles..........

Peace and Blessings

The vehicle must have a certified immobilizer to be registered with the Transport Canada after import. Many people have new vehicles that they managed to get in the US and they can't even get them registered by their private or provincial agency because TC won't allow them to be used.

Peace and Blessings

You cant buy a car with less than 5k miles on it from outside California.

You cant buy a car with less than 5k miles on it from outside California.

I just went thru it with a motorcycle from minnesota, and its actually 7500 miles unless the bike has Cal emissions, what i found absolutely STUPID is the fact a Motorcycle doesn't have smog inspections so its NOT to do with emissions, so I asked ..."so the bike is different HOW after 7500 miles????? "....deer in headlights look.....DUMB!

Edited by Deanh

I just went thru it with a motorcycle from minnesota, and its actually 7500 miles unless the bike has Cal emissions, what i found absolutely STUPID is the fact a Motorcycle doesn't have smog inspections so its NOT to do with emissions, so I asked ..."so the bike is different HOW after 7500 miles????? "....deer in headlights look.....DUMB!

KA DMV will do what ever they want and walk all over people if allowed.

They tried it with me. Threatend to garnish my bank account for registration on my truck since I did not pay it and did not tell them that I moved out of state. The poor girl on the phone could not of course tell me any laws or codes or regs that could possibly require me to inform the state of KA as to where and when I moved. I was nice. But it sure was difficult.

They do that stuff to my buddy all the time because he is always driving a new old car that is or falls out of registration or has back registration etc. He rarely ever needs to pay them any if 1/4 of what they demand because they can rarely if ever show valid legal proof as to why they are entitled to what they say he owes them. KA DMV must hate my buddy as much as he hates them.

Peace and Blessings

the car is taxed where it is registered....if one kinks the deal, lives in California and has gone out of state to save a few tax dollars, and then gets caught driving the car on local ( California ) roads, they can be liable for an up to $10,000 fine....and a used car/ motorcycle cannot be registered in California if bought out of state till 7500 miles..........

I am talking sales tax. Not registration.

I thought that was indeed stopped by the courts...

Peace and Blessings

Edited by macattak1

I am talking sales tax. Not registration.

I thought that was indeed stopped by the courts...

Peace and Blessings

thats what i am talking about as well....we have also had people trying to buy cars here and ship to other states, bottom line if driven by the customer on California soil you pay taxes....same if bought new out of state and brought back here to ones permanent adress......