Official 2009 Ford Flex Pricing

silvrsvt

Attached is the 2009 Flex Order Guide which was released to Ford Dealers yesterday.

MSRP pricing for the base models is as follows:

$28,295 SE FWD

$32,070 SEL FWD

$34,705 Limited FWD

$33,920 SEL AWD

$36,555 Limited AWD

$700 Destination & Delivery

Retail Option Prices:

$985 Convenience Package (SEL)

$895 Lighting Package (SEL)

$570 Trailer Towing Pre Package - Class III

$770 2nd Row 40/40 Reclining Seats (SE & SEL)

$870 2nd Row 40/40 Heated Reclining Seats (Limited)

$100 2nd Row Floor Console (SEL & Limited)

$760 Rear Console Refrigeration System (SEL & Limited)

$55 All Weather Floor Mats

$1,020 DVD Rear Entertainment CEnter (SEL & Limited)

$1,495 Vista Roof (SEL & Limited)

$395 Two-Tone Roof - White Suede

$395 Two-Tone Roof - Brilliant Silver

$395 Tri-Coat Paint (SEL & Limited)

$395 SYNC (SE & SEL)

$100 Roof Rack Side RAils - Black (SE)

$100 Roof Rack Side Rails - Chrome (SEL & Limited)

$430 CDX6 w/Satellite Radio (SE)

$2,375 Navigation System w/Rear Back Up Camera (Limited)

$295 PowerCode Remote Start

PDF of the order guide can be found here

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...showtopic=21473

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attached is the 2009 Flex Order Guide which was released to Ford Dealers yesterday.

MSRP pricing for the base models is as follows:

$28,295 SE FWD

$32,070 SEL FWD

$34,705 Limited FWD

$33,920 SEL AWD

$36,555 Limited AWD

$700 Destination & Delivery

Retail Option Prices:

$985 Convenience Package (SEL)

$895 Lighting Package (SEL)

$570 Trailer Towing Pre Package - Class III

$770 2nd Row 40/40 Reclining Seats (SE & SEL)

$870 2nd Row 40/40 Heated Reclining Seats (Limited)

$100 2nd Row Floor Console (SEL & Limited)

$760 Rear Console Refrigeration System (SEL & Limited)

$55 All Weather Floor Mats

$1,020 DVD Rear Entertainment CEnter (SEL & Limited)

$1,495 Vista Roof (SEL & Limited)

$395 Two-Tone Roof - White Suede

$395 Two-Tone Roof - Brilliant Silver

$395 Tri-Coat Paint (SEL & Limited)

$395 SYNC (SE & SEL)

$100 Roof Rack Side RAils - Black (SE)

$100 Roof Rack Side Rails - Chrome (SEL & Limited)

$430 CDX6 w/Satellite Radio (SE)

$2,375 Navigation System w/Rear Back Up Camera (Limited)

$295 PowerCode Remote Start

PDF of the order guide can be found here

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...showtopic=21473

I figured that the medium will be mid 30's.....not bad, hell we have 50k F-150's.......

Yes, then again the avg cost for a new car is in the mid 20K range...

I took a look at the PDF and the fuel tank on it is 19.2 GALLONS! Boy thats gotta hurt to fill! LOL

ah...but Glass Hopper...one only has to fill once a week......I never expected the Flex to come in mid 20's....my gauge was the SEL Edge...and flex has more bling and thing....

Well, small gas tanks maybe give you some psychological comfort, but big tanks lets you go on longer trips without having to stop for gas so often. It's supposed to be a minivan replacement anyway...so it better have big tanks.

Mid 30s ain't bad considering a Honda Odyssey MSRP $25K-41K

Yes, then again the avg cost for a new car is in the mid 20K range...

I took a look at the PDF and the fuel tank on it is 19.2 GALLONS! Boy thats gotta hurt to fill! LOL

Edited by Catalepsy

Well, small gas tanks maybe give you some psychological comfort, but big tanks lets you go on longer trips without having to stop for gas so often. It's supposed to be a minivan replacement anyway...so it better have big tanks.

agree there at 20mpg that gives only a range of approx 380 miles....I would think 500 would be the #...but hey...it is what it is....plenty of gas staions around....

Is the flex due at dealers before the 09 f-150 wasjust wondering how come prices for the flex came first and does anyone have any idea on time line for 09 f-150 pricing?????

I beleive ordering guides for the flex are now avail, 09 F-150 is not...means Flex first.......guess on f-150 6-8 weeks...but thats a guess...just printed ordering guide...LOVE it...only 1 page of options...1page...eureka simplicity is making the common sense rounds....

Edited by Deanh

Apples to Apples, it stacks up well (especially at the bottom end) with the ChryCo minivans. You end up with a nice engine from the start, without having to step up to higher trim levels, and the Flex appears to offer a bit more feature content (i.e. AWD). That alone should be a great selling point for some.

It would be nice if Ford opened up the availability to equip. NAV for the SEL trim line.

one thing I harp on is the plug and play...in this case the Nav ( only avail in Limited???? ) the DVD system...and the refrigerator shoul ALL be set price dealer installed.....on ANY model.....hell theres 3 options that too some will be a deal breaker if the car does not have it...so my suggestion would avoid that objection COMPLETELY!

By comparing the Flex Limited FWD to the Taurus X Limited FWD I just purchsed, it's about $3100 more. Just two options I got (Nav, DVD entertainment) are $400 more.

By the time everything is added equal, I'd expect the Flex to cost about $4K more than a similar Taurus-X. No wonder Ford wants to get rid of the T-X and go only with Flex!

I also preferred the T-X for its 4" narrower exterior width for the same hip room as the Flex.

I get freeway mileage in the T-X anywhere from 25 MPG (rolling hills at 70 MPH) to 28 MPG (flat at 60 MPH). Go into a city and it can drop as low as 12 MPG if you're doing a lot of sitting at lights. The Flex has the same engine and about the same weight, so it may be similar.

It would be nice if Ford opened up the availability to equip. NAV for the SEL trim line.

I believe certain options that are going to be always listed as stand-alones should be offered on ALL trim lines anyway. With the Nav, it becomes even more important, as the reverse camera is a safety item, and I don't believe ANY safety items should be limited by trim selection.

As Dean mentioned, making things like these dealer-installed would solve the problem completely.

Edited by NickF1011

By comparing the Flex Limited FWD to the Taurus X Limited FWD I just purchsed, it's about $3100 more. Just two options I got (Nav, DVD entertainment) are $400 more.

By the time everything is added equal, I'd expect the Flex to cost about $4K more than a similar Taurus-X. No wonder Ford wants to get rid of the T-X and go only with Flex!

I also preferred the T-X for its 4" narrower exterior width for the same hip room as the Flex.

I get freeway mileage in the T-X anywhere from 25 MPG (rolling hills at 70 MPH) to 28 MPG (flat at 60 MPH). Go into a city and it can drop as low as 12 MPG if you're doing a lot of sitting at lights. The Flex has the same engine and about the same weight, so it may be similar.

not sure...it looks a tad more Aero challenged......

I believe certain options that are going to be always listed as stand-alones should be offered on ALL trim lines anyway. With the Nav, it becomes even more important, as the reverse camera is a safety item, and I don't believe ANY safety items should be limited by trim selection.

As Dean mentioned, making things like these dealer-installed would solve the problem completely.

The reverse camera is in the mirror isn't it?

True. One thing that Toyota has done with the Highlander is make the backup camera a low cost option that isn't dependent upon a NAV system. What would have been a good idea here is the utilization of Ford's backup camera built into the rearview mirror (similar to the versions used in the F-150)

one thing I harp on is the plug and play...in this case the Nav ( only avail in Limited???? ) the DVD system...and the refrigerator shoul ALL be set price dealer installed.....on ANY model.....hell theres 3 options that too some will be a deal breaker if the car does not have it...so my suggestion would avoid that objection COMPLETELY!

I have the same Nav and DVD Family Entertainment System (FES) in my Taurus X. It's more than just adding in a box. The steering wheel buttons, software, SYNC and voice command integration, and data and electrical connections change completely depending on what combination you have installed.

With both Nav and DVD FES, I can control the kids DVD system in back from the front. Likewise they can use the remote to control the front radio stations, and say scan FM to listen on a headphone if I'm listening to Satellite Radio or vice versa.

For example, last night my youngest was watching a DVD on the car's wireless headphone channel B, my middle teen was SYNC'ing her cell phone songs to the car via bluetooth and listening to it on headphone channel A, and I was listening to Satellite Radio on the front speakers, all at the same time. Both front Nav and rear DVD menu screens are fully interactive with each other to pull this off nicely.

The reverse camera is in the mirror isn't it?

I've been in cars with reverse cameras and found them dangerous. If you're looking at the camera screen, you're not looking around to see what's coming from all other angles. And the perspective is skewed by the wide angle camera, making distance judgements impossible.

I much prefer to have my head up looking around and instead have the reverse sensors help sense objects in back by beeping in my ears.

Edited by LarryQW

I have the same Nav and DVD Family Entertainment System (FES) in my Taurus X. It's more than just adding in a box. The steering wheel buttons, software, SYNC and voice command integration, and data and electrical connections change completely depending on what combination you have installed.

With both Nav and DVD FES, I can control the kids DVD system in back from the front. Likewise they can use the remote to control the front radio stations, and say scan FM to listen on a headphone if I'm listening to Satellite Radio or vice versa.

For example, last night my youngest was watching a DVD on the car's wireless headphone channel B, my middle teen was SYNC'ing her cell phone songs to the car via bluetooth and listening to it on headphone channel A, and I was listening to Satellite Radio on the front speakers, all at the same time. Both front Nav and rear DVD menu screens are fully interactive with each other to pull this off nicely.

but if the wiring harness was standardised then it would just come down to the an individual head unit compatible with the individual vehicles controls, ie one head unit for one with synch, one for a vehicle without.....

!